[SERIE A] Atalanta vs JUVENTUS (12/21/08) (7 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Manninger

• Mellberg

• Legro

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Marchisio

• Marchionni

• Sissoko

• Amauri

• Del Piero

• De Ceglie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Can't comment about the Capello days, wasn't a member in those days...and I think the polls you are referring to was when we had our crappy start to the campaign, right? It is understandable, people were pretty PO'ed at that point

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
:tup:

Very similar to my views of the Aberdeen coach. He's done OK, but I don't rate him at all and would happily get rid of him at the first opportunity.

Generally on this debate, what's the point in it? Almost everyone has stated what they think (repeatedly in many cases) and no-one is going to change their position based on the views of the other side.

It's boring and repetitive.
It's a simple fact that many people don't get satisfaction out of their lives. They log in here and pretend to "own" people over silly issues. Basically, if you say something contrary from the herd in this place you have to be told you're an idiot by a bunch of jokers who can't even come up with their own replies because they are just repeating something witty they saw posted months ago. It might be acceptable if there was a bit of originality in the dialogue, less personal attacks, and maybe a switch-a-roo with the subject matter every once in a while. Italian blood, Ranieri v. Ruineri, religion, and "Juve material" get old fast.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I disagree, i'm afraid.
Many thought Amauri wasn't good enough and almost everyone thought that he's not great.
Should we still stick to that opinion we had back in July?

We realized that we were wrong (not me though, i always thought he was great :eyebrows:) and now we changed our mind.

That poll you're talking about was opened in a very tough time for Juve. We voted in affect. It happened at the beginning of the season, we weren't satisfied with the summer mercato and we thought that Ranieri and the board fucked up smthg in the summer and ruined our season. Time has shown to us that we were wrong, that it was just a short period of crisis and that Ranieri and the players are strong enough to make a strong comeback. After all we won 9 out of the last 10 matches in serie A and we won the CL group without a defeat after the crisis.

Now even if we fail to win on 2 or 3 straight matches i can guarantee you that you won't see the same reactions you saw in October because now we know that this team actually IS good.

Sticking to your own opinion, not admitting that you're wrong, keep saying that the white is black.....that's stubborness, it's not "having a real opinion" as you call it.
I think you''re forgetting one very important thing here Alen. No one is required to think a certain way or hold a specific opinion. It's simply not in the forum rules. Just because the team is doing well doesn't mean every fan on this site is required to like the coach or even give the coach praise. Just cause you or others want to admit that you were "wrong" doesn't mean Andy and Vin have to.

You talk about "real opinion" but the truth is that there is very little "real opinion" in this place. It's not hard to spot the cutouts replying with perfect replications of a couple of moderator's posts. But really, that doesn't matter. You all should just "get along", as corny as that sounds, instead of acting all tamponian and belittling each other just to "prove a point".

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
It's a simple fact that many people don't get satisfaction out of their lives. They log in here and pretend to "own" people over silly issues. Basically, if you say something contrary from the herd in this place you have to be told you're an idiot by a bunch of jokers who can't even come up with their own replies because they are just repeating something witty they saw posted months ago. It might be acceptable if there was a bit of originality in the dialogue, less personal attacks, and maybe a switch-a-roo with the subject matter every once in a while. Italian blood, Ranieri v. Ruineri, religion, and "Juve material" get old fast.
I think you''re forgetting one very important thing here Alen. No one is required to think a certain way or hold a specific opinion. It's simply not in the forum rules. Just because the team is doing well doesn't mean every fan on this site is required to like the coach or even give the coach praise. Just cause you or others want to admit that you were "wrong" doesn't mean Andy and Vin have to.

