[Serie A, 23rd round] Juventus 1-0 Genoa (3rd February, 2016) (3 Viewers)

Juve 1-0 Genoa - 03-Feb-2016 - MoM

• Cuadrado

• Barzagli

• Pogba

• Dybala

Results are only viewable after voting.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Marc, I have edited thread title because it was too long.

Just put the dates and the timing is already there in the first post.

:kiss:

OP
Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #24
    Juventus vs Napoli duel for the Scudetto. :touched:

Like in old times, Platini vs Maradona...

- - - Updated - - -

Cannot wait for that game.
    Ditto.

- - - Updated - - -

Marc, I have edited thread title because it was too long.

Just put the dates and the timing is already there in the first post.

:kiss:
    OK, boss. ;) But you know what? I feel bad. Like I'm stealing your job. :frown:

- - - Updated - - -
    @Knowah ---> Thank you for +rep. Same goes to you.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Juventus vs Napoli duel for the Scudetto. :touched:

Like in old times, Platini vs Maradona...

- - - Updated - - -

Ditto.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, boss. ;) But you know what? I feel bad. Like I'm stealing your job. :frown:

- - - Updated - - -
    @Knowah ---> Thank you for +rep. Same goes to you.
    You're doing better than me :D

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
    May 23, 2011
    Nah, we shouldnt rest anyone atm. We cant risk to drop points here. Genoa have always been tough adversary looking at our past encounters in Turin.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Nah, we shouldnt rest anyone atm. We cant risk to drop points here. Genoa have always been tough adversary looking at our past encounters in Turin.
    If Marchisio doesn't get a break, he's going to drop. They have to give him a rest. And he isn't the only one.

We can't sit here and brag and gloat about all the depth we have if we are not going to use it, especially against a near bottom of the table team, at home, in midweek.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
    May 23, 2011
    If Marchisio doesn't get a break, he's going to drop. They have to give him a rest. And he isn't the only one.

We can't sit here and brag and gloat about all the depth we have if we are not going to use it, especially against a near bottom of the table team, at home, in midweek.
    I understand what you are saying but with Asamoah injured and Pereyra still not ready we dont have much options in the middle. At most we can rotate Sturaro for Khedira in the middle and that is it. Leaving both Pogba and Marchisio on the bench wouldnt be wise since we need to make the most of it before we meet Napoli. And Genoa has a habbit of making things difficult for us.

We may see more changes vs Frosinone though.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I understand what you are saying but with Asamoah injured and Pereyra still not ready we dont have much options in the middle. At most we can rotate Sturaro for Khedira in the middle and that is it. Leaving both Pogba and Marchisio on the bench wouldnt be wise since we need to make the most of it before we meet Napoli. And Genoa has a habbit of making things difficult for us.

We may see more changes vs Frosinone though.
    If a Juve team at home that will consists of the likes of Hernanes, Cuadrado, Pereyra, Zaza, Sturaro, Evra, Caceres, Rugani, et al can't beat Genoa at home, then I don't know what to say. Pereyra is going to HAVE to play sometime, so why not in midweek?

And to me, this would be the perfect time to make these types of changes, because then this club can play at full strength at Frosinone and then home to Napoli, with the proper rest cycle for the starters between those two matches. In my opinion, the more bench players that you can put onto the field on Wednesday, the better.

Napoli cannot afford to do this on Wednesday. They are away to Lazio. Even though they have Carpi at home the following week, their rotation schedule could get messed up.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
    May 23, 2011
    If a Juve team at home that will consists of the likes of Hernanes, Cuadrado, Pereyra, Zaza, Sturaro, Evra, Caceres, Rugani, et al can't beat Genoa at home, then I don't know what to say. Pereyra is going to HAVE to play sometime, so why not in midweek?

And to me, this would be the perfect time to make these types of changes, because then this club can play at full strength at Frosinone and then home to Napoli, with the proper rest cycle for the starters between those two matches. In my opinion, the more bench players that you can put onto the field on Wednesday, the better.

Napoli cannot afford to do this on Wednesday. They are away to Lazio. Even though they have Carpi at home the following week, their rotation schedule could get messed up.
    I really don't think that team would be good enough and we are never going to include that many bench players all at once, while we're still trying to catch Napoli. Considering the form they're in I can't see them dropping points either.

Pereyra hasn't played for a couple of months so it is a slim chance that he would start on Wednesday. I expect him making cameo in the 2nd half, at most.

Morata is finally picking his form so it would be imperative to start him as much as possible. He doesn't need rest since he has been benched for most of the season.

In our last 4 home games vs Genoa we have two wins and two draws and as far as I recall they have been tough side for us to break.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I really don't think that team would be good enough.

Pereyra hasn't played for a couple of months so it is a slim chance that he would start on Wednesday. I expect him making cameo in the 2nd half, at most.

Morata is finally picking his form so it would be imperative to start him as much as possible. He doesn't need rest since he has been benched for most of the season.

In our last 4 home games vs Genoa we have two wins and two draws and as far as I recall they have been tough side for us to break. And we're not in comfortable position, since Napoli is still 2 points away and considering the form they're in I can't see them dropping points either.
    I never said to drop Morata.

And for what it's worth, I can see Napoli dropping points away to Lazio, and I think that Sarri feels this as well, and would be more pressured to have to play more of his starters than Allegri will on Wednesday.

- - - Updated - - -

I really do honestly believe that a starting lineup consisting of

Caceres-Rugani-Chiellini

Cuadrado-Pereyra-Hernanes-Sturaro-Evra

Zaza-Morata

could seriously kick the shit out of Genoa.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
    May 23, 2011
    I never said to drop Morata.

And for what it's worth, I can see Napoli dropping points away to Lazio, and I think that Sarri feels this as well, and would be more pressured to have to play more of his starters than Allegri will on Wednesday.

- - - Updated - - -

I really do honestly believe that a starting lineup consisting of

Caceres-Rugani-Chiellini

Cuadrado-Pereyra-Hernanes-Sturaro-Evra

Zaza-Morata

could seriously kick the shit out of Genoa.
    But they never play together, they don't have the chemistry. You can rotate few players at most, one player in every area of the team, but more than that we'd be unnecessary risking to drop points. That right there is completely different midfield. Considering the start we had we're not in position to. imho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)