[Serie A] Atalanta 1-3 JUVENTUS [November 23rd, 2019] (3 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Juliano13

May 6, 2012

Also, touching the ball, does count as a new action. The Atalanta player touched the ball and if there was no Juve player to stop it, the Atalanta player would have found himself clear on goal.
Seems like it should be a foul but still images can be very misleading. If he handles the ball accidentally when falling after the deflection, I don't think it should be a penalty.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Let’s be honest, if that handball took place in a goal against us, we would be complaining that it should not have stood either. Can’t blame Atalanta for being salty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Then we got even luckier than i thought :D

No way the ref could see it but it should have been VARed. They didnt win the ball back or clear it.
Actually, I'm watching SKY and everyone agrees that it shouldn't be VAR-ed. Just by touching the ball, the Atalanta player made it a new action. After all, if that touch wasn't intercepted, the Atalanta player would have been clear on goal. The complains by Atalanta and the anti-Juve are about the handball and about not giving a foul for it. They're not complaining for no VAR.

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
“It was an entertaining game with tempo and intensity, the kind you don’t usually see in Serie A,” the coach told Sky Sport Italia.

“We lost our heads after the penalty, thinking of everything except the game of football and allowed Atalanta to take total control. They deservedly went in front.

“We were fortunate to score the equaliser in a chaotic move against the run of play and from there on showed belief we could win it.”

When Douglas Costa came on, it was effectively a 4-3-3 formation.

“I moved Dybala in an attempt to stop Atalanta pouring down the flanks, so we could get a handle on the game again. That system uses up a lot of energy on the midfield. We struggled with Atalanta because we didn’t cover the ball enough in midfield.

“Atalanta’s wingers were constantly coming forward, while ours were at times caught in-between.”

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Gasperini :tup:

“I saw a few replays, but there is so much confusion nowadays on handball. For example, the penalty we were awarded was the kind of challenge I’d have been furious to see given against me.

“The confusion is there, it continues to be confusing, there are completely different interpretations between coaches, referees, players, fans and we need some clarity on what these rules are.

“I am convinced there will always be errors, even with VAR. The problem here is that even when viewing it again, we still can’t seem to agree on what is handball and what isn’t.

“There cannot be such vastly contradictory unbiased opinions, otherwise handball becomes a lottery and that’s precisely what we are meant to avoid.”

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Gasperini :tup:

“I saw a few replays, but there is so much confusion nowadays on handball. For example, the penalty we were awarded was the kind of challenge I’d have been furious to see given against me.

“The confusion is there, it continues to be confusing, there are completely different interpretations between coaches, referees, players, fans and we need some clarity on what these rules are.

Very fair statement!

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Honestly there does seem to be a lot of decisions that decided games in Juve's favour this season. Definitely more than I can remember the past years.

Getting rid of Khedira and Bernardeschi is a good start to improve the team. Gotta bench Pjanic for a while too until he gets back on form

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)