[SERIE A] Atalanta vs JUVENTUS (12/21/08) (3 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Manninger

• Mellberg

• Legro

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Marchisio

• Marchionni

• Sissoko

• Amauri

• Del Piero

• De Ceglie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Absolutely. Now read Andy's post. He actually requires from people to hold their opinion.
Actually both of you do. I'm not saying one is more right or wrong than the other, but Andy isn't the one leading the mob in this case. It isn't you either, but a lot of people are repeating your opinion.

Sure. I never asked someone to do it.
Never? Are you sure about that? Like positive? And by positive I mean HIV, like serious.:D

It hardly matters. I'm not trying to prove you wrong or anything.

Yes. Now read Andy's post again. He calls those who admit being wrong "Sheep".
Once again, both of are at fault.
Absolutely. Now, in case you still didn't do it, read Andy's post. He's the one talking about real opinion.
Look Alen. I read all the posts. I replied to yours out of a matter of convenience.(last in line) So sue me. I made my point, take it or leave it I'm not offended.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
enough is enough with the nonsense.....

When one has to stoop low enough to bring families into discussions, then it becomes over the top. I have not a single thing to apologize to jack for, as he has done his fair share of creating problems with me and others here. However, i am not going to keep this nonsense going, because there are several people here who are happy with the way things are progressing with Juve, and no matter what myself, Andy, Cronios, or Denco (nice ragging on him jack, and he's not even here to defend himself) say, it wont change opinions, rather get most of you angry

If you guys are content with the way things are going with our team, then good for you. The excuse for not winning anything this year will be " were still building our team, and we'll do better next season"...but then what do you say next season, when we come up shorthanded again with this coach and management team ??

Thats how I , and a few others feel, and it shouldnt become a pissing match of who's right and wrong. Someone made mention of the fact that I wont get into it with Alen, but read his posts, he gets his point across without being a douchebag, like may others here, so why should I make things personal with him ?? (hint hint, jack...you could learn a thing or two from Alen)

For you guys who are disappointed that I didnt mention your name in the list of "real" fans :)P), well, its pretty obvious that I really dont think much of you, or even know who you are for that matter....

at the end of the day, what really counts is my kids & wife, and not what a bunch of juveniles say on an internet forum, who would never talk so ignorant face to face

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It would be pretty hilarious to see some of these imbeciles here say certain things to Vinni's face. I mean, even I don't agree with this political views, but I don't want to get my head pounded in.

The family stuff is indeed a bunch of low blows, so if the mods try to defend it, they're just a bunch of hypocrites once again. Nothing new. In reality, that has been my stance for a long while, so it doesn't matter any more. Rab was targeted unfairly while his colleagues managed to post the same nonsense. Typical of some here.

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
It would be pretty hilarious to see some of these imbeciles here say certain things to Vinni's face. I mean, even I don't agree with this political views, but I don't want to get my head pounded in.

The family stuff is indeed a bunch of low blows, so if the mods try to defend it, they're just a bunch of hypocrites once again. Nothing new. In reality, that has been my stance for a long while, so it doesn't matter any more. Rab was targeted unfairly while his colleagues managed to post the same nonsense. Typical of some here.
Andy, you're like a little brother to me...I would never pound you head in :tup:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
enough is enough with the nonsense.....

When one has to stoop low enough to bring families into discussions, then it becomes over the top. I have not a single thing to apologize to jack for, as he has done his fair share of creating problems with me and others here. However, i am not going to keep this nonsense going, because there are several people here who are happy with the way things are progressing with Juve, and no matter what myself, Andy, Cronios, or Denco (nice ragging on him jack, and he's not even here to defend himself) say, it wont change opinions, rather get most of you angry

If you guys are content with the way things are going with our team, then good for you. The excuse for not winning anything this year will be " were still building our team, and we'll do better next season"...but then what do you say next season, when we come up shorthanded again with this coach and management team ??

