[Serie A. 5th round] JUVENTUS 4-0 Cagliari [21st September, 2016] (4 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I think we will be alright against cagliari because they dont have any imposing tough tackling midfielders. They will probably still make life hard for us, but thats more us making life hard for ourselves than them.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Boo hoo 352 so bad :cry:

i really hope we play a 433 today and win it like 7:0,
just so i could point out it means dogshit because it was only cagliari.

Jun 6, 2015

I'm hoping we'll play 2-2-2-4. It's time to drop those "negative" Italian tactics and everything else that is Italian because we certainly don't support a club from Italy.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Tonight is the night that more members will realise how weak this team is.
You really think this team is weak?

It's on a totally different level than the giants Sassuolo that we have been measuring our standards to. That win against Sassuolo must have been one hell of an achievement.
Whoever said that must have exaggerated to make a point like you did in the above post, Jack.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

We're one of the few teams that can pull off a 3-5-2. But to be honest it really doesn't hurt to have other possibities. Imo it's a very rigid system that doesn't always allow for the maximal potential of individual players. The only ones who have some amount of freedom are the three central midfielders really.

Mar 3, 2014
Jesus $#@!ing christ

Play Pjanic as a mezzala and have a guy like Lemina or Hernanes hold the mid instead of injured Marchisio. So he can be close to dybala, so he doesnt have to drop as deep, so the forward isnt isolated.
Doesnt even matter which of our wingers play, but at least one offensive one is greatly beneficial.

That works.

Play Pjanic much deeper without another passeur close, Dybala needs to come too deep against fiercly aggressive teams; Play double defensive wings without pjanic or a playmaker... and you get problems
Not that much when the team is in full sync, but alot when it isnt.

A 3-5-2 is incredibly depending on how you field which players where.

Reason i mention Sassuolo, is because we fielded the correct players in the correct positions, and it was total rampage.
Exactly this - the 3-5-2 isn't some offensive vacuum. It depends on your players. For one because of the lack of dedicated offensive wingers and creative midfielders (TQ), you need you other players to compensate.

If you play a 3-5-2 with Angel Di Maria as your LM and Juan Cuadrado as your RM than if your RM/LM are Evra & Lichtsteiner. In a 3-5-2, IMO you need players who are very versatile. Your SS needs to be a very good playmaker, while your striker needs to be good at hold-up play, and beating the line. You don't have dedicated offensive wide player, so your striker needs to be able move effectively, and why Llorente was such a flop. Your CBs should be quicker because they need to compensate for fullbacks, and should be above average with the ball at their feet. Your central CB must be able to double as a midfielder occasionally. IMO one dimensional players are detrimental to the 3-5-2.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Fucking try something slightly different for fucks sake

We could roll over Cagliarli playing a 3-4-3 diamond.

Get a plan B together man. Try a 4-4-2 with Cuadrado and Pjaca, benching a defender and central midfielder. Try a 4-3-2-1, try SOMETHING ELSE.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm hoping we'll play 2-2-2-4. It's time to drop those "negative" Italian tactics and everything else that is Italian because we certainly don't support a club from Italy.
Good old Hyperbole, news flash lads. The CL is made up of teams outside of Italy too.

Just because some people don't think we need to grab a goal against no hoper opposition then sit back for 50 minutes doesn't mean anybody thinks we should play like a fucking Zeman led team.

What's wrong with trying a slightly more offensive game plan? Nothing, seeing as the clubs who actually, you know, win the CL and regularly come close all happen to play quite offensive line ups. And what's more is that teams like Bayern are right around Juve with the best defensive records in Europe over the last 4-5 Seasons. Despite not grabbing 1 goal against Hertha Berlin and letting them keep the ball afterwards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)