Serie A: A.C. Milan 1-1 JUVENTUS[May 10th, 2009] (3 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
where did i say that ? i just said, that you can see what situation ranieri was trying to avoid. i did understand that he tried it this way, because it is HIS job that is one the table and in such situations people to not play with their future and go gung ho on a team like milan.

so you did ever hear that a strong defence does win you championships ?
so could it be, that the great running willingness of marchionni and his more defensive approach be something that is really needed, when you have a defense like ours ?

did you see the impact del piero had yesterday ? yes ? oh, than you must have had binoculars or a magnifier, because he had nearly no impact.

it was ok to bring del piero, but if we had started with trezeguet and alex for instance we would have been way inferior to milan. trezeguet and alex have neither the power nor the speed to bring milans defense under pressure, when we play the high balls we used to play. amauri and iaquinta really gave the milan defense some headaches, because they had something they could not solve with experience ... the physical superior strength to bully them away and win everything in the air. that was a clever chess turn.

that is only your opinion, i guess there are many coaches that would disagree with the circumstances of yesterday

it is only my oppinion? are you kidding im sure when the killer blow is needed a coach with balls notices that, iaquinta wasnt doing anything anymore as he was too tired.

as for del piero he did have an impact but what more could he do in the 15 minutes he was on with teamates that had nothing left in the tank.

once again i didnt really see marco do too much defensively, even so they were a man down so an attacking sub was ok to use, even though i do think giovinco couldve held the ball up a lot more than marco as couldve del piero which is something we lacked, and thus cancels out marco's supposed defensive presence.

Buy on AliExpress.com

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
:agree: but did marco really do that much defensively?
In my opinion yes, the Milan effieciency in right flank should tell you that. I agree with the opinion that he should've been subbed out at the moment Grygera was moved though, cause in attack he was really bad, apart from one cross that ended up as a waste by Camo..

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
:agree: but did marco really do that much defensively?
just watch the game again and i give you the situation ... watch for the situation he was on the left wing with amauri with him and he tries to feed the ball to a onrushing player of us, but our player slips and a counter attack is played.

the ball is played by milan directly from the defense to kaka who is on their right side in the midfield and guess who is right 1 m behind kaka harassing him from the back ... yes marchionni who just gave the pass that did not find its target a few seconds before.

alex, gio and camo are little divas ... they are unsatisfied when some trick or dribbling does not work out and they stay where they lost the ball and make a grimmy face, but people like molinaro and marchionni do try something (like a pass) and if it does not work out they immediately sprint to help cover the defense. you could say that they are not disappointed and don't stop giving their all, because they are used to that (failure in passing, dribbling etc), but nonetheless you can use such players better to make space rare for the opposing team.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
even though i didnt really think marco did too much defensively.

but nontheless when the sub couldve been used when they were a man down and tired it wasnt used and i beleived it cost us the match TBH. i dont know about you but im not happy with a draw.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Blah Blah Blah. Do I need to explain myself or provide you with valid explanations oh wise owl? I have done that in the past, and I do not wish to repeat myself again.

As I said, not everything is as simplistic and logical as you make it out to be. We are humans, and not robots, otherwise we would all conform to some form of rational thinking without ever resorting to emotions. Life is not that straightforward or that simple.

Regarding your Bush comments, I find that simply appaliing! Try to explain that to the many families who have lost loved ones, either directly or indirectly, through his flawed policies. But then again, you are probably going to counter with the argument that everyone has their reasons and we should rationalize and try to understand them. I wonder if someone decided to take out one of your family members, or incurred harm upon you, would you be as rational and logical as this? Would you wax lyrical about reasoning and attempt to analyze the situation?

You fail to even counter the points that are raised, and your argument is both pathetic and weak.

Regarding the potential red card, the fact of the matter remians that it never happened. The difference between a coach with guts and one without was evident last nite. Ever heard of the saying with greater risks come greater rewards? Had Ranieri put Giovinco on for the final minutes, we wouldn't even be having this argument. The fact of the matter is it would have been a calculated risk, not even a major one. It might have even reignited Giovinco's belief that the club actually gives a toss about him by asking him to come on and alter the outcome of a huge game such as this; if anything, it would have been a massive boost to his confidence and morale. However, you don't understand these concepts in your ideal world or rationality and reason.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
just watch the game again and i give you the situation ... watch for the situation he was on the left wing with amauri with him and he tries to feed the ball to a onrushing player of us, but our player slips and a counter attack is played.

