[Serie A, 24th round] Cagliari 0-2 JUVENTUS [12th February, 2017] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Higuain

• Cuadrado

• Rugani

• Marchisio

Results are only viewable after voting.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Analyzing the individuals in this formation, it's easy to notice that some players who were underperforming (like Pjanic and Khedira) are doing fine since the formation switch. Gonzalo is being his usual self, while Mandzukic became a beast. Lichtsteiner is better than he was.

Two players are obvioulsy underperforming since we changed formation. Dybala is the most obvious one, but Alex Sandro is not his usual self either. The common thing about both of them is that they've been injured and they're average or, in Dybala's case, plain bad after the injuries. It's hard to tell if they're not as good as they were due to the formation, or due to those injuries.
I think that Dybala is quite inconsistent.Why? I am also not sure.More leaning to thinking that he is in that form currently than change of the formation .Not sure also.I rate Sandro very high but he makes errors in every formation.He makes some defense errors every now and then.Maybe he is better offensively with 3-5-2.Anyway this formation works better and we play better.

Buy on AliExpress.com

pphoenix

Jan 5, 2017
damn it higuain , he's so lethal in front of goal lol and i really believe juve can go on to win the UCL this season if everything goes right , just don't let madrid/bayern/baca win another one and what do you guys think about napoli ? do they have any chance ?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
damn it higuain , he's so lethal in front of goal lol and i really believe juve can go on to win the UCL this season if everything goes right , just don't let madrid/bayern/baca win another one and what do you guys think about napoli ? do they have any chance ?
Well we might not be the favorite but not always the best team wins...
Barca and Real are the favorites no doubt about it but I`d give Atl Madrid and Bayern a chance as well
I think we are the 5th most suited team to win it...

As for Napoli? they might draw or even win a game (if the first one is in Naples) but at Madrid it will be a riot!

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Analyzing the individuals in this formation, it's easy to notice that some players who were underperforming (like Pjanic and Khedira) are doing fine since the formation switch. Gonzalo is being his usual self, while Mandzukic became a beast. Lichtsteiner is better than he was.

Two players are obvioulsy underperforming since we changed formation. Dybala is the most obvious one, but Alex Sandro is not his usual self either. The common thing about both of them is that they've been injured and they're average or, in Dybala's case, plain bad after the injuries. It's hard to tell if they're not as good as they were due to the formation, or due to those injuries.
Could be that Sandro no longer has the freedom to bomb forward and take risks like he did with 3 CBs behind him so hes forced to be cautious and is second guessing himself. Dybala likes to take too many touches and doesnt have that amount of time and space in the center also his first touch has never been his best attribute

pphoenix

Jan 5, 2017
Barca and Real are the favorites no doubt about it but I`d give Atl Madrid and Bayern a chance as well

As for Napoli? they might draw or even win a game (if the first one is in Naples) but at Madrid it will be a riot!
you are underestimating your team , both barca and madid have not been up to their best , same goes for bayern but they have ancelotti and when it comes to ucl ancelloti is pretty good . i agree with with you on atletico though they have what it takes to defeat any team , but after all this i really believe juve can win the cl and for napoli vs madrid the first game is in bernabeu and i don't want napoli to alter their play style , just go out their and play like you do and if they play to their best i believe they can defeat RM .

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I dedicate this win to Nainggolan.

Cry me a river, bitch.
:lol: But,but wait,we always win from a penalties.

- - - Updated - - -

First game between Real-Napoli is at Madrid since Napoli were the first in the group stage.And A.Madrid doesn't have a bigger chances to win CL than us.The rest teams maybe but not A.Madrid.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

First game between Real-Napoli is at Madrid since Napoli were the first in the group stage.And A.Madrid doesn't have a bigger chances to win CL than us.The rest teams maybe but not A.Madrid.
We need a smoking Mongolian emoji ASAP. Could somebody do it?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

- - - Updated - - -

Look at the past years how far we got and where did they... basing it upon their CL success and our CL success (last years only) - They have a better chance...

- - - Updated - - -

you are underestimating your team , both barca and madid have not been up to their best , same goes for bayern but they have ancelotti and when it comes to ucl ancelloti is pretty good . i agree with with you on atletico though they have what it takes to defeat any team , but after all this i really believe juve can win the cl and for napoli vs madrid the first game is in bernabeu and i don't want napoli to alter their play style , just go out their and play like you do and if they play to their best i believe they can defeat RM .
Underestimating?! I dont think so..
I said we have a chance but we are not favorites... If you think we are favorites you are delusional...

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Look at the past years how far we got and where did they... basing it upon their CL success and our CL success (last years only) - They have a better chance...

- - - Updated - - -

Underestimating?! I dont think so..
I said we have a chance but we are not favorites... If you think we are favorites you are delusional...
They had two extraordinary seasons.That's it.Now we are far better than them.You will witness that this year.

