[Serie A, 2nd round] Lazio 0-1 JUVENTUS [27th August, 2016] (3 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
benatia (mom), khedira, dybala had a good match

asabob was awful and sloppy at times, just like lemina

we looked like a preseason team. sassuolo are definitely ahead of us in terms of preparation, we need to step up our game.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Not great but 3pts against a Lazio team who I think will do well this year.

Benatia was superb, Chiellini was great in the second half and once again Khedira's movement causes problems.

Midfield wasn't great but improved as we went on.

Happy to see Pjaca get some mins.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Buffon 6.0

Benatia 6.5
Barzagli 6.5
Chiellini 7.0

Dani Alves 6.0
Khedira 7.5
Lemina 5.5
Asamoah 6.0
Alex Sandro 6.0

Dybala 6.5
Mandzukic 6.0

Subs:
Higuain 6.0
Lichtsteiner 6.5
Pjaca N/A

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
The game was horrible,Lazio probably deserve a draw. I like how Benatia played, really looked comfortable and his challenges were clean. Dybala is trying hard to get the creativity going, keep on dropping deep to get some attack going.
Alves is no Curadrado, he tries to much of his fancy tricks, nothing worked today. Looking at Conte didn't call Cuadrado for todays game vs Burnley earlier, i guess it's just a matter of time for Cuadrado.
Asamoah and Lemina, they can't pull the strings. Khedira he scored, had a few chances but i don't see his contribution in the middle of the park or defensively. I think's it's also huge responsibility on Lemina to be the orchestra and the same time be that defensive shield. He probably need to play to next to Marchi or Pjanic for him.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
Alot of disapointing performances tonight: asa, lemina, sandro , dybala where all poor! Thank god khedira is awsome and delivers!

Fantastic start to the season against two tough opponents

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I thought we looked pretty good considering the extent to which our team had been changed up. Main plusses were;

Benatia: His tackling was very good. With time he will learn to move as our three main CBs have. Superb signing, can't believe a guy like that will be on the bench most of the season.
Dybala: Loved his hunger to get a hold of the ball, even if it meant dropping deep. In actual fact this disadvantaged our attack because he wasn't there. Still though I liked his attitude.
Alex Sandro: Everybody else looked sluggish but this guy was running like Lichtsteiner the whole game. Impressive.

Lazio looked good - very well organised and some of their players impressed me in individual moments too. I expect them to challenge for third this year.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
I think its a bit hard for Lemina to straight away be our main midfielder pulling all the strings when he was only a backup last season and seeing how he has never that great at passing, I prefer him as a box to box because of his aggressiveness rather than trying to try be the guy pulling the strings, when we have no Pjanic and Marchi and no other DM's with real passing ability is brought in, I say play with Sami and Asa/Lemina and put in Pjaca Dybala and Higuain and play 3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2, use Pjaca as the Treq..

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Fantastic start to the season against two tough opponents
Yeah this really has to be said. Two very tough opponents, probably the toughest in the league when it comes to physicality and how they close down spaces. Just very difficult to play against Viola and Lazio. So happy to have gotten 6 points, and with that we're off to a tremendous start.

That first half of ours was incredibly poor, though, no getting around that.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
$#@! game but all that matters right now are those 3 points. Pjaca turned me on a little. We look so much better with Gonzalo's runs. We will look better with Pjanic.
Lol! Yeah he did didn't he..and that Dybala pass spank worthy.. thought mendzukic should have done better looked a little off..but pjaca was better than I anticipated spot on with Gonzalo..
Most importantly happy to see that back 3 combo working flawlessly..now we can rotate and keep the CBs fresh for CL

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Hi I missed the game but good to know we won
Anyone got highlights to share?
Also how were Higuain and Pjaca - I know Higuain didnt start well as I read it but dont know how he continue.. Also Pjaca how much minutes did he play?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We're so terrible that we beat Viola and Lazio to start the season.

With Marchisio out, Pjanic out, and Higuain not yet integrated into the starting line-up.

So terrible. :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)