[SERIE A] Atalanta vs JUVENTUS (12/21/08) (2 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Manninger

• Mellberg

• Legro

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Marchisio

• Marchionni

• Sissoko

• Amauri

• Del Piero

• De Ceglie

Results are only viewable after voting.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
For example, he criticised Ranieri a lot last season for his supposed "treatment" of Tiago ( IMO it was mainly player's fault) but you didn't hear him giving coach the credit for Tiago's revival. How do we know that Ranieri is not at least a bit responsible for Tiago's return to form??
in case you did not already read andys response to that ... andy said that ranieri had no other choice but to play tiago, because of all the injuries and thus not giving any credit to ranieri.

not being able to change ones mind over a certain issue after changed facts/circumstances is something that you won't find by intelligent people ...

further the constant black/white-thinking and not allowing to see other sides of the coin is also something you will see by stupid people ... people like extremists that do have one certain enemy that is overly evil and there is no way they can change their minds, because they are just not intelligent enough to think aside from "person A is god" and "person B is evil".

not seeing motivations behind people choices and just labeling them good or bad is probably all you can do with a simple mind.

every humans choices are based on motives and attitudes towards something. only judging a choice does not tell anything at all. people here talk as if they had more or at least the same knowledge then ranieri, even if they will never be paid one dollar for their opinion about football, nor did they ever attend a juve training session.

saying that their opinion on juve is better and smarter than the opinion of someone that does work on this issue several hours a day just shows how stupid one can be.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
this being said only after my retort.....:disagree:
I didnt read him saying those things to you, only noticed this pissing contest in the last few pages, not the whole thread. Saw you responding to his low potshots towards your parents and daughter only after you quoted it. Even if he started it, said both you guys, because you replied in kind. Thats all.

Being aggressive and juvenile while arguing about football (though and more, the football is becoming irrevelant, and has become all about targetting someone for previously disagreeing with you) is well expected around here, but to bring in family into this IMO is very low. And yeah, he started it, but dont continue it please. Thats all :)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Everyone voted for Ranieri to be fired because THERE WAS NOT EVEN AN OPTION TO VOTE FOR KEEPING HIM, Andy. I myself know that I always stood up on his side. Just as I respect that you keep your stance even if I don't agree with you on that at all. But at least you're consistant.
If there is a poll open that does not have a reasonable choice I would vote for, I wouldn't vote. It's that simple. If the ballot for the US Presidential Elections had only George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan on it, I wouldn't vote for either.

You assume a manager performs the same every game and every second. What happened to flexibility and evaluating what actually happens in every game separately over the course of the season rather than focusing on what occurred in the previous games or seasons. Imo you should more flexible rather rigid when evaluating players' and coaches' performances.
Flexibility? With Ranieri? :lol2: What flexibility?

Saying that I should be flexible when Ranieri is not is a little ridiculous, I have to say.

Come on, it is obvious Andy has something against Ranieri, which doesn't allow him to be entirely objective and flexible. And we can't blame him, because he obviously has his ideas of how he would like to see Juventus and Ranieri will never achieve that. I wish he would be less stubborn though.

For example, he criticised Ranieri a lot last season for his supposed "treatment" of Tiago ( IMO it was mainly player's fault) but you didn't hear him giving coach the credit for Tiago's revival. How do we know that Ranieri is not at least a bit responsible for Tiago's return to form??
Of course I have something against Ranieri, which is why I don't like him as a manager. What he does on the job makes me dislike him, so one is the result of the other.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I wish he would make gio play more...he has faith in his youngsters but not nearly enough for them to develope. I am happy the team is winning but not so much I guess at the sacrifice of our youth. Balotelli gets more playing time and isn't he like 4 yrs younger than gio?? Pato is 19 and practically starts every game. It might make sense if gio/dc were 18 or 19, but they aren't. It seems like ranieri is forcing them to become late bloomers, to me that's not right. They have shown confidence when they play, that should get then more playing time...rather the only chance they get is because there are so many injuries.

nhilun

Dec 23, 2008
I wish he would make gio play more...he has faith in his youngsters but not nearly enough for them to develope. I am happy the team is winning but not so much I guess at the sacrifice of our youth. Balotelli gets more playing time and isn't he like 4 yrs younger than gio?? Pato is 19 and practically starts every game. It might make sense if gio/dc were 18 or 19, but they aren't. It seems like ranieri is forcing them to become late bloomers, to me that's not right. They have shown confidence when they play, that should get then more playing time...rather the only chance they get is because there are so many injuries.
Totally agree! He only started 3 times this season.