You talk about "real opinion" but the truth is that there is very little "real opinion" in this place. It's not hard to spot the cutouts replying with perfect replications of a couple of moderator's posts. But really, that doesn't matter. You all should just "get along", as corny as that sounds, instead of acting all tamponian and belittling each other just to "prove a point".
2 very excellent posts Aaron

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I think you''re forgetting one very important thing here Alen. No one is required to think a certain way or hold a specific opinion. It's simply not in the forum rules.
Absolutely. Now read Andy's post. He actually requires from people to hold their opinion.

Just because the team is doing well doesn't mean every fan on this site is required to like the coach or even give the coach praise.
Sure. I never asked someone to do it.

Just cause you or others want to admit that you were "wrong" doesn't mean Andy and Vin have to.
Yes. Now read Andy's post again. He calls those who admit being wrong "Sheep".

You talk about "real opinion" but the truth is that there is very little "real opinion" in this place.
Absolutely. Now, in case you still didn't do it, read Andy's post. He's the one talking about real opinion.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I disagree, i'm afraid.
Many thought Amauri wasn't good enough and almost everyone thought that he's not great.
Should we still stick to that opinion we had back in July?

We realized that we were wrong (not me though, i always thought he was great :eyebrows:) and now we changed our mind.

That poll you're talking about was opened in a very tough time for Juve. We voted in affect. It happened at the beginning of the season, we weren't satisfied with the summer mercato and we thought that Ranieri and the board fucked up smthg in the summer and ruined our season. Time has shown to us that we were wrong, that it was just a short period of crisis and that Ranieri and the players are strong enough to make a strong comeback. After all we won 9 out of the last 10 matches in serie A and we won the CL group without a defeat after the crisis.

Now even if we fail to win on 2 or 3 straight matches i can guarantee you that you won't see the same reactions you saw in October because now we know that this team actually IS good.

Sticking to your own opinion, not admitting that you're wrong, keep saying that the white is black.....that's stubborness, it's not "having a real opinion" as you call it.
My philosophy does not apply to signings. Someone such as Amauri has proven that he has provided the goods in the past, unlike you KNOW whom. The way players perform depends on how players adapt to their current situation, something the manager has a part in determining. Of course you'll use Tiago as an counter-example, someone who has been berated here needlessly, especially when a clown such as Holy Moli takes the field every single day. But Tiago has proven himself at two other top clubs, so the only reasonable explanation is that some entity screwed him up here... yet no fan of this side will admit it. Big surprise. They like to hide behind the, "he wasn't good enough for the best side in Italy," or some of the other arrogant and imbecilic banter Juventus fans love to blow out of their ass. Just like the inane opinions revolving around SISSOKO.

Time has showed us that I was correct with my views, that Poulsen was a bullshit transfer and that people such as Knezevic were just a waste of time. That was my view, it seems like I'm right, so I don't know why there is a debate. The money for a DM should have been allocated for somebody else and only some moron would not agree. Name me some successful club that has three pure defensive midfielders as the only option in the center without someone who can pass, if it's such a great tactic, as proven by the results in the past 20 years of the Champions League.

So the point of my rhetoric is that no, I haven't been proven wrong on Ranieri. Why? Because he hasn't done anything for us yet. He makes decisions that are counter-intuitive, stuff that makes as much sense as me fielding a bunch of Iniestas, which are decisions that have costed us points, so I don't really see what the big deal is. History repeats itself (as you should know, being a history guru), so why people would berate me and Vinni with our criticism is nothing but inane, since the same bullshit happened under Capello.

I like you, Alen, but Jack seems to think I'm a Barca fan, so big deal. People banned me for instigating nonsense; that's okay. But what some of your colleagues pull in this place are just as against the rules, which is WHY Vinman reacts the way he does, which is WHY we have approximately four current threads with this same nonsense polluting the area.

The whole concept of forum is discussion/expression of views, yet some people want to destroy it. If so, close the forums down and be done with it. The actions some people take seem to conclude that they want that to happen.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yes. Now read Andy's post again. He calls those who admit being wrong "Sheep".