Thats how I , and a few others feel, and it shouldnt become a pissing match of who's right and wrong. Someone made mention of the fact that I wont get into it with Alen, but read his posts, he gets his point across without being a douchebag, like may others here, so why should I make things personal with him ?? (hint hint, jack...you could learn a thing or two from Alen)

For you guys who are disappointed that I didnt mention your name in the list of "real" fans :)P), well, its pretty obvious that I really dont think much of you, or even know who you are for that matter....

at the end of the day, what really counts is my kids & wife, and not what a bunch of juveniles say on an internet forum, who would never talk so ignorant face to face
Understood. We would all like to win something this year just as we all dreamed for glory last year as it would have been like a fairytale to win something. We will again man, even the players themselves are saying it wouldn't be right away. Look, Camo said something like 5-10 yrs, but that seems far fetched. A lot of coaches have come out to say that we are the biggest contenders to Inter and its a shame we weren't up for the match against Inter this year but you gotta blame the players for that and not coming out to play. Look at the Buffon quote about "the juve shirt being heavy and if you cant wear it don't go back on the field". He wasn't telling that to CR. October was a bad month, but look what we have accomplished since then with ALLLLL the injuries that have occurred and unfortunately reoccurred. Do you think we will be weaker when Trez/Buffon/Poulsen come back (plus the others)? Can you imagine what would be different had we had not had so many injuries this year? I can assure you things would be MUCH different but these injuries are bad luck, has nothing to do with CR or the board, if anything the physios. Everyone wants to buy buy buy, and mostly for positions that we have youth players working to get a place in, the only one that doesn't is RB. LB we have DC (promising), Molinaro(ehhh)...CM we have Marchisio (promising), and LM/F we have Gio(promising) plus those on loan and co-own. We have seen lately what they are capable of, but like every other young player that came to Juventus they have to earn their stripes. We will buy and yes hopefully they can come up with quality purchases like Amauri/Momo and not like the others we all know who they are, no need to name. Too bad for Tiago's injury as he was FINALLY starting to hit form. The season/CL is not over, only half way and we have our best players coming back in less than a month....the board might surprise us again this winter.

You gotta keep it positive man, otherwise it takes the fun out of supporting your club. We are not a mid table or a lower table team, we have money and will be getting more and eventually we will be spending again. We finally have depth in the squad, something we lacked last year. Maybe its not the quality we would all hope for but we just cant afford the wages of having world class players to come off the bench, but honestly why would anyone want that? That only makes players upset and eventually disrupting team harmony. We can already compete with Inter, we beat them last year, killed Milan this year, beat Real twice this year, were first in our group for CL...dude, we are only 6 pts back and going strong, inters luck will run out eventually, we just gotta keep form. We are a good team because we just didn't win one or two games, we won 9 out of 10. I don't know many average teams that can do that, and included in those 9 wins are wins against world class teams.

On family matters...i agree what you said totally.

:tup:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Andy, you're like a little brother to me...I would never pound you head in :tup:
You would IF (is the key word here, because I'm actually conservative the way our economy is going) I became liberal enough.

:D

But nah, too many people are taking cheap shots at you (and me), about things they couldn't comprehend in the first place due to their lack of opinions on the subject. And if so, then they truly do not have any opinions themselves. It's what makes them sheepole.

We have been wrong on some occasions, but if the whole point of the forum is to laugh at some opinions, then they might as well close it all down. Every single thread has banter within it mocking what we say, so so much for free speech and an actual point to the forum.

We need to get back on skype, Vinni.

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
Understood. We would all like to win something this year just as we all dreamed for glory last year as it would have been like a fairytale to win something. We will again man, even the players themselves are saying it wouldn't be right away. Look, Camo said something like 5-10 yrs, but that seems far fetched. A lot of coaches have come out to say that we are the biggest contenders to Inter and its a shame we weren't up for the match against Inter this year but you gotta blame the players for that and not coming out to play. Look at the Buffon quote about "the juve shirt being heavy and if you cant wear it don't go back on the field". He wasn't telling that to CR. October was a bad month, but look what we have accomplished since then with ALLLLL the injuries that have occurred and unfortunately reoccurred. Do you think we will be weaker when Trez/Buffon/Poulsen come back (plus the others)? Can you imagine what would be different had we had not had so many injuries this year? I can assure you things would be MUCH different but these injuries are bad luck, has nothing to do with CR or the board, if anything the physios. Everyone wants to buy buy buy, and mostly for positions that we have youth players working to get a place in, the only one that doesn't is RB. LB we have DC (promising), Molinaro(ehhh)...CM we have Marchisio (promising), and LM/F we have Gio(promising) plus those on loan and co-own. We have seen lately what they are capable of, but like every other young player that came to Juventus they have to earn their stripes. We will buy and yes hopefully they can come up with quality purchases like Amauri/Momo and not like the others we all know who they are, no need to name. Too bad for Tiago's injury as he was FINALLY starting to hit form. The season/CL is not over, only half way and we have our best players coming back in less than a month....the board might surprise us again this winter.

