[Serie A. 5th round] JUVENTUS 4-0 Cagliari [21st September, 2016] (12 Viewers)

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Just because it is limiting us it doesn't mean that it is our biggest problem.
2nd biggest.

But since we can't fix our biggest problem which is the midfield, at least until Marchisio returns we might as well try to not have Chiellini as a playmaker.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Midfield is not weak, they play weak but they can do better and it's not the formation change that will solve it. Khedira, Asamoah, Pjanic, Lemina are all players who have the potential to play good but they were like sheep in the mist during the game with Inter. It was for a reason that Allegri said it was the worst game in the last 30 years between Inter and Juve regarding the technical aspect. I think that it's mostly due to the fact that Pjanic hasn't yet adjusted to our team and the concentration levels were low for some reason.
They'll need to show they can do better, especially Asa. Hopefully his dreadful performances won't be a trend. In regards to the formation, I'm just making a case that we have many skillful options offensively, making use of more of them instead of playing an additional defenders could help us having a better game against teams such as Cagliari. 3-5-2 gets the job done but there are instances where changing formation and adapting might be appropriate. I'm not saying it will help the midfield.

- - - Updated - - -

Just because it is limiting us it doesn't mean that it is our biggest problem.
It isn't our biggest.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Let me see.
1- our whole in the midfield
2- Allegri insisting not to field his best 11
3- Pjanic having to play as regista, making Dybala come way back
4- 3-5-2

- - - Updated - - -

No it is not, devoting a lot of time and energy bitching about it kind of elevates its rank, don't you think?
I simply pointed out my preference that's all. We can't do much about the state of our midfield, formations can be changed tho. With what we have upfront it's kind of a shame.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Pjanic, lemina, khedira absolutely tore sassuolo apart.

But suddenly we got a problem and a hole in the midfield :lol:

Allegri rotates pjanic or moves him to a much less efficient position, but its the cb's that limit us :lol:

Oh man, these peasants sometimes. Allegri explained himself, one doesnt need to agree, but it was easy to understand now, and need to panic is gone. :lol:

But hey, shittons of talent, but if we play 352 well suck :lol:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I simply pointed out my preference that's all. We can't do much about the state of our midfield, formations can be changed tho. With what we have upfront it's kind of a shame.
It's fair. Just please don't do it over and over again. Some posters really think ditching 3-5-2 will even cure Beppe's baldness.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Let me see.
1- our whole in the midfield
2- Allegri insisting not to field his best 11
3- Pjanic having to play as regista, making Dybala come way back
4- 3-5-2

- - - Updated - - -

No it is not, devoting a lot of time and energy bitching about it kind of elevates its rank, don't you think?
I agree with the first part of your post, by the way. But these points also get criticized significantly.

- - - Updated - - -

It's fair. Just please don't do it over and over again. Some posters really think ditching 3-5-2 will even cure Beppe's baldness.
Fair enough, I think the Back 3 vs. Back 4 thing gets brought on a lot since not everyone agrees.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Yeah, let's bench Chiello. :andyandbarcelona:

He always has a slow start, and despite all his fuck ups, i'd NEVER bench him for a big game.

In a back 4 Bonucci/Chiello are still my to go CB's.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Yeah, let's bench Chiello. :andyandbarcelona:

He always has a slow start, and despite all his fuck ups, i'd NEVER bench him for a big game.

In a back 4 Bonucci/Chiello are still my to go CB's.
:agree: especially in CL

How can one not love his slips and penalties?

But let's not go OT.

Forza not 3-5-2 tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)