[Serie A] Cagliari 0-2 JUVENTUS [April 2nd, 2019] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Barella is a very good player but he does have that kind of attitude that grates. It's a strength though, he's fearless, and fans of his team love players like him. There's a reason why half of Europe wants him.

Quite a few of the Italy kids have attitudes these days, I think it's part of succeeding in modern football, timid players fade away.

One bit on Bernardeschi once again - absolutely hopeless decision-making. Don Hutchison in commentary was spot-on, and as a former player from the same position is worth listening to - he has all the talent and knows it, but for some reason feels he has to always show it with the difficult choice at least 70% of the time. He's a potential top player in terms of talent but mentally he plays like a kid. We saw a brilliant game from him against Atletico because he was focused on putting in his usual effort but also doing the simple passes, using his team mates and getting his head up. His ridiculous yellow tonight was a snapshot into the mind of a player who really struggles with situational awareness and management. The coaches have to somehow drag the smart player out of him. He's not battling to impress now, he's a starter and we should be seeing more consistency in the role.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Juventus Coach Max Allegri said Moise Kean was wrong to provoke Cagliari fans, but also that racists “can be identified and given a lifetime ban, it’s just they don’t want to.”

The incidents overshadowed the 2-0 Juve victory at the Sardegna Arena, occurring after Kean’s 85th-minute goal.

“It was a solid performance, we showed great technique and didn’t allow Cagliari any chances, which is rare as they are so strong on home turf,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.

“I knew we needed a more aggressive approach than the one we showed against Udinese and Empoli.”

Allegri was asked about 19-year-old Kean, who was on target yet again for club and country, but was subjected to racist jeers after his celebration in front of the fans with arms outstretched, almost as a challenge.

“He scored another goal and did better in the second half, whereas he got more or less everything wrong in the first half,” replied Allegri.

“I didn’t hear anything from the stands, as I was focused on the game. You need great intelligence to deal with these situations and should not go to provoke people. That, of course, does not mean the idiots in the crowd and the way they reacted should be justified.

“As always in life, there are idiots who do stupid things and ruin it for everyone else. I don’t think talking about it all the time helps. I don’t think halting play helps, because not everyone in the stadium did that.

We need to use the cameras, find those who are doing it and punish them. It’s very simple, identify them and not one-year ban or two, just give them a lifetime ban. We’ve got the technology, it can be done if the authorities want to. The problem is, they don’t really want to.”

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Juventus Coach Max Allegri said Moise Kean was wrong to provoke Cagliari fans, but also that racists “can be identified and given a lifetime ban, it’s just they don’t want to.”

The incidents overshadowed the 2-0 Juve victory at the Sardegna Arena, occurring after Kean’s 85th-minute goal.

“It was a solid performance, we showed great technique and didn’t allow Cagliari any chances, which is rare as they are so strong on home turf,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.

“I knew we needed a more aggressive approach than the one we showed against Udinese and Empoli.”

Allegri was asked about 19-year-old Kean, who was on target yet again for club and country, but was subjected to racist jeers after his celebration in front of the fans with arms outstretched, almost as a challenge.

“He scored another goal and did better in the second half, whereas he got more or less everything wrong in the first half,” replied Allegri.

“I didn’t hear anything from the stands, as I was focused on the game. You need great intelligence to deal with these situations and should not go to provoke people. That, of course, does not mean the idiots in the crowd and the way they reacted should be justified.

“As always in life, there are idiots who do stupid things and ruin it for everyone else. I don’t think talking about it all the time helps. I don’t think halting play helps, because not everyone in the stadium did that.

We need to use the cameras, find those who are doing it and punish them. It’s very simple, identify them and not one-year ban or two, just give them a lifetime ban. We’ve got the technology, it can be done if the authorities want to. The problem is, they don’t really want to.”
Allegri isn't really blaming him here, bit of a sensationalist headline

Sep 13, 2015
One bit on Bernardeschi once again - absolutely hopeless decision-making. Don Hutchison in commentary was spot-on, and as a former player from the same position is worth listening to - he has all the talent and knows it, but for some reason feels he has to always show it with the difficult choice at least 70% of the time. He's a potential top player in terms of talent but mentally he plays like a kid. We saw a brilliant game from him against Atletico because he was focused on putting in his usual effort but also doing the simple passes, using his team mates and getting his head up. His ridiculous yellow tonight was a snapshot into the mind of a player who really struggles with situational awareness and management. The coaches have to somehow drag the smart player out of him. He's not battling to impress now, he's a starter and we should be seeing more consistency in the role.
I completely agree with your statement about Berna. Only a dedicated mentor / coach figure can make him more intelligent. His potential is so vivid and especially scary with his physical presence and movement in the attacking third.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Bonucci: "Goal? We had tried it in training. Kean's celebration? It's 50-50, he could've celebrated in a different way. Racist jeers? Yes Kean received some after the goal, Blaise wasn't very happy..."

I want to know whether these chants came before or after the goal. Might look bad on Kean if he provoked it with his celebration

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Bonucci: "Goal? We had tried it in training. Kean's celebration? It's 50-50, he could've celebrated in a different way. Racist jeers? Yes Kean received some after the goal, Blaise wasn't very happy..."

I want to know whether these chants came before or after the goal. Might look bad on Kean if he provoked it with his celebration
They were clearly happening to him all game. Not as many people were participating in them though, as they did when he scored.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Great game from our lads, they really knuckled down and put in an impressive shift against a stubborn and tough Cagliari side. The 3-5-2 looked good, we barely gave them a chance in either half and we allowed Kean to score against those racist pieces of shit. Not a bad outing at all.

Emre Can (and then Pjanic) MoM. Fantastic midfield (and defensive) performance. He’s really growing into this role now. Kudos to Allegri for this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)