[Serie A. 7th round] Empoli 0-3 JUVENTUS [2nd October, 2016] (2 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Higuain

• Alex Sandro

• Dybala

• Cuadrado

• Pjanic

• Hernanes

Results are only viewable after voting.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Nesta :lol:

Plays one good game that entire season in the CL. He was done and dusted in the league.

Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini was far better than Nesta-Silva

As shown by 20 goals against - 33 goals against. It was also shown at the Euros that summer.
Nesta when fit was least of their problems. the problem was he didnt play nearly enough as he should (16 starts out of 38, ~1400 minutes out of ~3400). same with Zambrotta who only started in 10 games and played less than 1000 minutes. ofcourse they were both past it, but even in that condition miles ahead over their replacements in that Milan team (Mexes, Yepes, Bonera, Antonini). the only defenders that started consistently were Silva and Abate, and they both still didnt play more than 30 games. it was the same in midfield, they simply had too many injuries to key players to keep up with us in Serie A while at the same time having to play in CL (went out undeservedly against Barcelona)

another thing, you guys forgot Buffon. hes about 2 times better than Abbiati, 3x when on form, so another + for our defense over theirs

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
That Nesta that put Messi in his backpocket only started 16 out of 38 games that season though. Zambrotta only 10. even Silva missed 11 league games that season and they more than often had to play guys like Antonini, Mexes, Yepes. Abate was a starter for them that season. On paper maybe it's true, in reality it wasnt as good as our backline
It was a beautiful season :touched:

- - - Updated - - -

Nesta :lol:

Plays one good game that entire season in the CL. He was done and dusted in the league.

Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini was far better than Nesta-Silva

As shown by 20 goals against - 33 goals against. It was also shown at the Euros that summer.
It's not fair comparing them, because the Milanese duo barely played over half the season together. And honestly, I'd take that pairing along with solid full backs over Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini and wingbacks any day.

- - - Updated - - -

another thing, you guys forgot Buffon. hes about 2 times better than Abbiati, 3x when on form, so another + for our defense over theirs
:tup:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It was a beautiful season :touched:

- - - Updated - - -

It's not fair comparing them, because the Milanese duo barely played over half the season together. And honestly, I'd take that pairing along with solid full backs over Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini and wingbacks any day.

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:
That's because you smoke too much dope and it has addled your brain to the point of retardation. Silva and a 37 year old Nesta over Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini. :sergio:

Back to ignore list for Fr3sh

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
That's because you smoke too much dope and it has addled your brain to the point of retardation. Silva and a 37 year old Nesta over Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini. :sergio:

Back to ignore list for Fr3sh
This guy....

You're not being serious. You're isolating them and comparing them on their own, while I'm saying for Juventus at THAT time, I'd take a pairing of Nesta along with Silva, over our trio.

With that duo, they would be RESTRICTED to defending and ONLY defending, and they are a WORLD CLASS pairing. With competent fullbacks and that MVP midfield we had, we'd be A LOT more potent, then if we played in a 3-5-2 with our current defensive trio.

Also, you're being a complete piece of shit, no need for your petty name calling, if you believe otherwise, say what you gotta say and leave it at that. Keep me on that ignore, I don't need your negativity.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
This guy....

You're not being serious. You're isolating them and comparing them on their own, while I'm saying for Juventus at THAT time, I'd take a pairing of Nesta along with Silva, over our trio.

With that duo, they would be RESTRICTED to defending and ONLY defending, and they are a WORLD CLASS pairing. With competent fullbacks and that MVP midfield we had, we'd be A LOT more potent, then if we played in a 3-5-2 with our current defensive trio.

Also, you're being a complete piece of shit, no need for your petty name calling, if you believe otherwise, say what you gotta say and leave it at that. Keep me on that ignore, I don't need your negativity.
I'd argue that Evra-BonBon-Barzagli-Alves could compete with that pairing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)