[Serie A. 5th round] JUVENTUS 4-0 Cagliari [21st September, 2016] (5 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Formation imposes player selection, doesn't it?
Jesus fucking christ

Play Pjanic as a mezzala and have a guy like Lemina or Hernanes hold the mid instead of injured Marchisio. So he can be close to dybala, so he doesnt have to drop as deep, so the forward isnt isolated.
Doesnt even matter which of our wingers play, but at least one offensive one is greatly beneficial.

That works.

Play Pjanic much deeper without another passeur close, Dybala needs to come too deep against fiercly aggressive teams; Play double defensive wings without pjanic or a playmaker... and you get problems
Not that much when the team is in full sync, but alot when it isnt.

A 3-5-2 is incredibly depending on how you field which players where.

Reason i mention Sassuolo, is because we fielded the correct players in the correct positions, and it was total rampage.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
-----------------------------Buffon

------------------Rugani - Bonucci - Chiellini

Cuadradow - Asamoah - Lemina - Pjanic - Sandro

------------------------Pjaca - Higuain

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Jesus fucking christ

Play Pjanic as a mezzala and have a guy like Lemina or Hernanes hold the mid instead of injured Marchisio. So he can be close to dybala, so he doesnt have to drop as deep, so the forward isnt isolated.
Doesnt even matter which of our wingers play, but at least one offensive one is greatly beneficial.

That works.

Play Pjanic much deeper without another passeur close, Dybala needs to come too deep against fiercly aggressive teams; Play double defensive wings without pjanic or a playmaker... and you get problems
Not that much when the team is in full sync, but alot when it isnt.

A 3-5-2 is incredibly depending on how you field which players where.

Reason i mention Sassuolo, is because we fielded the correct players in the correct positions, and it was total rampage.
You don't need to be a genius to know that Sandro is a must and Pjanic shouldn't be a regista.

I thought that was obvious.

And I never said that 3-5-2 doesn't work, I just think that 4-3-1-2, 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3 would work better.

Don't see the point of having an extra CB.

Vs weak Serie A teams we have most of the possesion and it's not like they have a chance anyway. While in CL teams like Bayern and Barca don't give a shit how many CBs you play, they will score past you anyway.

You can come up with Atletico Madrid (not the stronger Athletic Bilbao.. had to do it sorry :D) and their defense, but even they don't play with 3 CBs.

There's a reason that every top team out there plays with 4 at the back.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You don't need to be a genius to know that Sandro is a must and Pjanic shouldn't be a regista.

I thought that was obvious.

And I never said that 3-5-2 doesn't work, I just think that 4-3-1-2, 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3 would work better.

Don't see the point of having an extra CB.

Vs weak Serie A teams we have most of the possesion and it's not like they have a chance anyway. While in CL teams like Bayern and Barca don't give a shit how many CBs you play, they will score past you anyway.

You can come up with Atletico Madrid (not the stronger Athletic Bilbao.. had to do it sorry :D) and their defense, but even they don't play with 3 CBs.

There's a reason that every top team out there plays with 4 at the back.
I'll break it up with in sections, aight ?

1) I agree, but Allegri explained all that. Lemina was rested cause he didnt want to overly pressure. Pjanic he considers a mezzala but played deeper to rotate others
2) agree to disagree
3) 3-5-2 is mightly good at containihg
4) Its the best fitting formation and we are mighty good with it. Our defence is the strongest in the world, and if a team like bayern, barcelona or real presses, we can press back

You hugely underestimate this juventus team.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yeah, let's bench Chiello. :andyandbarcelona:

He always has a slow start, and despite all his fuck ups, i'd NEVER bench him for a big game.

In a back 4 Bonucci/Chiello are still my to go CB's.
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Lets play all of our right wingbacks!

Buffon
Lichtsteiner Barzagli Bonucci Sandro
Alves Lemina Pjanic
Cuadrado dyb
Higuain
all right and left wingbacks + wingers

Licht Bonucci Evra
Dani Alves Lemina Pjanic Alex Sandro
Cuadrado Higuain Pjaca​

- - - Updated - - -

forgot Asa, his secondary position is LWB. bench one of Pjanic, Lemina for him

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I'll break it up with in sections, aight ?