Absolutely. Now, in case you still didn't do it, read Andy's post. He's the one talking about real opinion.
No, I claim that the people who change their overall opinions are sheep, despite nothing in place to warrant it.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Next time I say that you call me a non-fan remember this post, it's one of many.

I love your language, I bet this is how you raise your daughters :malt: Just like your parents raised you.
what did your mom and dad raise, a pathetic coward who starts trouble knowing that he wont face any consequences for his behavior ??

my parents did a very good job, and you best believe that my daughters are in the best hands possible with my wife and I

my concern is for you, jacko, I hope that all the estrogen you have in your pathetic female body doesnt prevent you from having kids....

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Lets leave talk of family members out of this guys.

And estrogen in ones body, not because its so disrespectful, but its because its silly :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Listen, if i'm sometimes harsh when i reply to your posts, don't take it personally. Take it as any other disagreement you have with Burke or any other friend of yours. It's just a difference in opinion and nothing else.
I have a feeling that you think i'm taking a side in this fight that is happening in the last few days, but i'm not. It just happens that i agree with Jack regarding what's happening in Juve and i disagree with you and Vinman.

As for the fight, i don't feel comfortable to get involved because both Jack and Vinman are +5 years older than me and in many ways smarter and more mature than i am.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
As for the fight, i don't feel comfortable to get involved because both Jack and Vinman are +5 years older than me and in many ways smarter and more mature than i am.
and by even saying that (you state it as a fact, which does not have to be true) you are more mature than many here

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I don't have a problem with people posting their "opposing opinions" but when people start cussing another person out because that's the only way they can defend themselves rather than actually trying to think of a competitive response/arguement, that's when it gets out of hand and peoples true intellectual depths shine. Rather than agree to disagree things get out of hand and really inappropriate things get said. Its sad that people can't disagree with someone and on top of that when someone does disagree they are called "idiots, retards, etc". There are plenty of things that can be said and people on here should be smart enough to back up their opinions or thoughts otherwise you should either keep them to themselves or be able to take the criticism. (I am sure some will dish something out to this post)

If you are going to post something or state an opinion, at least have the balls to deal with what others say in return and on the flip side if you are responding to someones statement/opinion have the respect for the fact that everyone doesn't have to think the same way you do. But seriously, what good does it do to cuss someone out? This forum should be a medium for healthy debate and discussion. If you cant abide by simple guidelines such as being respectful to another person opinion then don't say anything at all.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #557
    I don't have a problem with people posting their "opposing opinions" but when people start cussing another person out because that's the only way they can defend themselves rather than actually trying to think of a competitive response/arguement, that's when it gets out of hand and peoples true intellectual depths shine. Rather than agree to disagree things get out of hand and really inappropriate things get said. Its sad that people can't disagree with someone and on top of that when someone does disagree they are called "idiots, retards, etc". There are plenty of things that can be said and people on here should be smart enough to back up their opinions or thoughts otherwise you should either keep them to themselves or be able to take the criticism. (I am sure some will dish something out to this post)

If you are going to post something or state an opinion, at least have the balls to deal with what others say in return and on the flip side if you are responding to someones statement/opinion have the respect for the fact that everyone doesn't have to think the same way you do. But seriously, what good does it do to cuss someone out? This forum should be a medium for healthy debate and discussion. If you cant abide by simple guidelines such as being respectful to another person opinion then don't say anything at all.
    f*ck you!

:p

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #558
    yeah come one guys! Let's all get along. When you disagree with some people just say it and that,s it. Why should we curse at each other for nothing? We're just wasting time. Let's all direct that anger at other things in particular like those damn intertristi. :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Listen, if i'm sometimes harsh when i reply to your posts, don't take it personally. Take it as any other disagreement you have with Burke or any other friend of yours. It's just a difference in opinion and nothing else.
    I have a feeling that you think i'm taking a side in this fight that is happening in the last few days, but i'm not. It just happens that i agree with Jack regarding what's happening in Juve and i disagree with you and Vinman.

Understood. :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)