[Serie A] Brescia vs JUVENTUS (10-Nov-2010) (4 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I meant the header in the first half.

The one right at the end was a pretty difficult chance, so I didn't count that.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I didn't think it was that tough a chance.

I thought all he had to do was to head it towards the far side of the goal and the 'keeper wouldn't have had a chance.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Quag scored one

Hit the post with another
Those two chances came in some 30 seconds or so, so apart from registering the post as a missed chance, we can't say that he should have gotten 2 goals from those two chances, simply because one excludes the other. (The goal he scored wouldn't have happened if he scored instead of hitting the post).

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Those two chances came in some 30 seconds or so, so apart from registering the post as a missed chance, we can't say that he should have gotten 2 goals from those two chances, simply because one excludes the other. (The goal he scored wouldn't have happened if he scored instead of hitting the post).
That's correct

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I didn't think it was that tough a chance.

I thought all he had to do was to head it towards the far side of the goal and the 'keeper wouldn't have had a chance.
Would have had to be one hell of a header from that angle

How funny is it that our short striker, Quags, has scored more headers this season than Ammori and Iaq put together?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Would have had to be one hell of a header from that
I'll need to see it again, but I didn't think the angle was that tight.

How funny is it that our short striker, Quags, has scored more headers this season than Ammori and Iaq put together?

Intelligent movement is more important than physical size, as long as you aren't a midget.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
I blame del neri alone for the draw because of these reasons :

1. insisting to play sissoko while we still have a healty marchisio
2. forcing marchisio to play as winger while salihamidzic was available and marchisio was a far better option for the middle
3. played del piero as starter when IMO he could've been better as a sub

had we field sali - marchi - aqua - pepe as well as quag - yakwinta up front I'm sure we could gain a better result!

flop of the match : sissoko & motta

I can't blame anyone else since it was more strategy/the coach's fault IMO.

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
In my opinion we just lacked that cutting edge vs Brescia, as well as basic tactical understanding.
You would expect common sense to prevail, however it rarely does these days with Juve.
For example, we play Del Piero and Quagliarella, and then insist on playing the ball for the majority of the time down the right flank, to two of our poorer performers so far this season in Motta and Pepe.
Additionally, the fact that Pepe/Motta rarely put in very effective crosses is further amplified by the fact that they really have one option to aim for (Quagliarella, because realistically how often is Del Piero going to win a header over a Serie A quality defender).
This emphasis on weak wing play, coupled with Sissoko's inability to make more than 1 effective pass in a row in most cases hurts our team alot. Aquilani didn't have a great game today either and was a bit sloppy when he got involved, but realistically Sissoko is there to win the ball and lay it off to him, something that doesn't happen often enough.
Lastly, the previously mentioned emphasis on playing the ball down the right flank isolates Marchisio on the left flank for long periods of the game, which negatively affects us since on his day he can really kickstart a good counter attack or setup a nice play down the left or middle along with Aquilani.
I'm not saying that we should never attack down the wings, as that would be stupid as well, but i feel like we need to exploit the field more, by moving the ball across the width quickly, and sometimes trying to trust Del Piero's creativity and Quag's pace by playing the ball down the middle more often, and trying to create chances closer to the goal/middle of the box/outside the middle of the box (the pitch was small today, so i can't blame the lads completely as it was very crowded).

Anyways, that's my opinion and apologies that it was a tad long. Does anyone agree/disagree? Im interested to see what you guys thought of this game, or our playing style in general.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Melo and Krasic are hugely important to winning games. Not to mention better full backs in Grygera and De Ceglie (I reluctantly admit).

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
You have to admire his movement though, from that shot that hit the bar, he immediately found himself in the box waiting for a ball from the left. You never see Amauri doing that, after hitting the bar, he would have gotten himself busy clapping over his head or complaining or doing that thing Hustini has in his avatar.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
You have to admire his movement though, from that shot that hit the bar, he immediately found himself in the box waiting for a ball from the left. You never see Amauri doing that, after hitting the bar, he would have gotten himself busy clapping over his head or complaining or doing that thing Hustini has in his avatar.
:lol:

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
:lol2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)