BlanquiNegro

Mar 28, 2006
Understood. We would all like to win something this year just as we all dreamed for glory last year as it would have been like a fairytale to win something. We will again man, even the players themselves are saying it wouldn't be right away. Look, Camo said something like 5-10 yrs, but that seems far fetched. A lot of coaches have come out to say that we are the biggest contenders to Inter and its a shame we weren't up for the match against Inter this year but you gotta blame the players for that and not coming out to play. Look at the Buffon quote about "the juve shirt being heavy and if you cant wear it don't go back on the field". He wasn't telling that to CR. October was a bad month, but look what we have accomplished since then with ALLLLL the injuries that have occurred and unfortunately reoccurred. Do you think we will be weaker when Trez/Buffon/Poulsen come back (plus the others)? Can you imagine what would be different had we had not had so many injuries this year? I can assure you things would be MUCH different but these injuries are bad luck, has nothing to do with CR or the board, if anything the physios. Everyone wants to buy buy buy, and mostly for positions that we have youth players working to get a place in, the only one that doesn't is RB. LB we have DC (promising), Molinaro(ehhh)...CM we have Marchisio (promising), and LM/F we have Gio(promising) plus those on loan and co-own. We have seen lately what they are capable of, but like every other young player that came to Juventus they have to earn their stripes. We will buy and yes hopefully they can come up with quality purchases like Amauri/Momo and not like the others we all know who they are, no need to name. Too bad for Tiago's injury as he was FINALLY starting to hit form. The season/CL is not over, only half way and we have our best players coming back in less than a month....the board might surprise us again this winter.

You gotta keep it positive man, otherwise it takes the fun out of supporting your club. We are not a mid table or a lower table team, we have money and will be getting more and eventually we will be spending again. We finally have depth in the squad, something we lacked last year. Maybe its not the quality we would all hope for but we just cant afford the wages of having world class players to come off the bench, but honestly why would anyone want that? That only makes players upset and eventually disrupting team harmony. We can already compete with Inter, we beat them last year, killed Milan this year, beat Real twice this year, were first in our group for CL...dude, we are only 6 pts back and going strong, inters luck will run out eventually, we just gotta keep form. We are a good team because we just didn't win one or two games, we won 9 out of 10. I don't know many average teams that can do that, and included in those 9 wins are wins against world class teams.

On family matters...i agree what you said totally.

:tup:
well said bro
:toast:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ranieri should play the best players no matter their age.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Dont think its an age thing, but tactical thing. He is too concerned with having offensive midfielders that have alot of defensive responsibilities, and only play in a rigid 4-4-2, then utilising the quality players you have in the best role for them. No flexibility.

In other words, Giovinco wont play as a midfielder under him, only as a forward.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Felt like having my Maher moment for the day. Glad to have that over with.
Get the fuck out.

Did you look at your post? it had:

- No grammar or spelling errors
- Was longer than once sentence
- Was a result of you using your own logic and your own words, hence no copy and paste
- The post was actually informative and thought provoking.

now how dare you compare that to the greatness that is Maher. Suck a deck you mauron

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I know I know, I'm barely a cheap knock off, not even made in China, but made in Tonga. But I tried atleast.

What I meant with Maher moment is everything I said was painstackingly obvious to any Juventino that I deserved to get bitchslapped by Captain Obvious. But yeah, delivery not Maher-esque, will work on it.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Flexibility? With Ranieri? :lol2: What flexibility?

Saying that I should be flexible when Ranieri is not is a little ridiculous, I have to say.
Well performances and circumstances change. Its not tactics, formations or selections. Maybe Ranieri's decisions aren't the most agile and i admit that things could change but you can't fault the guy much.

If you don't see any differences with the coach's performances along with the accompanying conditions thats up to you.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
yeah, let ranieri use another formation every game to show how versatile he can be.
i am tired of all these games where he grinds out the result instead of showing of like mumu-mourinho

since we lost only a few games and none of them showed that ranieri did not do something to avoid it´, i can see no obvious fault.

sure, the hobby football managers always know better ... but if you really want to know what it looks like when a coach has no clue how to change the course of a game watch our game in madrid.

schuster did not have any clue what to do and just threw some star after star on the pitch hoping it would have an impact, but completely without changing formations or tactics with it.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Well performances and circumstances change. Its not tactics, formations or selections. Maybe Ranieri's decisions aren't the most agile and i admit that things could change but you can't fault the guy much.

If you don't see any differences with the coach's performances along with the accompanying conditions thats up to you.
I daresay what is the need for change and flexibility when you are winning

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)