SERIE A: Ancona - Juventus (2 Viewers)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
No he didn't, in fact he got high rates from the newspapers cos he saved the result on more than oneoccasion. The first goal was mostly due to bad defending by Davids.

Anyway it was the midfield that did not hold too well as the defence had done very well in the first half.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
I see, ...... thank you.

No he didn't, in fact he got high rates from the newspapers cos he saved the result on more than oneoccasion.
you mean it could have been worse??? :eek: :wallbang: how could we have let them have so many chances?? :frown:

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Too complacent when the score was 3-0. These things happen, no biggies.
ok, :thumb: thanks again.

Hope that we will be improve for Sociadad. But we'd have our best defence agiainst them though :)

Sep 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Too complacent when the score was 3-0. These things happen, no biggies.

You would not be saying that had Ganz's shot not hit the post but went in and not to mention the penalty that wasn't given( I could also add the close off-side calls).

We allowed them back into the game, that is what disturbed me. What is wrong with looking to score a fourth or fifth goal against a dire team like Ancona?

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #431
    ++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++

But we'd have our best defence agiainst them though :)
    Not sure about that; Legrottaglie is injured :wallbang:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Holdon well we tried to score the 4th goal and Miccoli and Trez both went close. Before the 60th minute, when we were really playing, we were in control of the match but then we just let go. If we had not scored the 3rd goal we might have actually staayed more alert and would have not conceded the goals.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    How can anyone rate Ancona as a decent side and its not true to say they are not easy games in SerieA cos they are
    Ancona actually hit the post thru Ganz, had a penalty which was rather dubiously not given bearing in mind what happened against Bologna last week
    And to suggest we missed chances is rather sad, we are meant to create chances against such a modest side, our squad is almost or probably £100m worth more than Ancona.

Not sure about the october or November theory cos in 96/97 we were pretty much invincible around this period and cannot compare to last season or 2 seasons ago as this squad is ready and motivated to do the double so its a big let down to be defending against Ancona and make them look good

And please always citing other club's incapabilities is a weak argument as we have always been better than most in beating weak teams

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    How can anyone rate Ancona as a decent side and its not true to say they are not easy games in SerieA cos they are
    Ancona actually hit the post thru Ganz, had a penalty which was rather dubiously not given bearing in mind what happened against Bologna last week
    And to suggest we missed chances is rather sad, we are meant to create chances against such a modest side, our squad is almost or probably £100m worth more than Ancona.

Not sure about the october or November theory cos in 96/97 we were pretty much invincible around this period and cannot compare to last season or 2 seasons ago as this squad is ready and motivated to do the double so its a big let down to be defending against Ancona and make them look good

And please always citing other club's incapabilities is a weak argument as we have always been better than most in beating weak teams
    Hey but you are extrem3 sometimes...

OK, the second half was bad...and was because the team thugh that everything was decided and they relaxed so much....but all this thing is not to do a soap opera.

IN the first half , When juve was thinking to win, Ancona just had ONE very clear chance that was the one montero saved. Juventus dominated ancona totally with the benches. I dont know why are you so upset.

In the second half we were dominated mainly because all the team commited that deadly error...but if they had played the second half with the same mentality, surely we would have score more goals.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #435
    Let's just put this game behind us and look forward to clinching Champions League qualification against Sociedad on Tuesday.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++

In the second half we were dominated mainly because all the team commited that deadly error...but if they had played the second half with the same mentality, surely we would have score more goals.

yeah but, why not have that mentality ALWAYS?

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++

Hey but you are extrem3 sometimes...

OK, the second half was bad...and was because the team thugh that everything was decided and they relaxed so much....but all this thing is not to do a soap opera.

IN the first half , When juve was thinking to win, Ancona just had ONE very clear chance that was the one montero saved. Juventus dominated ancona totally with the benches. I dont know why are you so upset.

You see but the thing is that we are the most professional of sides and take pride in that aspect , we asre not the entertainers so its no good saying concentration was not there
    I didnt think the performance was that bad but I hate to hear that Ancona are a good side cos they are not

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    LA GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT

Buffon 6.5, Birindelli 6, Ferrara 5.5, Montero 6, Zambrotta 7.5, Appiah 6,
    Iuliano s.v., Maresca 5.5, Tacchinardi 6, Conte s.v., Davids 5.5, Miccoli 7,
    Di Vaio 5.5, Trezeguet s.v.

IL CORRIERE DELLO SPORT

Buffon 7, Birindelli 5.5, Ferrara 6, Montero 6, Zambrotta 6.5, Appiah 6,
    Iuliano s.v., Maresca 6.5, Tacchinardi 6, Conte 6, Davids 6, Miccoli 7.5, Di
    Vaio 5.5, Trezeguet 5

TUTTOSPORT

Buffon 6.5, Birindelli 6, Ferrara 6, Montero 6.5, Zambrotta 7, Appiah 5.5,
    Iuliano 6, Maresca 6, Tacchinardi 6, Conte 6, Davids 5.5, Miccoli 7.5, Di
    Vaio 6, Trezeguet 6

LA STAMPA

Buffon 6.5, Birindelli 6, Ferrara 6, Montero 7, Zambrotta 7, Appiah 6,
    Iuliano s.v., Maresca 6, Tacchinardi 6.5, Conte 6, Davids 6, Miccoli 7, Di
    Vaio 6, Trezeguet s.v.

LA REPUBBLICA

Buffon 6.5, Birindelli 6, Ferrara 5.5, Montero 6.5, Zambrotta 7, Appiah 6,
    Iuliano s.v., Maresca 6.5, Tacchinardi 6, Conte s.v., Davids 6, Miccoli 7.5,
    Di Vaio 5.5, Trezeguet 5.5

IL CORRIERE DELLA SERA

Buffon 6.5, Birindelli 6, Ferrara 6.5, Montero 6.5, Zambrotta 7.5, Appiah
    5.5, Iuliano s.v., Maresca 6.5, Tacchinardi 6.5, Conte s.v., Davids 6.5,
    Miccoli 8, Di Vaio 6, Trezeguet s.v.

I would really like to see the marks by il corriere della sera when we play brilliantly , I mean 6.5 for Ferrara, do me a favour

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    You see but the thing is that we are the most professional of sides and take pride in that aspect , we asre not the entertainers so its no good saying concentration was not there
    I didnt think the performance was that bad but I hate to hear that Ancona are a good side cos they are not
    Ancona just have one point from i dont know..maybe 20.. and thats definitely not good.

Until yesterday´s game, they just had scored 2 goals..and scored 2 more against us. They are definitely not good. But all is juve´s fault and lost of concentration.

I hope thay have learned to not subestime any team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)