[Serie A] Brescia 1-2 JUVENTUS [September 24th, 2019] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Same story as the last few games. Generally scrappy display with some good individual efforts to take us over the line. We created a good amount of opportunities but left ourselves open again a few too many times. We were lucky not to concede another.

Just have to be patient with this side. However, our fullback situation seems like it could be a real problem further into the season.

Rabiot was very error prone but the worry for me was that he doesn't look at all penetrating. He's a big, powerful lad but he doesn't seem to know how to even try to advance the ball.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
rabiot wasn't _that bad. he had 3 tackles and 3 interceptions, basically matching pjanic's numbers vs parma as the best defensive performance of any mid so far this season. add some faster thinking (which might arrive once he has some match fitness and gets comfortable with his teammates), and we'll have a pretty useful player.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
rabiot wasn't _that bad. he had 3 tackles and 3 interceptions, basically matching pjanic's numbers vs parma as the best defensive performance of any mid so far this season. add some faster thinking (which might arrive once he has some match fitness and gets comfortable with his teammates), and we'll have a pretty useful player.
Defensively he's solid. I just don't see him adding anything going forward which makes him another Bentancur basically. He's not particularly nimble but he also got pushed off the ball very easily when he should have been able to power through his marker.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I thought he was easily dispossessed and a few times his passes left me wondering if he actually knew who he was passing to.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
No, he was. His positioning was way off, but I blame it more on a new tactics. And he is rusty, did a lot unnecessary mistakes, but it's his first game. He is a class player, hope we stick with 4312 with him at LCM.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Truth to be told, its good that our slightly above average coach has all these high profile friendlies in August, September, October and November to try different players and formations and decide on a starting 11 around New Year when our season actually starts. I liked what I saw so far since the expectations were lower, defence will remain shaky at times and will concede on a regular basis, we create a lot and our finishing kinda sucks, improve on that and we will score 1 or 2 goals + on average in every game, thus winning with a more comfortable result. We have a great squad and great bench, once again, I wont mind trying a back 3 especially when we're out of natural wingers, Sandro needs a rest, dont know what's Danilo's status, if hes out for Spal then I wont mind at all something like this :

De Ligt Bonucci Demiral

Matuidi on the left Cuads on the right with Pjanic and Ramsey/Emre Can in the middle

Dybala behind Ronaldo and Higuain

Berna can replace Dybala if Paulo is going to start vs Leverkusen, Pjanic is too important to bench and Bentancur is too unconvincing in his role...

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Sandro needs to rest, you could see dip in his form in this match.
I believe the dip had more to do with the fact Rabiot offered nothing going forward on the left flank and there was no CR7 to link up with and a lack of protection without Matuidi to cover him than it being a physical or tiredness issue.

If we’re going to persist with 4-3-1-2 then we can’t use Rabiot as the LCM and Higuain as the ST otherwise there will be zero threat out on the left hand side.

Thought Dybala had a great game and it did have a lot to do with the change in formation too. Considering he’s hardly had any game time his first touch (which he often gets criticised for) was sublime on multiple occasions. It’s more than could be said for Higuain who had the ball bouncing off him and stood out like a sore thumb next to Dybala and Ramsey.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Dybala behind Ronaldo and Higuain

Berna can replace Dybala if Paulo is going to start vs Leverkusen, Pjanic is too important to bench and Bentancur is too unconvincing in his role...
Judging by Sarri’s post game comments he’s going to be using Ramsey and Rabiot in the trequartista role, whilst Dybala will be third choice there.
Ramsey I can agree with, Rabiot in no way will be an effective trequartista imo.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Judging by Sarri’s post game comments he’s going to be using Ramsey and Rabiot in the trequartista role, whilst Dybala will be third choice there.
Ramsey I can agree with, Rabiot in no way will be an effective trequartista imo.
Maybe trequartista in the same sense that Vidal was trequartista.

The 4-3-1-2 wasn't ample given that first, Brescia were also play a narrow formation; and second, that our fullbacks weren't providing any width whatever.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
No, he was. His positioning was way off, but I blame it more on a new tactics. And he is rusty, did a lot unnecessary mistakes, but it's his first game. He is a class player, hope we stick with 4312 with him at LCM.
yeah, his positioning sucked indeed. besides szczesny, he was to blame for the first goal, iirc i even wrote it in the live thread. and i also think that he's rusty af, especially in the way he thinks. as @JCK said, sometimes he had no idea where he passed the ball. still, i saw some glimpses of a solid holding mid, and some well-timed tackles too. yes, rabiot played like a rookie, but he's literally a rookie for us, so no surprises here. i'm just saying that he wasn't all but hopeless. he got his shit together for the second half, and despite not playing a full 90 minutes since forever, his stamina was okay too. bad, but not hopelessly bad match overall.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
yeah, his positioning sucked indeed. besides szczesny, he was to blame for the first goal, iirc i even wrote it in the live thread. and i also think that he's rusty af, especially in the way he thinks. as @JCK said, sometimes he had no idea where he passed the ball. still, i saw some glimpses of a solid holding mid, and some well-timed tackles too. yes, rabiot played like a rookie, but he's literally a rookie for us, so no surprises here. i'm just saying that he wasn't all but hopeless. he got his shit together for the second half, and despite not playing a full 90 minutes since forever, his stamina was okay too. bad, but not hopelessly bad match overall.
Tbh, I really-really liked the way we played yesterday, haven't been so hopeful about a team for a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)