[Serie A, 25th round] Juventus 1-0 Napoli [13th February, 2016] (1 Viewer)

Juve 1 - 0 Garbage Men - 13-Feb-2016 - MoM

• Pogba

• Zaza

• Barzagli

• Cuardrado

• Khedira

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Stating the obvious, but the key against Napoli is stopping their left side.

The movement from Insigne, Hamsik and Ghoulam is good and and awful lot of Napoli's goals come down that side.

Most teams fall into a trap of indecision between whether to mark or whether to close space and Insigne and Hamsik often take adavantage of that.

If Insigne goes inside, does Lichtsteiner track him? Does he become Sturaro/Marchisio's responsibility? Does he become Bonucci's responsibilty? Or do all of them hold shape and try to keep the space between them as small as possible?

And who is responsible for Hamsik if Insigne goes inside and Hamsik loops outside him into the space Insigne had left?

I think I'd be playing something along the lines of the system above, possibly a bit closer to 4-3-3, and going pretty close to man-marking down that side.

Lichtsteiner-Insigne
Sturaro-Hamsik
Cuadrado-Ghoulam

The movement isn't as good from the other Napoli players, nor is there a consistent end product from them (aside from Higuain, but that's normal for the central defenders to have to deal with) so I wouldn't be marking elsewhere.

This stuff is of course when Napoli have the ball.

Juve can play pretty aggressively, I think and push the fullbacks forward because Insigne and Callejon will track them.

Great chance for Dybala to be influential in this game because Jorginho is Napoli's weak link defensively. Allan should be preoccupied with Pogba and unable to help Jorginho much.

No reason for Juve not to try and make the pitch really big and focus on threading balls through the midfield to Dybala's feet.

OP
Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #287
    Stating the obvious, but the key against Napoli is stopping their left side.

The movement from Insigne, Hamsik and Ghoulam is good and and awful lot of Napoli's goals come down that side.

Most teams fall into a trap of indecision between whether to mark or whether to close space and Insigne and Hamsik often take adavantage of that.

If Insigne goes inside, does Lichtsteiner track him? Does he become Sturaro/Marchisio's responsibility? Does he become Bonucci's responsibilty? Or do all of them hold shape and try to keep the space between them as small as possible?

And who is responsible for Hamsik if Insigne goes inside and Hamsik loops outside him into the space Insigne had left?

I think I'd be playing something along the lines of the system above, possibly a bit closer to 4-3-3, and going pretty close to man-marking down that side.

Lichtsteiner-Insigne
    Sturaro-Hamsik
    Cuadrado-Ghoulam

The movement isn't as good from the other Napoli players, nor is there a consistent end product from them (aside from Higuain, but that's normal for the central defenders to have to deal with) so I wouldn't be marking elsewhere.

This stuff is of course when Napoli have the ball.

Juve can play pretty aggressively, I think and push the fullbacks forward because Insigne and Callejon will track them.

Great chance for Dybala to be influential in this game because Jorginho is Napoli's weak link defensively. Allan should be preoccupied with Pogba and unable to help Jorginho much.

No reason for Juve not to try and make the pitch really big and focus on threading balls through the midfield to Dybala's feet.
    :delpiero: What a post. Well done, mate. :tup: +rep

I see some "Forza Juve" sparkles in your posts. :D

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    mayor of NY

Bill de Blasio ‏@BilldeBlasio 9h9 hours ago Manhattan, NY

Without @Pirlo_official, the bianconeri are toothless vs. @sscnapoli. @JuventusFC's loss is @NYCFC's gain! #JuveNapoli #ForzaNapoliSempre
    View conversation
    78 retweets 128 likes

Soccer fans, watch for @sscNapoli to emerge as the undisputed greatest
    team in Italy this Saturday. #ForzaNapoliSempre #JuveNapoli

OP
    Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #289
    Back to 4-4-2, huh? Ranieri era. :touched: Del Neri era. :touched:

It worked for us in the big matches back then so why wouldn't it work again?

In that case, I'd play:

Morata - Dybala

Alex Sandro - Pogba - Marchisio - Cuadrado

Evra - Barzagli - Bonucci - Lichtsteiner

Buffon​

No Sturaro please.

OP
    Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #291
    Pogba has more talent in his left pinky than Hamsik in his whole body.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Back to 4-4-2, huh? Ranieri era. :touched: Del Neri era. :touched:

It worked for us in the big matches back then so why wouldn't it work again?

In that case, I'd play:

Morata - Dybala

Alex Sandro - Pogba - Marchisio - Cuadrado

Evra - Barzagli - Bonucci - Lichtsteiner

Buffon​

No Sturaro please.
    Thats incredibly dumb because it would limit Pogba alot to do more of the menial midfield tasks Marchisio and Sturaro take care of. Pogba is essentially an strong AM who can tackle and cover well on occasion for us, why restrict his freedom to be his best self?

OP
    Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #294
    Thats incredibly dumb because it would limit Pogba alot to do more of the menial midfield tasks Marchisio and Sturaro take care of. Pogba is essentially an strong AM who can tackle and cover well on occasion for us, why restrict his freedom to be his best self?
    Because Pogba on the wing is a waste. You just said Pogba is a strong AM. Zidane was also a world class AM. Not comparing Pogba to Zidane here but would you play Zidane on the wing?

Jul 20, 2012
    mayor of NY

Without @Pirlo_official, the bianconeri are toothless vs. @sscnapoli. @JuventusFC's loss is @NYCFC's gain! #JuveNapoli #ForzaNapoliSempre
    View conversation
    78 retweets 128 likes

Soccer fans, watch for @sscNapoli to emerge as the undisputed greatest
    team in Italy this Saturday. #ForzaNapoliSempre #JuveNapoli
    oh my lord

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Because Pogba on the wing is a waste. You just said Pogba is a strong AM. Zidane was also a world class AM. Not comparing Pogba to Zidane here but would you play Zidane on the wing?
    Ok...

There is an obvious misconception, under no circumstances will we ever play Pogba as a winger. That 4-4-2 only is that on paper, on the pitch it will be 4-3-3, he is left CM and Cuadrado is right winger.

And oh I said AM simply because of his extreme attacking talent that he needs freedom to express, but he is no Zidane or general AM type simply because he can do so much more in all aspects. But still its crazy to restrict him to the duties of a CM in 2 man CM pair, which that formation would. There is no freedom in it to do what he does, or it would leave Marchisio alone vs 3 Napoli CMs.

We will play 3-5-2 or 4-3-3 (or 4-3-1-2, unlikely with Pereyra's fitness), ALL OF THEM require a 3 man midfield trio in the middle. And it will stay that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)