1) I agree, but Allegri explained all that. Lemina was rested cause he didnt want to overly pressure. Pjanic he considers a mezzala but played deeper to rotate others
2) agree to disagree
3) 3-5-2 is mightly good at containihg
4) Its the best fitting formation and we are mighty good with it. Our defence is the strongest in the world, and if a team like bayern, barcelona or real presses, we can press back

You hugely underestimate this juventus team.
Funny thing is that the best games we played in CL were when we didn't play 3-5-2.

Even Conte switched to a back 4 in CL, wonder why?

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Did Allegri really try out those other formations or is it bs? I find it hard to believe he'd field anything but 352.

Also I wouldn't get too hang up on formations, they are a bit overrated, all it takes is 1 or 2 technically skilled players having a good day and raping time is on. 3-5-2 is more than enough to beat anyone in Serie A if we have the right attitude and stop giving the ball away every second.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Did Allegri really try out those other formations or is it bs? I find it hard to believe he'd field anything but 352.

Also I wouldn't get too hang up on formations, they are a bit overrated, all it takes is 1 or 2 technically skilled players having a good day and raping time is on. 3-5-2 is more than enough to beat anyone in Serie A if we have the right attitude and stop giving the ball away every second.

I thought he was going to go the 4-3-3 route, but once he said that Rugani was starting that pretty much confirmed he's staying with the 3-5-2. Like you said, it's less about the "numbers" and more about choosing the right players, the players having the right mentality and not taking games lightly.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Predicted line up according to Gazzetta an TJ:
Buffon
Rugani-Barza-Chiello
Alves-Lemina-Hernanes-Pjanic-Sandro
Dybala-Higuain

- - - Updated - - -

Buffon
Rugani-Barza-Chiello
Dybala-Higuain

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I like that team.

I also like 352 when using adequate players. We actually didnt have them a few years ago as we have now.

What I dont like is the fear our coaches have of getting away from that scheme. It's only justifiable when the back 3 are on top form AND midfield manages to protect defense. But it's very clear they are scared to death to use other formations, and that is not good or healthy. Specially when we have guys like Pjaca and Cuadrado who can perfectly complement a string of 3 forwards.

IMO, the current biggest issue we have is, considering Allegri will start making correct selections, will Khedira-Pjanic offer decent protection in the midfield when we don't have the ball? Khedira is completely offensive oriented, and Pjanic we all know cant really defend properly.

Tbh, Pogba's defensive work was underlooked and we miss it. We'll need Lemina to absolutely kill as a DM when covering if we want this to work. He's vital.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I'm curious to see Cuadrado as a CM. I think he'd do it pretty well, replacing the work Khedira did, with less intelligence on the offensive movement, but with better work in the defensive end. Cuadrado-Alves on the right would be awesome.

I'd like to see a Lemina - Pjanic - Cuadrado midfield.

It's likely Allegri goes the Hernanes - Pjanic - Lemina route, but I think there's still a chance he uses Cuadrado in the midfield.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011

I thought he was going to go the 4-3-3 route, but once he said that Rugani was starting that pretty much confirmed he's staying with the 3-5-2. Like you said, it's less about the "numbers" and more about choosing the right players, the players having the right mentality and not taking games lightly.
:agree: Mentality was very poor last couple of matches, they need some hunger and starting the strongest team will make a big difference too. You could see how much better the team looked vs Sevilla when Sandro and Pjanic came on.

Buffon
Rugani-Barza-Chiello
Dybala-Higuain
No Asamoah :tup:

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Buffon
Rugani-Barza-Chiello
Dybala-Higuain

- - - Updated - - -

Buffon
Rugani-Barza-Chiello
Dybala-Higuain
Dybala plays all games for us and for Argentina too (before the red) so he is playing non stop.Allegri assume this as a must win.

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
Yeah, let's bench Chiello. :andyandbarcelona:

He always has a slow start, and despite all his fuck ups, i'd NEVER bench him for a big game.

In a back 4 Bonucci/Chiello are still my to go CB's.
With Benatia keep impressing it hard not to..
Thankfully/too bad Benatia got 1month injury, and yeah the very idea of bench Chiellini is retarded to say the least..

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)