[Serie A, 20th round] Udinese 0-4 Juventus [17th January, 2016, 15:00 CET] (5 Viewers)

Udinese 0-4 Juve - 17-Jan-2016 - MoM

• Dybala

• Khedira

• Sandro

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #101

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
    Thuram was a beast but Nesta and Cannavaro were far better than all the other CB's in their prime. Both were amazing and an example for a world class defenders from a very young age.

OP
    Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #104
    Nah, he was definitely better than Cannavaro.
    Are you friggin' kidding me? A picture is worth a thousand of words.

Thuram was essential for France when they won the 1998 World Cup and 2000 EURO.

Nesta is elegant, I agree. But those two are better than Nesta. And that's not an opinion, that's a fact.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    Are you friggin' kidding me? A picture is worth a thousand of words.

Thuram was essential for France when they won the 1998 World Cup and 2000 EURO.

Nesta is elegant, I agree. But those two are better than Nesta. And that's not an opinion, that's a fact.
    Cannavaro had a higher peak, but seen over their whole career Nesta was probably better, that is to say more consistent.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    Cannavaro (2006) peaked better than Nesta, but the latter was better overall throughout the years. Thuram was a level below Nesta IMO.

Fuck you Coyote.

OP
    Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #108
    Fun fact: if Nesta hadn't gotten injured at WC 2006, Italy probably wouldn't have won the cup.
    Thuram was so close to winning yet another World Cup. Was amazing, just like the whole France team, led by Zidane. France deserved that WC more than Italy. Had a tougher path to the Final and dominated Italy in the Final only to be denied by the amazing Buffon.

- - - Updated - - -

Cannavaro had a higher peak, but seen over their whole career Nesta was probably better, that is to say more consistent.
    You're saying that only because Cannavaro sucked at Inter.

- - - Updated - - -

Cannavaro (2006) peaked better than Nesta, but the latter was better overall throughout the years. Thuram was a level below Nesta IMO.
    Let's agree to disagree. :)

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
    Here on this match Nesta "defended" and was positioned" better" than any defender in the world .Del Piero scissors and Trezegeut goal when we fucked BBillann .2005 .

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    what about mr. elegance, mr. consistency, scirea? i'd pick him over any of cannavaro, thuram, nesta, maldini, facchetti, beckenbauer, baresi, cabrini, or whoever comes to my mind.

OP
    Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #111
    Here on this match Nesta "defended" and was positioned" better" than any defender in the world .Del Piero scissors and Trezegeut goal when we $#@!ed BBillann .2005 .

:touched:

what about mr. elegance, mr. consistency, scirea? i'd pick him over any of cannavaro, thuram, nesta, maldini, facchetti, beckenbauer, baresi, cabrini, or whoever comes to my mind.
    We're talking about players who we saw in action. I never had the pleasure to watch the legendary Gaetano Scirea. :)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    Well, tell me about him. ;)
    he was the nesta, barzagli kind of player: read the game very well, anticipated most moves, but he was also a good runner with pace. the game was not so physical, so i cannot tell how he would perform nowadays, but i imagine a faster barzagli who even passes better than our own barza. he was all coolness. also, he hasn't been dismissed for his entire career, and that says something about an italian defender.

btw scirea formed a perfect pair with gentile, who was like a montero on steroids, fucking brutal, did the dirty job. like a montero-ferrara a couple of years later: the good and the bad, only missing the ugly. gentile was the reason why my friends at that time hated italian football. they were all over maradona, zico and ze germanz, i preferred italy and platini back then.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    Nesta vs Cannavaro is and always will be a never ending debate, just like Messi vs Ronaldo, Del Piero vs Baggio, Pele vs Maradona etc.

But since Canna played 3 seasons in our colors and reached his peak with us I believe we should be biased towards him a little bit.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    But since Canna played 3 seasons in our colors and reached his peak with us I believe we should be biased towards him a little bit.
    since that douche cannavaro left us during calciopoli than came back when he couldn't get into real's starting lineup anymore and was mostly a shadow of his best self during his 2nd spell at juve, then after his retirement he chose to wow napoli against juve, i'm 100% biased towards nesta.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Where they played shouldnt matter, but only thing Canna has over Nesta, and its a big thing, is the epic hero performance of WC 06. Otherwise, despite how top class Canna been, Nesta has allways looked like the superior player to me. Pretty much as flawless as a defender can get for me. One that was held back by injury and not being as much of a leader as best defenders tend to be, but he was still the best I ever seen in defending.

s4tch, thanks for that Scirea post :tup:

Looks like a such a graceful defender (one of the main things I liked about Nesta too). And also one that played like a libero Beckenbauer style, with the affinity to go forward with the ball.

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
    I still get goosebumps....
    The day Scirea died I just moved out of my parents home to go and live my then girlfriend (now wife)... 27 frigging years.
    I just remember starting to cry like a baby. Gaetano (I bear the same name) was like family. And the best defender. Ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)