SERIE A: Ancona - Juventus (2 Viewers)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
mate what did you think of Miccoli?
I like Miccoli a lot. IMO he can become the new Italy star, I think I like him more than Cassano. He is really one of the few players around who know what is a dribblig, if you look around ther's so few players who still havs this quality. And also 4 class, goals and assists he's :thumb:
4 this year we do not have to expect him to be ouers leader, or something like that cause isn't always easy to swich from a small team to a big one... but he will do well and in few years he can really become an international star :star: Or at list... he has the potencial to do it... let's hope he will attend that!

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Yeah I think today he proved all his potential. That assist for DV in the first half was really great...it's like he used a radar to pin point exactly where the ball should land.

Then he scored 2 goals and gave an assist...pretty active in all goals!

mate

Aug 28, 2002
About his Ancona prestation: of course a really good one!
Minimum a 7 for him. Ancona isn't really a big test but those kind of match are very important to make him positive and conscious of his potencial.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Yeah of course. Sometimes though these matches are tougher to shine in since the opponent closes you down with all their men behind the ball so you don't have much space. Against the big teams you have more space to move and do your stuff.

So if Miccoli can do all that in a tight situation, imagine what he can do in open spaces ;)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Yep! He just need to be more continuous but he has all that he needs to become a grate player :) 4 this year we do not have to expect miracols from him... he just need to do well and to "acclimatate", he will improuve gradually, but he need time, ther's a lot of expectations on him let's hope he will not soffer the pressure and do his best.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
I think Lippi substituted DV and not Miccoli, so he could test out the partnership Miccoli-Trez for Tuesday.

However as I see it, Miccoli-DV are a much better couple as they always look for each other and are quite good together. On the other hand, Trez is overall a better striker than DV, whereas DV is mmore of a team player.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I just finished watching the game (I taped it as I was out at the time), and IMO Zambrotta and Appiah were the best players on thr field. I was very dissapointed with our defence, especially in the second half. Why the hell cant we keep a clean sheet against a team like Ancona??? :(

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #370
    I'm starting to worry about our defensive record, guys. 7 goals in 6 games is horrible by our standards and I didn't see today's game or the highlights as of yet, but from what I have seen this season (every game except for Reggina-Juve and this game), Buffon doesn't seem to be at his best. He has made some nice saves here and three but I don't think he's been himself, dominant.

Anyways, can anyone tell me how Montero, Davids and Maresca were?

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Ancona no doubt the worst team in serie A this seaso managed to scare the hell out of us and for all those in favour of wholesome rotation, well you saw the result.
    I hear someone saying the were thinking of Real , what for how many of the would start on wednesady?
    They were just sad and the concentration leading to the first goal is unacceptable to any team let alone a team of Juve calibre
    Buffon was actually having a discussion with someone when the corner kick was taken and somessi towered over Davids to score
    Is is not sad to see 3 defensive midfielders on the foield against Ancona while the one player with any technique or creativity , Maresca, was playing behind all the midfielders and to make matters worse we are taking off Appiah for Iuliano
    Buffon made so good saves and was commanding on crosses but was partly at fault for the first goal 6
    Birindeli not one of his best nights 5
    Montero was shaky in the second half and thier stupid offside moves would surely be punished by better strikers but he made one very gr8 save on the line in the first half were he was good 6
    Ferrara is now showing his age and to me he was awful 4
    Zambrotta slowly but surely becoming one of my faves he was just athletic throughout and his goal was sublime, also took a nice shot in the first half , though did blot his copy book with a silly pass to the defence which started the move that led to Ancona's first goal 7

Tacchinardi , slow, throws himself to the ground which gets very annoying and incredibly was playing on the left of the midfield 5.5

Davids was not bad but was not gr8 either 6
    Appiah ditto as Davids 6

Maresca tried to hold on to the ball and tried his best to play penetrativer passes and really should have taken at least one free kick or corner kick 6.5

Miccolli was not as ghood as some ppl are saying on here, his freekicks and corner kicks were awful at times, did very well though with some passes and well he did score 2 goals so he deserves high praise but nothing like what i have read on here 7

Di vaio other than good movement he was trash, when Trez does not play well , they say he is useless when Dv plays rubbish they say he does not get good service 5

Trez came on at a difficult time when Ancona were on top but still showed a cameo of his now familiar incredible misses category , not enough time to grade him

Conte got a nice welcome from Juve fans but thats about it

Iuliano came on so Birindelli can play outside right

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    Not a good result for us, but still, I am so grateful for the 3 points. Ancona were playing good at the 2nd half. There were lot's of "duel" in midline. Good desicion by Ancona's coach to add Maurizio Ganz in frontline.
    Yea, our defence were not really good. But I saw a good save by Montero. I think Zambrotta was the man of the match. He played brilliant as a back-winger...and he made a beautiful goal too! :)

Aug 1, 2003
    good for the 3 points but 3-2 against ANCONA?? is juve crazzyy?? i'll be watching a delayed telecast tonight (not looking forward to see 2 goals conceded!)

damn, lippi should do something bout the defence.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    A great match by Ancona... many would have lay down and accept their fate when losing 3-0 down agaisnt the reigning champions... that really shows some character..really deserve some credit... maybe having some experience filled veterans to help your top-flight-inempt teams have some benefits afterall....

it would have capped a great night for them if the great equalizer do come as 3-2 loss was nor better then a 3-0 in their fight agaisnt the drop..

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    if this match shows anything, it shows how gr8 Juve is.. I mean we were missing 5 key players and managed to win.. we don't depend on individuals like inter, milan or even roma.. we care much about team work.. if one or two players are missing we still can play with the same style.. our formation want change too much.. even with different players..

yeah, it is only ancona, but look at inter when they don't have vieri, look at milan when they don't have sheva, look at roma when they don't have totti.. that what makes us better than them.. :thumb:

Aug 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Al Harbi ] ++

yeah, it is only ancona, but look at inter when they don't have vieri, look at milan when they don't have sheva, look at roma when they don't have totti.. that what makes us better than them.. :thumb:
    oh yeah. :devil:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Oh come on let's not blame the turnover. The team was doing very well with 3-0 up and it showed that all our players are first team material. As Lippi himself said after the match, the fact that we have more points than we ever had under his guidance after 6 matches, shows that all squad members are first team players unlike previous years.

Just be happy about the result. A year or two ago, we would have conceded the third goal, this year no cos we are stronger and better than before.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    Just be happy about the result. A year or two ago, we would have conceded the third goal, this year no cos we are stronger and better than before.
    Actually, 5 mins more and we would have conceded the 3rd goal. We were awfull and pathetic. For God's sake, it's Ancona, the worst team in Serie A.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    But they're still a Serie A team who have just replaced their coach and have new motivations and confidence to do better.

2 years ago we drew 0-0 against Lecce who ended up to be the bottom club at the end of the campaign. We suffered to score goals against teams who eventually got relegated like Piacenza (scoring in the last 5 minutes of the match) etc...I think it's always better to win 3-2 rather than 1-0, at least we're not boring ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)