Serie A 2020-21 (226 Viewers)

streak over. tuZ ''preference'', scudetto .

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
We can't have them all, but look at the quality of some players other teams have. They certainly closed the gap and we won't dominate in next 5 years for sure.

There will probably be 3-4 teams fighting for Scudetto next year.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Milan to take another step forward and win the Scudetto next season?
they don't have the firepower upfront. Zlatan will be even older, B.Diaz might return to Real, Calhanoglu wants out, Rebic is a hard worker without much end product, Leao is meh, Castillejo is even more meh, haven't seen much of Hauge and Saelemaekers.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Why? He's been a massive player for Milan this season. I'm sure you could make a case for some other CBs as well like Skriniar, Romero or De Ligt for example but don't think Kjaer is an odd choice at all given his level of play this season.
He's been good but he's not a top3 CB this season imo, as they're tied for only the 3rd best defense in the league. Inter and Juve had the best defense so the CB pairing should be theirs. Also think there has been more deserving players up front so I'd go with a 442 or 433

Jun 6, 2015
He's been good but he's not a top3 CB this season imo, as they're tied for only the 3rd best defense in the league. Inter and Juve had the best defense so the CB pairing should be theirs. Also think there has been more deserving players up front so I'd go with a 442 or 433
These kinds of lineups are always a bit of a toss up as none of us really has a big enough sample size from every single player to evaluate their performance levels throughout the season. It's just that Kjaer has stood out in a positive way whenever I've watched Milan and that coupled with the fact that they in the end finished second made me pick him over some other options.

I think so many teams in Italy play with wing-backs that you get players in their more natural positions by going with 3-5-2. Imo the midfield is the position where some deserving players miss out. I also get what you're saying about attacking players. Guys like Berardi, Insigne, Muriel, Mkhitaryan and Chiesa for example have a decent case to be included.

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
These kinds of lineups are always a bit of a toss up as none of us really has a big enough sample size from every single player to evaluate their performance levels throughout the season. It's just that Kjaer has stood out in a positive way whenever I've watched Milan and that coupled with the fact that they in the end finished second made me pick him over some other options.

I think so many teams in Italy play with wing-backs that you get players in their more natural positions by going with 3-5-2. Imo the midfield is the position where some deserving players miss out.
True, there is really no way to pick the best lineup unless some people with great football knowledge watch all games and come out with a objective XI.

You're right about the wingbacks, but does that really matter in a yearly XI? It's not like they will play together, it's just picking the best performers and keeping it close to what a football formation would be. Remember seeing 3-3-4 lineups with Marcelo and DA in the back 3, or 3 AMs/wingers in the midfield trio...

Jun 6, 2015
True, there is really no way to pick the best lineup unless some people with great football knowledge watch all games and come out with a objective XI.

You're right about the wingbacks, but does that really matter in a yearly XI? It's not like they will play together, it's just picking the best performers and keeping it close to what a football formation would be. Remember seeing 3-3-4 lineups with Marcelo and DA in the back 3, or 3 AMs/wingers in the midfield trio...
Yeah perhaps you're right and it doesn't matter.

Donnarumma
Cuads - De Vrij - Bastoni - Gosens
Sergej - Kessie - Barella
Berardi - Lukaku - Ronaldo

Would you prefer this one for example?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 222)