[Serie A] Bari 3-1 JUVENTUS (December 12th, 2009) (15 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
But those are the ONLY two games where we scored a lot, with any formation. :shifty:

And I wouldn't underrate the 5:2 win only because it was against a mediocre opponent. We played many mediocre opponents this year and we hardly scored 1 goal on those matches (1 against Chievo, 1 against Bologna, 1 against Siena).

Our problems lie in every single part of the team. The defense concedes anyway, especially now without Sissoko and Chiellini, so if we can't defend we should at least try to score more and the matches we played so far prove that we create more when we play 4-2-3-1.

It's true that this 4-2-3-1 formation doesn't work sometimes and it's true that on some matches we need 2 players in the box. But it's also painfully true, as Osman already mentioned, that most of the times when we played 2 strikers they found themselves completely isolated because there wasn't enough creativit behind them.
That's why Ciro should decide what's the best formation against Bari (here he should consider the form of our players, the tactics Bari use etc).

I know that you want Del Piero to play, and it will be great if he plays, finds his form and starts scoring, but right now i'm really not sure if we should sacrifice the formation which gave us our best matches and results, just so Ale would play.
We played 4-2-3-1 against Bordeaux and Napoli too, as we've had good displays playing 4-3-1-2 as well. It's not like we've switched back to 4-3-1-2 despite it being useful and prolific only to let Ale get his form back.

Buy on AliExpress.com

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008
Isn't it a bit early to start talking about a loser mentality though? Let's hope so at least.

And even if the writer does have some points, no self respecting journalist would publish such a badly written piece.
But do you see us having a winning mentality?
It's all oh well they are strong, we will do our best and not we are Juve, we will do it.
Bayern for example used to have this Mia san mia!-feeling, we are Bayern, we buy the good players from the other teams and rape them and we win everything.
We should have this too at least we used to have it. Teams had respect when they had to play Juve. Now it's more hey Juve we'll get points there!
The same happened to Bayern in the last year, the other Teams didn't respect and fear them anymore. And now after their game against us they got it back, they so wanted to win this while we were just sleeping. I know tactics and Ciro but I don't saw any of our players fighting for their team.
Same goes to everyone in the club, it feels like it's ok to lose matches. But it's not when you want to be back on top. It's not enough when your name is Juventus. The spirit is gone.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We played 4-2-3-1 against Bordeaux and Napoli too, as we've had good displays playing 4-3-1-2 as well. It's not like we've switched back to 4-3-1-2 despite it being useful and prolific only to let Ale get his form back.
Against Bordeaux we didn't have the right personal for 4-2-3-1. We played Del Piero as a winger. (Now that you mentioned it, Ferrara's incapability was perfectly shown on this match. He didn't want to change the winning formation but he simply had to find space for Del Piero).
Against Napoli we at least scored 2 goals and we weren't losing until we changed the formation to 4-3-1-2.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Against Bordeaux we didn't have the right personal for 4-2-3-1. We played Del Piero as a winger. (Now that you mentioned it, Ferrara's incapability was perfectly shown on this match. He didn't want to change the winning formation but he simply had to find space for Del Piero).
He should have changed the formation to 4-3-1-2 to suit the players who were going to be fielded. That simply shows his incapability, I concur.

Against Napoli we at least scored 2 goals and we weren't losing until we changed the formation to 4-3-1-2.
Ah yes, that's a big achievement :touched: I'm really honest saying that.

No coach is going to risk his job, his popularity and his image only to satisfy a particular player. When are you guys going to figure this out? :D

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
4-2-3-1 is the best option. In the 4-3-1-2 players like Melo and Sissoko need to become offensive and try to be creative which isn't what they are good at. In 4-2-3-1, they could do what they are good at which is hustle the opponents midfielders and acting as defensive midfielders only.

Ciro is a coward, he put Giovinco on the bench and played Del Piero as soon as he got back, first he put him as a winger but that obviously didn't work out and the formation wasn't the same. Then he switched back to the 4-3-1-2 so he could use Del Piero at his best position. Players like Melo, Sissoko, Diego and Camoranesi went back to playing in a formation they don't feel comfortable in and Grosso and Caceres had to own their whole flank and they are no Maicon or Dani Alves, they are not good enough for that.

We had something good going on with the 4-2-3-1 and as Alen said we scored 13 goals with that formation. Too bad Ciro didn't have the balls to bench Del Piero and give the 4-2-3-1 a fair chance. Since Ciro started playing Del Piero and benched Giovinco we've played 4 games, lost 3 and scored only 2 goals. Awful by Ciro, and the fucked up thing is that we are probably going to play that stupid 4-3-1-2 tomorrow again.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
4-2-3-1 is the best option. In the 4-3-1-2 players like Melo and Sissoko need to become offensive and try to be creative which isn't what they are good at. In 4-2-3-1, they could do what they are good at which is hustle the opponents midfielders and acting as defensive midfielders only.

Ciro is a coward, he put Giovinco on the bench and played Del Piero as soon as he got back, first he put him as a winger but that obviously didn't work out and the formation wasn't the same. Then he switched back to the 4-3-1-2 so he could use Del Piero at his best position. Players like Melo, Sissoko, Diego and Camoranesi went back to playing in a formation they don't feel comfortable in and Grosso and Caceres had to own their whole flank and they are no Maicon or Dani Alves, they are not good enough for that.

