SERIE A: Ancona - Juventus (2 Viewers)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Boring boring boring...........that sounds familiar ;)

Well, we are improving but still we should be able to beat such teams easily and with a large margin of score and not suffer their assults like we did yesterday. If we can't get a clean sheet against those teams, then we are really in serious trouble.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I'll say this again: We need a new centre back, a new right back, a real left wing, a playmaker and a striker.

Hopefully, we'll sell Neddy to Chelski at the end of the season and be able to fund all this.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I also dont understand why Lippi brought Conte in. He's clearly a player that cant offer anything more to the club at this point, its utterly useless subbing him in while Oliveira is on the bench. Cant we give the bloke a chance? I'm sure he'd be much better than Conte :groan:

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
I also dont understand why Lippi brought Conte in. He's clearly a player that cant offer anything more to the club at this point, its utterly useless subbing him in while Oliveira is on the bench. Cant we give the bloke a chance? I'm sure he'd be much better than Conte :groan:
Lippi wanted a midfielder with a defenceive role to help the defence against ancona attack.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Appiah, Tacchinardi, Davids, Maresca not defensive enough??? IMO we should have done just the opposite, brought in one more striker or attacking midfielder and made them defend. It 3-1 we had a 2 goal advantage, we could have easily attacked more and held the ball in our feet, and not let them attack.

When wanting to defend, attack instead

Attack is the best defence

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Appiah, Tacchinardi, Davids, Maresca not defensive enough??? IMO we should have done just the opposite, brought in one more striker or attacking midfielder and made them defend. It 3-1 we had a 2 goal advantage, we could have easily attacked more and held the ball in our feet, and not let them attack.

When wanting to defend, attack instead

Attack is the best defence
I agree with you , but unfortunitly this thing is not lippi openion , he like to defend always in the final stages of matchs and that cost us like in roma match and yest. if the game extended another 5 mnts i am shure it will be 3-3:down:

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
well, there is no weak teams in the calcio.. it is known that the small clubs can defeat the big clubs.. it happend many times.. that what make very interesting to watch the italian league.. unlike the other european leagues.. its matches are unpredictable.. it is a tough league.. beside, we rested 5 key players.. and we won.. that impressive IMO..

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Yeah Milan and Inter lose against the small teams.

Last season we drew 1-1 against como at home!!! Now that was embarrassing. Winning 3-2 away to Ancona is good!

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Last night's match brought back memories of the unfortunate draw with Torino back in the 2001-02 season. We were comfortably 3-0 up with 2 goals scored by Alex and one by Tudor; only for them to come back and score 3 goals in the second half to deny us from winning the match and gaining the 3 points !!

Anyway, the match progressed as expected in the first half, with us totally dominating possesion in midfield and them defending in numbers behind the ball. However, their counter-attacks were fast and deadly. We were only able to shoot them down through the off-side trap in which poor old Hubner fell in on too many ocassions.

In the second half, everything went wrong for us (especially after 15 minutes had passed). We were fortunate enough that Ganz wasn't fit enough to play the whole match as he caused havoc once introduced.

We can keep moaning until the cows come back home for our bad performance in the second half. But the fact is we won the match and that's the most important thing. Afterall, the 3 gained points could prove decesive towards the end of the Scudetto challenge.

Unlike others, the defensive record doesn't really bother me. In the end, the team with the highest number of points earns the Scudetto - not the team with the best defense. Even if 2 teams are even at the end of Serie A, goal difference is not taken into consideration. A playoff match is played to decide the winner.

If anything, our matches have now become more enjoyable to watch from a neutral point of view, compared to the past season's boring 1-0 wins against small teams in which we used to close shop after the first goal. I agree though that it would've been nice to be in a commanding position and keep the score at 3-0.

But lets get real people. We've been playing without 5 regular starters and I'm sure other teams would suffer if put in this situation, but not Juve. I have a smile on my face :) Why? Because we have won 7 out of 8 matches this season. Not bad. Not bad at all !!

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Exactly. We're doing so much better than the previous years. Other teams can't even make such a turnover cos they would risk of drawing or losing. We can afford it as we still win which means that all our players are reliable!

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
I'll say this again: We need a new centre back, a new right back, a real left wing, a playmaker and a striker.

Hopefully, we'll sell Neddy to Chelski at the end of the season and be able to fund all this.
you call this HOPEFULLY...???:eek::dazed::eek::dazed::eek::dazed::eek::dazed:

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #396
    No, 3-2.

Ancona 2-3 Juventus (Viali, Ganz/Miccoli, Zambrotta, Miccoli)

:)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I was at a bachelor party yesterday (and last night, and part of this morning as well), so I missed most of what happened after the first 10 minutes.

3-2???

Against Ancona?

I realize that some key players didn't play, but.......................................this is Ancona.

I'm glad to see Miccoli do well.

They need some defensive help in the January transfer season in the worst way.

Buffon needs to step up as well. Sure isn't playing like the UEFA goalkeeper of the year.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    Unlike others, the defensive record doesn't really bother me. In the end, the team with the highest number of points earns the Scudetto - not the team with the best defense. Even if 2 teams are even at the end of Serie A, goal difference is not taken into consideration. A playoff match is played to decide the winner.
    :undecide: It's hard to get points when your defence isn't playing as well as it could. It's even worse when we miss out on 'easy' points, against teams like Ancona

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)