[Serie A. 5th round] JUVENTUS 4-0 Cagliari [21st September, 2016] (5 Viewers)

Jun 6, 2015
You got to feel for the guy. Moved to a trainwreck inter, and actually had one good year there. He then gets the opportunity to play for Juventus, but brought in as a disappointing signing vs. since fans expected a bigger name. From day 1, he was the panic buy that Inter didn't want. It completely ignored his merits as Lazio's best player a couple seasons before. And given that he is an intelligent midfielder, he wouldn't experience a crippling decline (like a winger, for instance) in just 2 seasons. He then rode the bench for most of the year, playing in one of the deepest midfields in football. I think it is fair to say, he hasn't had the easiest ride in terms of opportunities here.
He didn't do anything to deserve those changes though last season apart from couple of encouraging games towards the end of the season and more importantly when fit Marchisio has that position on lock down.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We need to be honest. Lemina has been great at CDM and B2B. Pjanic at lcm is mandatory when fit. Khedira playing rcm is mandatory when fit. Hernanes had the best performance of a CDM this season so far at juve.

All these players should be ahead of Asamoah in the picking order.
definitely. a fit Marchisio + a good Hernanes would free up Lemina to play as a btb much more so Asamoah is even less needed, especially once Sturaro returns. unless we get serious injury problems we are well covered in the middle

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
definitely. a fit Marchisio + a good Hernanes would free up Lemina to play as a btb much more so Asamoah is even less needed, especially once Sturaro returns. unless we get serious injury problems we are well covered in the middle
Yeah, we are getting a good idea of which players perform where

CDM : Marchisio - Hernanes - Lemina - Pjanic
CM : Pjanic - Khedira - Lemina - Asamoah

italic : not ideal for the team so far
yet to rate : Hernanes and Sturaro at cm

If we rotate with those findings in mind, we are cool

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Can we say that Pjanic had a subpar game, yet still made incredible contribution to the result, showcasing the absolute need to play him at lcm and have Marchisio/Hernanes/Lemina at cdm ?

Cause sorry, but even at this questionable performance, i agree, he still had a baffeling output
but what is this really worth if you do not do stepovers, unnecessarily take on two or three players at once to show off, cry about every team mate else not being good enough and posting dab'ing on instagram after the game ? i think we really lack the retard presence on and off the pitch after we sold the best centre midfielder on the world this summer. now he is banging in goals in england and elevating manchester united onto another level, while we only manage to score 4 against cagliari which does not really count (as i learned today from JCK).

we just have to hope that the italian federation does not get notified that games against teams like cagliari do not really count or they might be inclined to only reward us for 1 or 2 points for the win instead of the magnificent 3 points we would have gotten for a proper win against inter.
you know the scudetto is automatically won if you win against your 2 other competitors like napoli or inter and not by winning the other 34 games against scrub clubs of the league.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You got to feel for the guy. Moved to a trainwreck inter, and actually had one good year there. He then gets the opportunity to play for Juventus, but brought in as a disappointing signing vs. since fans expected a bigger name. From day 1, he was the panic buy that Inter didn't want. It completely ignored his merits as Lazio's best player a couple seasons before. And given that he is an intelligent midfielder, he wouldn't experience a crippling decline (like a winger, for instance) in just 2 seasons. He then rode the bench for most of the year, playing in one of the deepest midfields in football. I think it is fair to say, he hasn't had the easiest ride in terms of opportunities here.
It's nice to give him some positive words for once. But let's get one thing straight. He was never an intelligent midfielder. That's one of his flaws as along as I can remember. At his best he was allways about over dribbling and shooting a lot from midfield. He rarely made smart decisions but had a routine for him that worked (half the season, rest inconsistent), but still regularly made dumb decisions football iq wise.

What changed for him besides confidence is he lost the explosive step that made the above possible, we signed when he just slowed down a bit and he couldn't really go far from his marker anymore. Even if he was Inters best midfielder he started playing further down because of that. There is a reason he was signed for AM / trequartista but Allegri only needed around 45 mins vs Chievo last seasons early games to realize, nope not happening.

That's why looked like a deer in headlights for us last season, you apply pressure on him and his slow reaction to me coupled with his hero ball type of decision making made him a liability, especially in such a deep position in front of the defence.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
but what is this really worth if you do not do stepovers, unnecessarily take on two or three players at once to show off, cry about every team mate else not being good enough and posting dab'ing on instagram after the game ? i think we really lack the retard presence on and off the pitch after we sold the best centre midfielder on the world this summer. now he is banging in goals in england and elevating manchester united onto another level, while we only manage to score 4 against cagliari which does not really count (as i learned today from JCK).

we just have to hope that the italian federation does not get notified that games against teams like cagliari do not really count or they might be inclined to only reward us for 1 or 2 points for the win instead of the magnificent 3 points we would have gotten for a proper win against inter.
you know the scudetto is automatically won if you win against your 2 other competitors like napoli or inter and not by winning the other 34 games against scrub clubs of the league.
I never thought I'd see it but in the end you managed, you really managed to write the most stupid post in the history of the internet. And do you know what? I am sure that no one but you will be able to break that record. Congratulations.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Max: it’s a good answer to the rather excessive criticism of our performance on Sunday against Inter
Max yesterday: I think Inter - Juventus on Sunday evening was one of the ugliest games on a technical level in the last 30 years

:think:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yeah that was an awful post.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
What I find more awful is that I actually read it but not to get his point, I read it only to see if he will ever make sense or say something non cynical for once.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
I never thought I'd see it but in the end you managed, you really managed to write the most stupid post in the history of the internet. And do you know what? I am sure that no one but you will be able to break that record. Congratulations.
oh, that was all i was hoping for. i mean i had strong competition by you posting "did we sign somebody yet" into 10 different threads every hour when the transfer window was still open. i am glad to be able to achieve to one-up somebody with your fine intelligence and a very wide range of possible posts that range from "did we sign somebody yet" and "the midfield is weak, we are doomed". i am already very excited to see which one of those two options will be the next of your very interesting posts.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I'm the worst jinx ever: This season I've only watched the Sevilla & Inter games in full, the only Juve goal I've seen has been Licht's against Inter :D

Today I watched exactly from the 45th to the 82nd minute - missing both Alves' & Lemina's goal by one minute :lol:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
oh, that was all i was hoping for. i mean i had strong competition by you posting "did we sign somebody yet" into 10 different threads every hour when the transfer window was still open. i am glad to be able to achieve to one-up somebody with your fine intelligence and a very wide range of possible posts that range from "did we sign somebody yet" and "the midfield is weak, we are doomed". i am already very excited to see which one of those two options will be the next of your very interesting posts.
Only one thread and I never said we are doomed, you keep struggling in shit that everything you say is full of shit all the time. How can you stand being you?

Satchy

Nov 4, 2004
There's no denying that you contribute nothing to anything Juve related. There was never constructive criticism in any of your trillion posts per day but annoying pessimistic whining in every other post. No insult intended.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
There's no denying that you contribute nothing to anything Juve related. There was never constructive criticism in any of your trillion posts per day but annoying pessimistic whining in every other post. No insult intended.
Who are you again?

Mus™

Mar 16, 2009
Get over it, he is gone. You sound like an upset ex girlfriend

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)