[Serie A, 29th round] Juventus 1-0 Sassuolo [11th March, 2016] (2 Viewers)

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
Are Bayern having their game on Friday too? If not we look like total pussies.
I can see they press us from the get-go. They don't do that easily with any other teams even at Bayern stadium. Just watch the game with Mainz for example. And quality wise, our team is just as good as them IF we attack them fair and square rather than defense, defense, defense. The thing is attackers can make mistakes but defenders cannot do that. And every defense, including the great Baresi, Maldini, Nesta, Canna, Thuram, etc. will eventually make at least one mistake. And that's all Mueller, Robben, Lewan and the co. need.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I can see they press us from the get-go. They don't do that easily with any other teams even at Bayern stadium. Just watch the game with Mainz for example. And quality wise, our team is just as good as them IF we attack them fair and square rather than defense, defense, defense. The thing is attackers can make mistakes but defenders cannot do that. And every defense, including the great Baresi, Maldini, Nesta, Canna, Thuram, etc. will eventually make at least one mistake. And that's all Mueller, Robben, Lewan and the co. need.
That's all great stuff but I was asking if Bayern are playing a league game on Friday or Saturday.

We're gonna beat this sausage munching bosch, don't worry about that.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Play the best team. We need a convincing win especially against a tricky team like Sassoulo. I'd prioritize Serie A because this is a transition season and we already passed the group stage already. We can secure our objectives by winning the local double and exiting the CL. The Bayern match will be a very difficult task either way and so I wouldn't risk the main priority (Serie A) for an improbable CL run that goes beyond my objectives in the competition.

If this was a group stage match then yes CL takes precedence.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Play the best team. We need a convincing win especially against a tricky team like Sassoulo. I'd prioritize Serie A because this is a transition season and we already passed the group stage already. We can secure our objectives by winning the local double and exiting the CL. The Bayern match will be a very difficult task either way and so I wouldn't risk the main priority (Serie A) for an improbable CL run that goes beyond my objectives in the competition.

If this was a group stage match then yes CL takes precedence.
CL always take precedence, wtf kind of defeated mentality is this?

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
CL always take precedence, wtf kind of defeated mentality is this?
That has nothing to do with mentality. Club has season objectives. We met our European objective but not our Serie A ones yet. The Serie A game is more important now. So we should prioritize Serie A. If we had a 6 point lead then the Bayern match can be prioritized or if this was a group stage match for qualification.

But since we dont have a cushion in Serie A, are playing against a tricky opponent that has just destroyed Milan and have had two underwhelming performances in Serie A, then we should go full force next match. This is not a small unimportant match that we want to win for some record, this is an important match for the title. It should be treated with the same seriousness as the CL tie we have with Bayern if not more.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
That has nothing to do with mentality. Club has season objectives. We met our European objective but not our Serie A ones yet. The Serie A game is more important now. So we should prioritize Serie A. If we had a 6 point lead then the Bayern match can be prioritized or if this was a group stage match for qualification.

But since we dont have a cushion in Serie A, are playing against a tricky opponent that has just destroyed Milan and have had two underwhelming performances in Serie A, then we should go full force next match. This is not a small unimportant match that we want to win for some record, this is an important match for the title. It should be treated with the same seriousness as the CL tie we have with Bayern if not more.
wat

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
wat wat?

What do you take our European objectives to be? I take it to be get past the group stage as minimum and then go as far as you can in knockouts depending on the draw.
In absolute terms you can't say that round of 16 was our objective when the season began.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
In absolute terms you can't say that round of 16 was our objective when the season began.
As a minimum CL objective? Yes and then from there on in it depends on the draw. If we had got Gent for instance then the club would have expected more and so on but the bare minimum that should not be violated is the last 16. Failing to get out of the group is for instance not an acceptable option even if we had gotten the group of death.

My impression is that qualifying from the group is required regardless of how tough the group is ( hence it is the minimum in absolute terms). Going higher than the last 16 is flexible based on the draw (relative terms).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)