[Serie A, 29th round] Juventus 1-0 Sassuolo [11th March, 2016] (6 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
That sounds illogical. So, in injury time, minutes are not counted when he keeps a clean sheet but are counted only when he concedes a goal?
Someone explained it a few days ago, injury time is supposed to make up for minutes of gameplay "lost" during regular time, when the clock runs but the ball is not in play. So it makes up for the time, during which the GK cannot concede either.

Makes sense imo.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Just checked it and you are right so Buffon wont top the list even if there will be 20 minutes of added time!
anyway I dont think it will matter as Sassuolo isnt going to just lay back
Also we seem to choke when we can get something that is unusual (put aside Conte`s undefeated season)
CL finals - only get to the final
Best serie a win in a row cut short in the very end..
Now minutes for Buffon will be cut by Sassuolo
I damn hope I`m wrong but we could only get this record and also win if we play an attacking game and not a boring game like we did with Atalanta!
The same thing as we did against Bayern! We were 2-0 down then we started to play and finished 2-2

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Someone explained it a few days ago, injury time is supposed to make up for minutes of gameplay "lost" during regular time, when the clock runs but the ball is not in play. So it makes up for the time, during which the GK cannot concede either.

Makes sense imo.
Football really just needs to get with the times and stop the clock during longer lapses in play. Not for corners, throw-ins, goal kicks, free kicks, etc.

But the clock should be stopped for injuries, subs, and goals imo. It would keep the game moving along at a decent pace, and remove some of the ridiculous time-wasting antics that happen with faked injuries and players taking 2 minutes to make a sub.

- - - Updated - - -

Makes sense imo.
Football really just needs to get with the times and stop the clock during longer lapses in play. Not for corners, throw-ins, goal kicks, free kicks, etc.

But the clock should be stopped for injuries, subs, and goals imo. It would keep the game moving along at a decent pace, and remove some of the ridiculous time-wasting antics that happen with faked injuries and players taking 2 minutes to make a sub.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Yep, that's actually one of the few changes I can get behind of (fuck video refs).

Only problem is you'd have to then change the length of the game too, to something closer to 60-70 minutes than 90.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Pogba is exhausted, the guy played virtually every game this season. His decline in performance is no coincidence.

Marchisio is the same. When he gets tired, his game goes downhill.

For this game, I'd rest one between Bonucci and Barzagli; both Marchisio and Pogba; and probably Mandzukic.

I'd go with Lemina for Marchisio, Cuadrado as a CM for Pogba.

Buffon - Licht, Bonucci, Rugani, Alex Sandro; Lemina, Cuadrado, Khedira, Pereyra; Dybala, Morata.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Pogba is exhausted, the guy played virtually every game this season. His decline in performance is no coincidence.

Marchisio is the same. When he gets tired, his game goes downhill.

For this game, I'd rest one between Bonucci and Barzagli; both Marchisio and Pogba; and probably Mandzukic.

I'd go with Lemina for Marchisio, Cuadrado as a CM for Pogba.

Buffon - Licht, Bonucci, Rugani, Alex Sandro; Lemina, Cuadrado, Khedira, Pereyra; Dybala, Morata.
This team would find it hard to get a point against Sassuolo. They are a very uncomfortable team to play against I wouldn't rotate too much. An early sub for Pogba would do I guess.

BTW we all know that Pogba and Marchisio will play. The one being rested will be Khedira and maybe Dybala.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I want revenge against these plucky little bastards. I don't think Allegri will rest many players TBH, maybe Dybala and one of the CMs, the rest will be full stength I'd imagine. Sassuolo are a quick, solid, counter attacking team, Sansone and Berardi are two very tricky players to come up against. And I get to see my boy and future Juve RB Vrsaljko in action too :touched:

Anyway, it's important to win and create a +6 over Napoli, although I expect them to easily dispatch of Palermo who are absolutely atrocious.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
This team would find it hard to get a point against Sassuolo. They are a very uncomfortable team to play against I wouldn't rotate too much. An early sub for Pogba would do I guess.

BTW we all know that Pogba and Marchisio will play. The one being rested will be Khedira and maybe Dybala.
Well these rotations are not only to rest the guys. Actually the performance of the team could improve. I don't expect Marchisio and Pogba to do much better than last game, given their level of exhaustion. And if these guys will play like that, we might have other players who can do better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)