[Serie A] Atalanta 1-3 JUVENTUS [November 23rd, 2019] (15 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Almost all ref decisions were correct. The only one, which was clearly wrong, was not seeing Cuadrado's handball. If he saw that. Atalanta would have gotten a free kick and Higgy would not have scored the second goal. The decision not to disallow our second goal was correct, though, since Atalanta won the ball back after Cuadrado's handball and lost it again.
Noone can blame the ref for not seeing that handball, because he was like 40-50 meters away from the incident. We were simply lucky and Atalanta were unlucky that they got the ball again and it counted as a new action, so VAR could not disallow our goal.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Player ratings:
Exceptional: Higuain
Excellent: De Ligt, Szczesny
Good: Cuadrado, Costa, Can, Dybala (only because of the goal, he was poor otherwise)
Average: Pjanic, Ramsey, Bonucci, De Sciglio, Bentancur
Trash: Khedira, Bernardeschi
Dybala was exceptional in the second half.

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
If you make your body larger and ball hits you it's handball anywhere on the pitch. In case of Cuad he landed on the ball, and then his hand stayed in touch with it for more than an instance. That should've been a handball. But since Atalanta lost the ball it cannot be checked by VAR.
I need to see it again honestly. I can't remember when Atalanta lost it.
Apparently, I was thinking of the Emre Can incident, which was checked on VAR and correctly not given (it was also outside the box, I think).

I have to see that Cuadrado handball. I don't remember it.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Almost all ref decisions were correct. The only one, which was clearly wrong, was not seeing Cuadrado's handball. If he saw that. Atalanta would have gotten a free kick and Higgy would not have scored the second goal. The decision not to disallow our second wrong was correct, though, since Atalanta won the ball back after Cuadrado's handball and lost it again.
Noone can blame the ref for not seeing that handball, because he was like 40-50 meters away from the incident. We were simply lucky and Atalanta were unlucky that they got the ball again and it counted as a new action, so VAR could not disallow our goal.
Correct. Does anyone have a link for the handball incident?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Almost all ref decisions were correct. The only one, which was clearly wrong, was not seeing Cuadrado's handball. If he saw that. Atalanta would have gotten a free kick and Higgy would not have scored the second goal. The decision not to disallow our second goal was correct, though, since Atalanta won the ball back after Cuadrado's handball and lost it again.
What do you think about the Can handball? Imo it was a handball but I’m just wondering if the ref didn’t allow it because he was just outside the box?

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Yeah, how the fuck did that happen? We are probably the only team in the world who can keep doing this, and it's little to do with Sarri.

But you get what you get, we keep trying to attack and today we had one break and took it on from there. Our mentality is unbelievable, I just gave up watching that first 60 minutes.
Yeah I thought Atalanta would score another and it would be done

Our counter attacking football has gotten much better under Sarri

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
What do you think about the Can handball? Imo it was a handball but I’m just wondering if the ref didn’t allow it because he was just outside the box?
I think it was inside the box. In both cases, Can's handball and Khedira's, it was first deflected from their foot/leg, so the ref considered the position of the arm before the deflection and if it made their body unnaturally bigger. In Khedira's case, the position of the arm warranted a penalty. In Can's case it was 50-50.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
They were great in second half never questioned there quality i question the coach and im not changing my mind on that as the performance was the exact same, same terrible line ups, got lucky that Berna went off injured early and team was much better when khedira went off but sarri will still start these two.
Look at the conditions the match was played in, and it's a long season calma.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't know how anyone can see anything from that camera, but Atalanta didn't win the ball back. They touched it but but we never really lost posession. IF there was a handball offense then they should have disallowed the goal.

Also, touching the ball, does count as a new action. The Atalanta player touched the ball and if there was no Juve player to stop it, the Atalanta player would have found himself clear on goal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)