Serie A: Atalanta vs Juventus [April 20 , 2008] (1 Viewer)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Maxi wont leave Atletico especially if they qualify for the CL.

But I would love to have Lampard here. I dont see why he's so disliked on this forum. A Sissoko-Lampard duo would work really well IMO. If his wages aren't too high I would gladly welcome him at Juve.
I think there are much better players out there.

His wages are around 7.2mln euros I think and I`d only sign him if he accept 3.5 per year.I don`t think he deserves more.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
I think there are much better players out there.

His wages are around 7.2mln euros I think and I`d only sign him if he accept 3.5 per year.I don`t think he deserves more.
Sure, but I think Lampard is out of our reach let alone the players better then him. He is among the best central midfielders in Europe.

Sorry for going off-topic :p

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
Well I wouldn`t mind him since I like him as player but I highly doubt we`ll do that.

And if we`re going to get rid of him I`d swap him for Maxi.

I think we`ll sign either Lampard or Flamini even though I wouldn`t take any of them.
I would love that, put that is just a dream. Atletico would never trade Maxi for Tiago. Actually, Maxi said days ago to the media that he wants to retire there or he wants to play for a long time at Atletico, not sure, but the point is he wants to stay in Madrid.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
FYI, Maxi is a right winger, and inferior to Camo in everyway but shooting. Where would you play him?

And Flamini would be very useful upgrade for our midfield. Much more so then the quite obviously useless Tiago as we already seen enough of.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
I was thinking the same but I`m not so sure now.

Let`s just say we`d have 4 of them.Flamini,Sissoko,Zanetti and Marchisio (I guess we`re going to sell/loan out Tiago and Nocerino.

We would play Serie A,Champions League and Coppa Italia.Our players will probably pick more injuries then this year and plus Zanetti is injury prone and getting old.Same goes for suspensions.Now,imagine we have 3 of them and at the start of the season someone get hard injury like Totti got that one yesterday.We`d have 2 players left and it would be hard for them to keep up the tempo and plus not to mention they could get suspension.Yeah,we could use Camo there but we don`t have any other quality winger to replace him on the right.

Of course,maybe our staff is planing to keep Nocerino and then we would not need that position but I don`t think it would be something smart to do.
Judging by our transfer targets it'd make sense if Ranieri were planning to field a 3 man midfield.. I think a Flamini, Sissoko, Camoranesi CM partnership would be ideal if this were to happen but i prefer a more lateral formation with wingers, whether or not it'd be more successful I dont really know

Jun 13, 2007
After this game I am thinking - where the hell are we going in the transfer market. We have 2 magicians in front, Iaquinta is always motivated on the bench, Palladino made a good impression - he is not that arrogant kid he used to be....
Middle of the park: Man EVERYONE, I repeat EVERYONE playing there was perfect. The Fact that Neddy was not the best this game tells it all. Nocerino must stay. Zanetti as well. Tiago too... everyone as I said is great.
Defense - these guys are only getting better. Stendardo was great as well- not a single wrong touch. Not ultra-class, but as Ranieri described it compact on the field.

I cannot believe what we have achieved today. We are back on track - might be a little early and I might be overwhelmed with emotions - but that is football, I guess and I am saying it AGAIN:
THIS IS THE JUVENTUS I WANT TO SEE. WE DON'T NEED MEDIUM QUALITY BACKUPS. WE NEED TO BUILD ONLY WITH OTHER GREAT CHAMPIONS, BECAUSE EVERYTHING ELSE IS AN OFFENCE TO THE PLAYERS WE ALREADY GOT.
Yes , the whole team has been great lately but did you forget the endless flaws we have in nearly every department ?

- Molinaro plays his heart out every single game and has made a substantial improvement from the start of the season . However , he is not good enough . If we want to be on top of europe , we need to get the best players in Europe . We had Zambrotta in that position who excellent for us , now we need someone like him . I think we should get Evra if we had the slightest of chances as he is in my opionion , one of the best leftbacks at the moment .

- Chiellini , Legro , and Stendardo have been great . I think we have a decent backline not to mention Anadrade has been injured most of the season . If we fail to keep Stendardo , we would a CB replcement .

- Nocerino seems to play well when the opposition is down and out , he isn't the type of player you could depend on when we play against the big teams . He's a good backup , I think we should keep him though a player like Flamini would be great .

- Tiago is not good enough . I'm sorry , he just isn't . He has had his few moments with Juve but just didn't live up to the expectations . I think he needs to go sadly . He's been given his chances and he has demonstated that he isn't compleetly shit but he isn't that good either . We can still make some good cash off of him if we sell him now .

- Our offense could use a world class sigining . Alex and Trez can no longer play a whole season without rest . Iaquinta is good but not starting 11 material . We need more skill and creativity upfront besides Alex . Amauri might be good enough .

- Personally , I think Giovinco can take Nedved's place but in case he isn't ready yet , we should buy a world class replacement for Neddy . I think next year will be Nedved's last year with us so I think by the end of this summer we need Giovinco + replacement so we could be sure that Nedved's eventual absense can be covered .

We have gaps in our team and we do need to make the most of this summer's transfer market . I think we should buy great talents , not necassarilly big names .

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
Poker of goals earns place among Champions

Less than a step left. One single point to earn in the last four games and Juventus will be in the Champions League. In Bergamo, Ranieri's team took care of Atalanta in the best possible way, winning 4-0 thanks to a Del Piero hat trick and the opening goal by Legrottaglie.

The week dubbed decisive by Ranieri in the end proved to be just that. Three games in eight days (against AC Milan, Parma and Atalanta), nine points, ten goals scored, with as many as seven scored in the first half, proving that those who said Juve only show their real face in the second half were wrong.

On a Sunday dominated by Del Piero (who got another three goals and now has 17 in the League, one less than Trezeguet), the only less-than-brilliant news came from Genoa, where Sampdoria beat Udinese, not allowing the Bianconeri to have mathematical certainty of qualification yet.

But it really is just a matter of time. Juve can close the deal next Sunday in front of their fans, when they face Lazio.

TIM 2007/08 Serie A - Day 34
Bergamo, Atleti Azzurri d’Italia Stadium. Sunday April 20 2008, 3 pm

ATALANTA-JUVENTUS 0-4 (0-3)
GOALS: Legrottaglie 1 min, 6’ pt, Del Piero 6, 34 and 64 mins.
ATALANTA: Coppola; Rivalta, Carrozzieri, Manfredini, Bellini; Ferreira Pinto, Tissone, Guarente (De Ascentis 71 mins), Langella (Padoin 46 mins); Paolucci (Marconi 46 mins), Floccari. Subs not used: Ivan, Belleri, Pellegrino, Inzaghi. Manager: Del Neri.
JUVENTUS: Buffon; Grygera, Legrottaglie, Stendardo, Molinaro; Camoranesi (Marchionni 71 mins), Nocerino, Zanetti (Tiago 61 mins), Nedved; Del Piero (Palladino 77 mins), Trezeguet. Subs not used: Belardi, Birindelli, Zebina, Salihamidzic. Manager: Ranieri.
REFEREE: Trefoloni from Siena.
YELLOW CARDS: Langella 5 mins, Molinaro 19 mins, Bellini 64 mins, Carrozzieri 77 mins, Legrottaglie 88 mins.

juventus.com
------------------------

Hmmmm .. I think we all dismissed Sampadoria, huh .. they can win all their games and us losing all ours .. which would lead us to lose CL qualification for them ..

anyway we are looking on second now right? so it wouldn't matter that much .. a point, as the article says, seals it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)