OP
Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #172
    My player ratings:

Buffon 6.5
    Lichtsteiner 6
    Bonucci 6.5
    Rugani 6.5
    Alex Sandro 6
    Khedira 6
    Marchisio 6.5
    Cuadrado 6
    Dybala 6
    Mandžukić 6
    :Higgy: 7.5 MOM

- - - Updated - - -

Dybala is a waste as a trequartista. His perfect position is ss, that's his natural position.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    They had two extraordinary seasons.That's it.Now we are far better than them.You will witness that this year.
    I didnt say Atl is better - I just took the unbiased approach and said by looking at how far Juve and Atletico went in past years Atletico`s run was more impressive and therefore they have been more successful in europe therefore basing on it they are more likely to win than Juve
    As for the best teams in europe right now - Barcelona are a level above everyone but Real arent doing bad themselves which is evident in their La Liga position... apart from those two I`d say we are 3rd best along with Bayern and Atletico but to be honest - Last year`s Juve would kick our ass and the Juve team which reach the final would probably be favorites now that Barca arent at their best... We had bad luck that we went into a great season at the same season Barca had a great year..

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002

Its combination of things, but Sandro is mainly just recovering poorly form wise since injury only IMO. Because he has performed not his dominating way wether its wingback or fullback (tho wingback probably suits him more to impress because he gets to attack as much as he likes). But for Dybala, besides injury/form/pressure of 2nd season/contract on his mind or whatever, THE MAIN issue for him is defenitely the position. Its just so glaring even if the rest annoys him. He is too far from the goal, he is very technical and creative, but he is simply not an AM. There is a difference being a forward who to break patterns comes down to stretch things, create, be hard to mark, to someone who is told to play further back from goal in midfield. Shows his limitations more, despite all the lingering issues he as mentionned, one not mentionned being not really having an understanding with Higauin yet.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
    I didnt say Atl is better - I just took the unbiased approach and said by looking at how far Juve and Atletico went in past years Atletico`s run was more impressive and therefore they have been more successful in europe therefore basing on it they are more likely to win than Juve
    As for the best teams in europe right now - Barcelona are a level above everyone but Real arent doing bad themselves which is evident in their La Liga position... apart from those two I`d say we are 3rd best along with Bayern and Atletico but to be honest - Last year`s Juve would kick our ass and the Juve team which reach the final would probably be favorites now that Barca arent at their best... We had bad luck that we went into a great season at the same season Barca had a great year..

And that fucking Cakir referee who didn't whistle a clear penalty for us against Pogba when was 1-1 and immediately the scored for 2-1 at counter.It still hurt me a lot.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
    Its combination of things, but Sandro is mainly just recovering poorly form wise since injury only IMO. Because he has performed not his dominating way wether its wingback or fullback (tho wingback probably suits him more to impress because he gets to attack as much as he likes). But for Dybala, besides injury/form/pressure of 2nd season/contract on his mind or whatever, THE MAIN issue for him is defenitely the position. Its just so glaring even if the rest annoys him. He is too far from the goal, he is very technical and creative, but he is simply not an AM. There is a difference being a forward who to break patterns comes down to stretch things, create, be hard to mark, to someone who is told to play further back from goal in midfield. Shows his limitations more, despite all the lingering issues he as mentionned, one not mentionned being not really having an understanding with Higauin yet.
    Speaking about your last sentence, against Calgiari I noticed he's been switching positions with Higuain more often. Not sure if it was like that in the previous games while 4-2-3-1. I think it's a very good idea since it brings more unpredictability to our attacks. It gives Dybala a chance to play closer to the goal while Higuain is also ok when playing a little bit deeper.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006

All fairly logical.

Pjanic/Khedira: Simpler role playing in a two. Cover the space defensively. More easy passing options with four players always ahead of them.

Higuain: Better service (and prefers being a lone striker?).

Mandzukic: More running, less other stuff.

Lichtsteiner: Has support from a winger. Less exposed defensively. Less responsibility in attack.

Alex Sandro: Same stuff as Lichtsteiner. But reducing the space he has to cover hurts his game because it lessens the prominence of his physical attributes.

Dybala: One of the first queries I raised about the 4-2-3-1 was whether Dybala could handle the extra workrate required of him. So far I'd say he can't do it while maintaining his attacking output, but maybe he's just not back fully firing after his injury. He has had a couple of very good games since the system change.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    [/B]

And that $#@!ing Cakir referee who didn't whistle a clear penalty for us against Pogba when was 1-1 and immediately the scored for 2-1 at counter.It still hurt me a lot.
    Please dont Inter about it.. We lost because we lost and thats what matters..

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
    Please dont Inter about it.. We lost because we lost and thats what matters..
    I am not "Intering " at all,so don't "please me".Vidal should get his second yellow at 20-th minute maximum,All I am saying is that you need a little luck in a one match games ,especially at CL final.We are champions of lost finals.6 till now!!!!!!!!!
    I never say that we lost because of that fucking penalty on Pogba which was clear.We were at least equal to that bitches.We simply don't have luck.Like 2003 CL final with Milan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)