You gotta keep it positive man, otherwise it takes the fun out of supporting your club. We are not a mid table or a lower table team, we have money and will be getting more and eventually we will be spending again. We finally have depth in the squad, something we lacked last year. Maybe its not the quality we would all hope for but we just cant afford the wages of having world class players to come off the bench, but honestly why would anyone want that? That only makes players upset and eventually disrupting team harmony. We can already compete with Inter, we beat them last year, killed Milan this year, beat Real twice this year, were first in our group for CL...dude, we are only 6 pts back and going strong, inters luck will run out eventually, we just gotta keep form. We are a good team because we just didn't win one or two games, we won 9 out of 10. I don't know many average teams that can do that, and included in those 9 wins are wins against world class teams.

On family matters...i agree what you said totally.

:tup:
:beer:

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
You would IF (is the key word here, because I'm actually conservative the way our economy is going) I became liberal enough.

:D

But nah, too many people are taking cheap shots at you (and me), about things they couldn't comprehend in the first place due to their lack of opinions on the subject. And if so, then they truly do not have any opinions themselves. It's what makes them sheepole.

We have been wrong on some occasions, but if the whole point of the forum is to laugh at some opinions, then they might as well close it all down. Every single thread has banter within it mocking what we say, so so much for free speech and an actual point to the forum.

We need to get back on skype, Vinni.
not sure what the hell happened to my microphone...we may have to settle for the 3 way call ( I have free long distance)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
No, go check out who voted for Ranieri being fired in one of those poll threads. Many of the same people who wanted Ranieri out are now defending him, thus flip-flopping on their positions, showing to us that they just go with the flow and don't really have a real opinion whatsoever. These are what I call sheep.
Everyone voted for Ranieri to be fired because THERE WAS NOT EVEN AN OPTION TO VOTE FOR KEEPING HIM, Andy. I myself know that I always stood up on his side. Just as I respect that you keep your stance even if I don't agree with you on that at all. But at least you're consistant.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I disagree, i'm afraid.
Many thought Amauri wasn't good enough and almost everyone thought that he's not great.
Should we still stick to that opinion we had back in July?

We realized that we were wrong (not me though, i always thought he was great :eyebrows:) and now we changed our mind.

That poll you're talking about was opened in a very tough time for Juve. We voted in affect. It happened at the beginning of the season, we weren't satisfied with the summer mercato and we thought that Ranieri and the board fucked up smthg in the summer and ruined our season. Time has shown to us that we were wrong, that it was just a short period of crisis and that Ranieri and the players are strong enough to make a strong comeback. After all we won 9 out of the last 10 matches in serie A and we won the CL group without a defeat after the crisis.

Now even if we fail to win on 2 or 3 straight matches i can guarantee you that you won't see the same reactions you saw in October because now we know that this team actually IS good.

Sticking to your own opinion, not admitting that you're wrong, keep saying that the white is black.....that's stubborness, it's not "having a real opinion" as you call it.
Very well said.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
LetsBrushYourTeeth said:
If one hates the methods of a manager, those that have not worked in the past, nobody can do anything about it. Like Rab stated, many people seem to flip flop on their opinions throughout the course of the season, which means that these people are simply a bunch of sheep. I will always be against the way Ranieri runs his teams, the way he "interacts" with the media, and just like I can't do anything about the way he fields the team, nobody else besides Ranieri can coerce my opinions to change.
You assume a manager performs the same every game and every second. What happened to flexibility and evaluating what actually happens in every game separately over the course of the season rather than focusing on what occurred in the previous games or seasons. Imo you should more flexible rather rigid when evaluating players' and coaches' performances.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Come on, it is obvious Andy has something against Ranieri, which doesn't allow him to be entirely objective and flexible. And we can't blame him, because he obviously has his ideas of how he would like to see Juventus and Ranieri will never achieve that. I wish he would be less stubborn though.

For example, he criticised Ranieri a lot last season for his supposed "treatment" of Tiago ( IMO it was mainly player's fault) but you didn't hear him giving coach the credit for Tiago's revival. How do we know that Ranieri is not at least a bit responsible for Tiago's return to form??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)