[Serie A] Bari 3-1 JUVENTUS (December 12th, 2009) (11 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
4-4-2 with some creativity wouldn't hurt. This way all players will be close to each others. The other formations aren't helping much and maybe we can try it next year, we are isolating ourselves with the 4-3-1-2, 4-3-2-1 etc...

I think Diego can easily adapt to 4-4-2, I don't believe that there's a player born to be Trequista and nothing else. He's already spending or playing most of the 90min in the middle trying to recover the ball. He can easily do it in a 4-4-2.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I am willing to play that mainly because it makes Diego better, and because the amount of strikers you play doesnt matter when they are largely out of form and the team and midfield is too uncreative/immobile in current form with that formation.

If they are in better form, then it makes better sense to mainly play 2 up.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
I think the formation is not the real problem, in fact the problem lies with some mentality of the players. They don't know how to execute, or the coach not telling them how to do it.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its not or, its defenitely the coach. He tells them something yeah, its simply just not something that works. Thats why there is a murmur of the players not understanding his tactics at all. Its like they havent gotten other coaches tactics in their career, it pretty much signals its about Ciro and is tactics, or lack of it.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
It has some point, especially what he says about the "loser mentality".
Isn't it a bit early to start talking about a loser mentality though? Let's hope so at least.

And even if the writer does have some points, no self respecting journalist would publish such a badly written piece.

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
1 Buffon
2 Caceres
5 Cannavaro
6 Grosso
7 Salihamidzic
8 Marchisio
10 Del Piero
11 Amauri
12 Chimenti
13 Manninger
15 Zebina
16 Camoranesi
17 Trezeguet
18 Poulsen
19 Molinaro
20 Giovinco
21 Grygera
28 Diego
29 De Ceglie
30 Tiago
33 Legrottaglie
39 Marrone

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
1 Buffon
2 Caceres
5 Cannavaro
6 Grosso
7 Salihamidzic
8 Marchisio
10 Del Piero
11 Amauri
12 Chimenti
13 Manninger
15 Zebina
16 Camoranesi
17 Trezeguet
18 Poulsen
19 Molinaro
20 Giovinco
21 Grygera
28 Diego
29 De Ceglie
30 Tiago
33 Legrottaglie
39 Marrone
The joker is back? Thats comforting news.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
IMO, Buffon should go under the knife already. No need for him to risk worsening his injury in these couple of games. In Manninger we trust.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
We scored more in games with one striker than with two.
And we did concede alot in them as well. The team doesn't look and move right.

The only two games we did score alot with one striker were the 5-1 and 5-2 victories. And 5-2 one was played against a mediocre team where it was 3-2 till the last moments of the game.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #155
    Gigi will go under the knife on Sunday. That's what I read the other day.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    The only two games we did score alot with one striker were the 5-1 and 5-2 victories. And 5-2 one was played against a mediocre team where it was 3-2 till the last moments of the game.
    But those are the ONLY two games where we scored a lot, with any formation. :shifty:

And I wouldn't underrate the 5:2 win only because it was against a mediocre opponent. We played many mediocre opponents this year and we hardly scored 1 goal on those matches (1 against Chievo, 1 against Bologna, 1 against Siena).

Our problems lie in every single part of the team. The defense concedes anyway, especially now without Sissoko and Chiellini, so if we can't defend we should at least try to score more and the matches we played so far prove that we create more when we play 4-2-3-1.

It's true that this 4-2-3-1 formation doesn't work sometimes and it's true that on some matches we need 2 players in the box. But it's also painfully true, as Osman already mentioned, that most of the times when we played 2 strikers they found themselves completely isolated because there wasn't enough creativit behind them.
    That's why Ciro should decide what's the best formation against Bari (here he should consider the form of our players, the tactics Bari use etc).

I know that you want Del Piero to play, and it will be great if he plays, finds his form and starts scoring, but right now i'm really not sure if we should sacrifice the formation which gave us our best matches and results, just so Ale would play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)