[Serie A] Bologna 0-2 Juventus [December 18th, 2021] (3 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
That, my friend, is pure bullshit. Slap in the face is just another name for a healthy loss, which doesn’t exist. We got Locatelli with last year’s CL money and with this year’s we hopefully can get more competent players.
seriously I can’t believe I’m arguing that more money is better.
We would've gotten Locatelli anyway. If CL made so much difference we would've paid his transfer fee right away.

But if we were in EL this year Ronaldo for sure would've left earlier, and some of this other deadwood might've accepted lower wages at clubs in CL and we would be in a healthier position now.

And I am not arguing money isn't better in terms of getting better players, but no CL would mean accepting that you failed finally, looking at yourself and going for bigger changes. We squeaked by, thought 'oh it's just the coach that is the problem' and went about it in the same way. A reset bigger than the 2010 is needed.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That, my friend, is pure bullshit. Slap in the face is just another name for a healthy loss, which doesn’t exist. We got Locatelli with last year’s CL money and with this year’s we hopefully can get more competent players.
seriously I can’t believe I’m arguing that more money is better.
Of course getting in CL is better for our finances. But people need to stop acting like we’re doomed to be eternally midtable if we miss it. What @IlCapitano is trying to say I believe, is that we need to stop pretending we’re just reloading, finding the final piece to take an already top squad over the final hurdle. We’re now miles away from that. Ronaldo was the last failed hurrah there. Was it a worthwhile gamble? In hindsight, obviously no. But perhaps if everyone had stayed healthy, Chiellini and Mandzukic and Dybala, etc. Players like Pjanic and Khedira and Sandro didn’t enter such steep declines, maybe we win that 2018-19 CL title and it all seems worthwhile. Obviously didn’t work out that way, but one can see the reasons behind the gamble. But it was a gamble and now we’re seeing an unbalanced, mediocre team filled with overpaid, overrated players. We need to go into full rebuild mode. If we miss out on CL for a year, maybe that will force us to be a little wiser with how we spend money, I don’t know. Look at Inter with Beppe. Milan now. Napoli even missing out last year but still made smart purchases.

Would I prefer making CL, obviously. It would be shit missing out. But a rebuild is required and either way we need to start being smarter on the market again

Jun 16, 2020
So 400 million capital injection from exorr is for what? Really sorry state of affairs at Juve.
Covering covid losses. A small part is to improve the squad.

Agnelli said that our finances should be fine even without CL. Not reaching CL would mean ~70m less revenues, so ultimately a significant amount less to spend. Having that said, since 2019 we lowered the wage bill by 100m and there’s still a lot of room to improve and the finances within football are getting better so selling will be easier.

Its really why I’m so eager to cut as much as possible within the squad.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...If CL made so much difference we would've paid his transfer fee right away...
last season's loss was more than 200m euros. that's more than the whole budget of the majority of the serie a teams.

we couldn't pay for any transfer, and the capital raise wasn't approved by the stockholders either. i guess not everyone realizes that juventus post-covid and post-paratici is closer to a barca level of borderline bankrupt club than the financially healthy juve we usually know.

Jun 16, 2020
last season's loss was more than 200m euros. that's more than the whole budget of the majority of the serie a teams.

we couldn't pay for any transfer, and the capital raise wasn't approved by the stockholders either. i guess not everyone realizes that juventus post-covid and post-paratici is closer to a barca level of borderline bankrupt club than the financially healthy juve we usually know.
Do we have a overview of the revenues over the past 4 years? We should make conclusions with the new, lowered wage budget. We’ve been cutting so much that it seems likely to me that not reaching CL for a year wouldn’t necessarily kill us.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Do we have a overview of the revenues over the past 4 years? We should make conclusions with the new, lowered wage budget. We’ve been cutting so much that it seems likely to me that not reaching CL for a year wouldn’t necessarily kill us.
it wouldn't kill us, but we can't afford to let those ~50m go (that's the amount we'd get even if we lost most of our matches), not to mention the gate receipts.

the wage bill and the amortization has to be reduced regardless, and the club knows that. do you think anyone needs a wakeup call after these last 1,5 seasons?

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #27
    What if we don't make CL then our players who think that they are CL level would wsnt leave?

Bentancur, Rabiot and Alex Sandro in particular.

Jun 16, 2020
    it wouldn't kill us, but we can't afford to let those ~50m go (that's the amount we'd get even if we lost most of our matches), not to mention the gate receipts.

the wage bill and the amortization has to be reduced regardless, and the club knows that. do you think anyone needs a wakeup call after these last 1,5 seasons?
    Im not talking about a wake up call.

For me it’s about understanding if it would stun us financially as I’m already accepting the hypothesis of not reaching CL.

It would be a undeniable blow, of course.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    What if we don't make CL then our players who think that they are CL level would wsnt leave?

Bentancur, Rabiot and Alex Sandro in particular.
    i'm not worried about their pride and motivation. if they had any they wouldn't play like shit week in, week out.

i also think that sandro will leave next summer anyway, and rabiot is most certainly on the market. bentancur is cheap as fuck, and there's that boca clause too, so i don't mind him staying. but if we can sell him in a package with rugani then i'm fine with that too.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
    May 3, 2012
    We would've gotten Locatelli anyway. If CL made so much difference we would've paid his transfer fee right away.

But if we were in EL this year Ronaldo for sure would've left earlier, and some of this other deadwood might've accepted lower wages at clubs in CL and we would be in a healthier position now.

And I am not arguing money isn't better in terms of getting better players, but no CL would mean accepting that you failed finally, looking at yourself and going for bigger changes. We squeaked by, thought 'oh it's just the coach that is the problem' and went about it in the same way. A reset bigger than the 2010 is needed.
    I expect corporate guys to realize we failed much earlier. Watching this miserable lot is on the receiving end of the worst loss since pre-calciopoli, off the field legal issues and unsellable players should tip them off long before missing on 4th spot.
    But fwiw I kind of get what you’re saying. Missing on 4th is not the end. But it’s a massive setback imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course getting in CL is better for our finances. But people need to stop acting like we’re doomed to be eternally midtable if we miss it. What @IlCapitano is trying to say I believe, is that we need to stop pretending we’re just reloading, finding the final piece to take an already top squad over the final hurdle. We’re now miles away from that. Ronaldo was the last failed hurrah there. Was it a worthwhile gamble? In hindsight, obviously no. But perhaps if everyone had stayed healthy, Chiellini and Mandzukic and Dybala, etc. Players like Pjanic and Khedira and Sandro didn’t enter such steep declines, maybe we win that 2018-19 CL title and it all seems worthwhile. Obviously didn’t work out that way, but one can see the reasons behind the gamble. But it was a gamble and now we’re seeing an unbalanced, mediocre team filled with overpaid, overrated players. We need to go into full rebuild mode. If we miss out on CL for a year, maybe that will force us to be a little wiser with how we spend money, I don’t know. Look at Inter with Beppe. Milan now. Napoli even missing out last year but still made smart purchases.

Would I prefer making CL, obviously. It would be shit missing out. But a rebuild is required and either way we need to start being smarter on the market again
    Rebuild is very much required and is underway anyway. Nobody can survive paying 5m+ salaries to likes of Alex Sandro, Rabiot, Ramsey, and Arthur.

Snobist

DareDevil
    Apr 16, 2017
    What a missed opportunity was not getting 3 points against Venezia. Both Milan and Napoli didnt win we would have gotten closer to 4th place. We only have ourselves to blame. I guess players got carried away with 1st chl place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)