We had something good going on with the 4-2-3-1 and as Alen said we scored 13 goals with that formation. Too bad Ciro didn't have the balls to bench Del Piero and give the 4-2-3-1 a fair chance. Since Ciro started playing Del Piero and benched Giovinco we've played 4 games, lost 3 and scored only 2 goals. Awful by Ciro, and the fucked up thing is that we are probably going to play that stupid 4-3-1-2 tomorrow again.
Yes, he benched our best player of the season, Giomessi, someone who's been impressing us since the first day of the season only to prepare everything for one single player. We were leading the table before Ciro showed how gutless he is but he risked everything, including his job, only to fulfill one player's wishes. This is why we were destroyed by Bayern. Had we continued playing with 4-2-3-1 with Giomessi as the left winger, not only would we have still been topping the league, but we also would have beaten Bayern by 4 goals. What a moron Ciro is :disagree:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
He should have changed the formation to 4-3-1-2 to suit the players who were going to be fielded.
He should have, absolutely. But he didn't.
Why didn't he do it?

Probably because he wanted to keep the formation (4-2-3-1) which resulted with 12 scored goals in the previous 3 serie A games.

But if he wanted to keep the same formation, why did he take out one of the main strengths in that formation (Giovinco) and played Del Piero on the wing?

I was shocked and I have absolutely no explanation why did he do it. He should have either played 4-3-1-2 with the players he fielded, or he should have started with Giovinco instead of Del Piero.

Suns thinks Ciro did it just so he could find place for Del Piero. I wonder what do you think.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Why didn't he do it?

Probably because he wanted to keep the formation (4-2-1-3) which resulted with 12 scored goals in the previous 3 serie A games.

But if he wanted to keep the same formation, why did he take out one of the main strengths in that formation (Giovinco) and played Del Piero on the wing?

I was shocked and I have absolutely no explanation why did he do it. He should have either played 4-3-1-2 with the players he fielded, or he should have started with Giovinco instead of Del Piero.

Suns thinks Ciro did it just so he could find place for Del Piero. I wonder what do you think.
and tell her Snoop was happy to see her again, but she ignored that post :lazy:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Why didn't he do it?

Probably because he wanted to keep the formation (4-2-1-3) which resulted with 12 scored goals in the previous 3 serie A games.

Ciro was wrong, I've never said he wasn't. But we need to take many things into consideration talking about that match. We went there to get a draw which had absolutely no difference for us from losing the game but it was too clear than we either weren't there to attack and to win or we were just too weak to do that. I think Ciro had an eye for Alex set pieces, mainly freekicks, in that game because he probably knew that it could have been our only hope to open Bordeaux's net.

It should have been 4-3-1-2 with Ale or 4-2-3-1 with Gio and Ciro mixed them which was a wrong decision but you people claiming that he did that all only to make space for Ale is bullshit. Ale's always stated that he doesn't want to play as the winger so you tell me, if it was all up to him, why didn't he ask Ciro to start with a formation which is more suitable for him? I'm happy there's always Del Piero for you guys to blame everything on even if it's clearly Ciro's inexperience not him being inclined to play Ale, no matter what.

Suns is wrong. This is what I think.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I think Ciro had an eye for Alex set pieces, mainly freekicks, in that game because he probably knew that it could have been our only hope to open Bordeaux's net.
So I was right that he simply had to find space for Del Piero.
Irrelevant for what reason. I also don't think that he was forced by someone to field Del Piero. But to play Del Piero in a position Del Piero hates, means that Ciro thought that Del Piero must play (and probably due to what you mentioned, the free kicks).

but you people claiming that he did that all only to make space for Ale is bullshit. Ale's always stated that he doesn't want to play as the winger so you tell me, if it was all up to him, why didn't he ask Ciro to start with a formation which is more suitable for him? I'm happy there's always Del Piero for you guys to blame everything on even if it's clearly Ciro's inexperience not him being inclined to play Ale, no matter what.
Don't invent "enemies" now. There is no "you people". Suns was the only one who said what you blame the "you people" for.

And what's with the Giomessi nickname?

I always knew that the time will come when people will separate themselves in Del Piero fans and Giovinco fans and they'll start blaming the other player for everything and start inventing nicknames. :lol:

It's Giovinco and Del Piero. They play for Juve, they both love each other (Alex is Giovinco's idol), so stop with the nicknames.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Yes, he benched our best player of the season, Giomessi, someone who's been impressing us since the first day of the season only to prepare everything for one single player. We were leading the table before Ciro showed how gutless he is but he risked everything, including his job, only to fulfill one player's wishes. This is why we were destroyed by Bayern. Had we continued playing with 4-2-3-1 with Giomessi as the left winger, not only would we have still been topping the league, but we also would have beaten Bayern by 4 goals. What a moron Ciro is :disagree:
What are you talking about? He tried everything to accommodate Del Piero. Benching Giovinco, played him on a position he shouldn't play and then totally changed the formation.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
So I was right that he simply had to find space for Del Piero.
Irrelevant for what reason. I also don't think that he was forced by someone to field Del Piero. But to play Del Piero in a position Del Piero hates, means that Ciro thought that Del Piero must play (and probably due to what you mentioned, the free kicks).
Not because Ale must play at any case but because Ciro thought that it would be better for the team, even though he was probably wrong.

And what's with the Giomessi nickname?
What's wrong with it? I'm sure if Gio improves as time passes by, our fans will start to calling him like that.

I always knew that the time will come when people will separate themselves in Del Piero fans and Giovinco fans and they'll start blaming the other player for everything and start inventing nicknames. :lol:
I'm an avid supporter of Giovinco and I also don't blame anything on him.

It's Giovinco and Del Piero. They play for Juve, they both love each other (Alex is Giovinco's idol), so stop with the nicknames.
That nickname is cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)