the ball is played by milan directly from the defense to kaka who is on their right side in the midfield and guess who is right 1 m behind kaka harassing him from the back ... yes marchionni who just gave the pass that did not find its target a few seconds before.

alex, gio and camo are little divas ... they are unsatisfied when some trick or dribbling does not work out and they stay where they lost the ball and make a grimmy face, but people like molinaro and marchionni do try something (like a pass) and if it does not work out they immediately sprint to help cover the defense. you could say that they are not disappointed and stay where they lost the ball, because they are used to that, but nonetheless you can use such players better to make space rare for the opposing team.
little divas? molinaro pass?

please my friend you clearly understand nothing of football to claim that camo the one who set up the goal and alex well nothing needs to be said about him as his stats speak for themselves and giovinco clearly who needs time to flourish, are all little divas. that made me laugh...

once again and i keep saying it that still does not justify ranieri for not making that sub.....and in turn thats the point i want to get across.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
this team needs a shock it's obvious...but it's too late to do that...so let's pray we get the 3rd spot..then hope the summer will bring us besides world class players, a new coach.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Blah Blah Blah. Do I need to explain myself or provide you with valid explanations oh wise owl? I have done that in the past, and I do not wish to repeat myself again.
you do not need to,

you're talking about emotional influences, when it is exactly that what a coach is NOT supposed to do. emotional rather then rational reasonable actions ...

i'll make a long story short: have a seat next to andy & vinman

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
you do not need to,

you're talking about emotional influences, when it is exactly that what a coach is NOT supposed to do. emotional rather then rational reasonable actions ...

i'll make a long story short: have a seat next to andy & vinman
haha our coach surely doesnt keep alex and trez out because of emotional reasons :andyandbarcelona:

so you still dont have a real argument for why ranieri didnt make that sub?

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I would rather engage in intelligent conversation with Andy, then play Counter Strike :p

Zoom Zoom Zap. Hold on, aren't you one of the FM gurus on here as well? :sigh:
dont worry mate the fact he called the great alex del piero a little divas shows his footballing knowledge and the respect he has for one of the greatest players to ever grace this shirt.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
haha our coach surely doesnt keep alex and trez out because of emotional reasons :andyandbarcelona:
i really don't care what you think about that. you obviously missed that milan had a hard time coping with the physical power of amauri and iaquinta

so you still dont have a real argument for why ranieri didnt make that sub?
do i need to have one ? am i ranieri ? i already explained what the reason could have been, but i do not give any warranty on that...

i do not need to agree with people, to understand possible motives and respect their actions ...

that is something widely regarded as tolerance...

you can look that word up in the dictionary if you want

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
i really don't care what you think about that. you obviously missed that milan had a hard time coping with the physical power of amauri and iaquinta

do i need to have one ? am i ranieri ? i already explained what the reason could have been, but i do not give any warranty on that...

i do not need to agree with people, to understand possible motives and respect their actions ...

that is something widely regarded as tolerance...

you can look that word up in the dictionary if you want
ok thats fine, but you dont have to call them divas or whatever you called them, that was plain childish.

haha no your not ranieri but you decided to start an argument that you couldnt finish.
my friend i know exactly what tolerance is and TBH i can tolerate stupid coments about certain legends of the game like the one you said previously...

:tup:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
The fact remains, whether it be Lippi, Ranieri, Wenger or Zohan, every coach has their favorite(s) player(s). Hence, his argument pertaining to coaches not engaging in any emotional bias is rendered meaningless.

Let me see how he attempts to justify starting Marchionni all the time, even though he contributes nothing to the team. What about Lippi not picking Cassano, or Domenech not selecting Trezeguet? I am sure there is a logical explanation for that. If he even bothers to read the crap that spews out of Ranieri's match after every post match interview, he would learn to keep quiet and crawl into a hole somewhere, because the reasons and justifications that are provided by our oh so great coach are farcical at best.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
The fact remains, whether it be Lippi, Ranieri, Wenger or Zohan, every coach has their favorite(s) player(s). Hence, his argument pertaining to coaches not engaging in any emotional bias is rendered meaningless.

Let me see how he attempts to justify starting Marchionni all the time, even though he contributes nothing to the team. What about Lippi not picking Cassano, or Domenech not selecting Trezeguet? I am sure there is a logical explanation for that. If he even bothers to read the crap that spews out of Ranieri's match after every post match interview, he would learn to keep quiet and crawl into a hole somewhere, because the reasons and justifications that are provided by our oh so great coach are farcical at best.
:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)