[Serie A, 25th round] JUVENTUS 4-1 Palermo [17th February, 2017] (9 Viewers)

vote

• Dybala

• Higuain

• Marchisio

• Asamoah

Results are only viewable after voting.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
The match against Porto will surely be on our minds. And indeed, that match is much more important than this one. We got lucky drawing Porto. Hopefully we pass them and get another lucky draw (say the winner of Sevilla-Leicester). Then, if we make the CL semis anything is possible.

Another important thing, if we do get to the CL semis, will be to have one less concern, which is serie A. If we make a big enough difference in serie A in February and early March, we can allow resting players and we'll lower the risk of getting injuries to important players.

The chance to make that "big enough difference in serie A" is right now. In the next three rounds we play Palermo and Empoli in Turin, and then Udinese away. In these same three rounds Roma goes away to Inter and plays Napoli in Rome. Napoli too have tricky matches against Atalanta and Roma.
We might easily find ourselves with double digit advantage over our closest rivals. Such advantage will be important for what I said above regarding CL.

That's why I don't expect a B squad against Palermo. Allegri is well aware of everything I said here. Plus the match against Palermo is on Friday, while Porto is on Wednesday. Enough time to rest. At most I expect 1-2 changes from the team that won tonight in Cagliari and an easy 2:0 win.
Dybala, Mandžukič and Higuain have been playing nonstop this year, I hope we can find a way to rest at least 2 of them and sub out the third one early if possible. Just noticed that Mandžukič is suspended, so he'll be forced to take a rest. :tup:
Problem is not the how close this match is to Porto, problem is that so far we haven't rested our forwards enough. Palermo have let in 45 goals in 24 games (3rd worst in Serie A), we should be able to put a couple behind them even with a semi-B formation like Garfield proposed.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I'm too lazy to go through with stuff like this myself, but my birthday was 2 weeks ago and one of the sick gifts they suprised me with was tickets to this game (another is vacation in LA, might reschedule that one if Trump order persist).

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I'm too lazy to go through with stuff like this myself, but my birthday was 2 weeks ago and one of the sick gifts they suprised me with was tickets to this game (another is vacation in LA, might reschedule that one if Trump order persist).

Fuck me, where do I get friends like that?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

That's awesome.

OP
Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #25
    :hihi:

- - - Updated - - -

Friday 20:45 disgusting match time for young ppl with a social life
    :cry: @JCK

- - - Updated - - -

RAMI¹⁰;5460773 said:
    Allegri: "Pjaca has had a good game vs Crotone, we will see if he can start vs Palermo as Mandzukic will be suspended."

:D
    It's Piazza time again! :weee:

- - - Updated - - -

Kean

Piazza - Pjanić - Sturaro

Rincon - Lemina

Asamoah - Benatia - Barzagli - Dani Alves

Neto​

Paris1

Jul 6, 2004

Da fuq?! I thought I get spolit, you are spoilt on another level Os.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Another example of how we got absolutely killed by refs in those days, too. That handball by Bovo :lol: It's easy to give decisions against a big team doing poorly, I think people are naturally sadistic :D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    The match against Porto will surely be on our minds. And indeed, that match is much more important than this one. We got lucky drawing Porto. Hopefully we pass them and get another lucky draw (say the winner of Sevilla-Leicester). Then, if we make the CL semis anything is possible.

Another important thing, if we do get to the CL semis, will be to have one less concern, which is serie A. If we make a big enough difference in serie A in February and early March, we can allow resting players and we'll lower the risk of getting injuries to important players.

The chance to make that "big enough difference in serie A" is right now. In the next three rounds we play Palermo and Empoli in Turin, and then Udinese away. In these same three rounds Roma goes away to Inter and plays Napoli in Rome. Napoli too have tricky matches against Atalanta and Roma.
    We might easily find ourselves with double digit advantage over our closest rivals. Such advantage will be important for what I said above regarding CL.

That's why I don't expect a B squad against Palermo. Allegri is well aware of everything I said here. Plus the match against Palermo is on Friday, while Porto is on Wednesday. Enough time to rest. At most I expect 1-2 changes from the team that won tonight in Cagliari and an easy 2:0 win.
    I think this year the race will be a little tighter, as Napoli and Inter are ducking it out and stomping fodder, unlike past years. I can see them tracking us even with us winning most of our games left. I dont think we will have a break from them till the end tbh.

RAMI¹⁰;5460773 said:
    Allegri: "Pjaca has had a good game vs Crotone, we will see if he can start vs Palermo as Mandzukic will be suspended."

:D
    :tuttosport: Its pajaca time indeed

Neto
    Alves Benatia Rugani Asamoah
    Rincon Sturaro
    Dybala Pjanic Pjaca
    Higuain
    The rest its fine and it should suffice with the amount of quality we have on the field. If not, slap them

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
    Dybala, Mandžukič and Higuain have been playing nonstop this year, I hope we can find a way to rest at least 2 of them and sub out the third one early if possible. Just noticed that Mandžukič is suspended, so he'll be forced to take a rest. :tup:
    Problem is not the how close this match is to Porto, problem is that so far we haven't rested our forwards enough. Palermo have let in 45 goals in 24 games (3rd worst in Serie A), we should be able to put a couple behind them even with a semi-B formation like Garfield proposed.
    Dybala doesn't need rest.He was injured 2 + months .He needs games to be constantly good.

OP
    Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #39
    @GiocataGrande I would do the Porto thread but I need permission from @Mark :sad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)