[Serie A, 38th round] Juventus 5-0 Sampdoria [14th May, 2016] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
This is Russia vs Egypt argument on footballing level. Why would you talk about Soviets as Russian only acheivement when it was comprised of dozen of nations, and most of the better players came from Ukraine? Who cares if Russia took on the debt and were given the acheivements on the record as successors, thats just academical novelty. They werent Russian only acheivements because Ukranians and other nationalities acheived them too, and thats a fact.
Russia was in SF of EUROs in 2008 to be fair

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
In what way is Egypt bigger than Russia?
Fairly subjective on either side, but they won multiple times the AFCON, and their clubs have great international and continental history. I also feel like there's more of a football culture there. Now at the moment Russia is miles ahead of Egypt tho, but historically, I'm not sure of that.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Fairly subjective on either side, but they won multiple times the AFCON, and their clubs have great international and continental history. I also feel like there's more of a football culture there. Now at the moment Russia is miles ahead of Egypt tho, but historically, I'm not sure of that.
In Africa. Russia would win the African cup atleast 10 times by now. How many times did they qualify for a world cup?

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
In Africa. Russia would win the African cup atleast 10 times by now. How many times did they qualify for a world cup?
I don't think that's how it works. For example, if we're being objective, Algeria are better than Russia (at the moment), and they haven't won it recently either. Competition in Africa is clearly of lesser level compared to Europe and SA, but there's a lot of sides with similar levels making it competitive.

Otherwise, the fact Egypt only have one world cup appearance does show they are not all that either, that's a good point. World cup complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)