[SERIE A] Bologna vs JUVENTUS (10/29/08) (37 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Like Alen also said, playing knezevic is really dangerous and it's like we're gambling, but we had no other option, he did couple of stupid immature mistakes at the end could have costed us the match.
It's like a little bit of Livorno brought in the Juve defensive line... :shifty:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Thanks everyone and special thanks to Tiago for not disappointing us. Great win. Congrats.

Here we go:

Udine 20
Napoli 20
Milan 19
Inter 18
Fiorentina 17
Lazio 16
Genoa 16
Catania 15
Juve 15
To think that a few weeks ago Ancelotti looked like he was ready to be buttered, sauteed, and put on a Berlusconi pizza.

Milan's return to form has been nothing short of sudden and dramatic, IMO.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
..again we lose it in the last 15 minutes. Maninger's save could have been their equalizer.
This time it was expected.
Sissoko was replaced with the fragile Ekdal while Tiago had no strenght anymore. It was expected to lose the midfield.
I was sure we'll concede another goal :frown:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Playing with fire again I see. Although I suppose it's a good win considering the personnel we had available and how we took the field. Bologna only looked impressive once they started to attack considering they were down by two goals, and they didn't look very convincing defensively as Nedved and company were able to open up all sorts of holes... not by incisive team skills but simply by their own skill with the ball. It only took a few moves of Nedved magic to exploit Bologna's atrocious defending, so when Pavel can dribble your whole defense you know you stink because that's not what he excels at.

But apart from those moments of brilliance by individuals, the team as whole still doesn't look good going forward, which we will just have to deal with all season. With all the possession we have it just simply doesn't amount to anything. The lackluster fluidity as a team is apparently just within our recent chemical makeup. Thank goodness players such as Nedved, Del Piero and Amauri step up for us because their individual talent is what grabs us the goals.

Lastly, it only takes one bonehead mistake to screw up a match, and we know the suspects in that case.

Manninger - Solid once again. Couldn't do anything about the goal. 6.5

Mellberg - Thought he did fine. Looked good with the ball and looked a bit better defensively. 6

Knezevic - Isn't worth anything unless you're an MLS side. I wouldn't even take him on my national team because he's not an upgrade to Bocanegra. 5

Chiellini - Looked shaky in the second half and made more mistakes than usual. 5.5

Molinaro - Back to his bonehead self. Just like last year when he had a "good match" or two and people got excited, he then showed his true ability again which is next to squat. 4.5

Marchionni - Useless player who squanders chances. Might as well just place one of those automated clowns you see at mini-golf courses who try to stop your put in the final hole for a free game. 4 (that's three matches in a row for him where he's received under a 5)

Sissoko - Decent game. We didn't have control of the midfield once he was subbed. 6

Tiago - Apart from one mistake at the back (miskick) he was good I thought. Got stuck in a little, too. 6

Nedved - By far his best performance this season. He won the game for us for sure. Grande Pavel. :touched: 8

Amauri - Off game but every striker has those. 5.5

Iaquinta - Okay but he also squanders chances. 6

Giovinco - Couldn't really get into the game but should start over Clownionni. 5.5

Ekdal - Not enough to judge I don't think.

Camoranesi - Same as above.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #379
    Hey, happy your old avatar. For me, this pic is you and you are this pic :D

He seriously is our best defender beside Chiellini.
    And they're both one of the best in Serie A. Probably the best partnership out there in the league.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    It would certainly be over if a couple teams were very friggin' good. But everybody seems to be stumbling along the way except for Napoli and Udinese who look impressive.
    that's the beauty of Serie A...there are so many competitive teams out there, having a clear leader of the pack is pretty hard to decide...this season we've got Genoa Lazio Fiorentina Udinese Napoli and Sampdoria giving the top 4 a tough time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)