Serie A 2020-21 (14 Viewers)

streak over. tuZ ''preference'', scudetto .

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Sarri would've been a better fit for them. Would've helped them punch above their weight. Mourinho is a washed up clown who has no business managing a club in a top 5 league. This is a pure marketing move, nothing else.
Indeed. I dont like Sarri but at least his style fits the current era.

May 23, 2013
Oh man this stings the heart. Without a doubt one of the GOAT managers. But when it comes to the top top clubs, he just doesn't fit in anymore. There are very few "real men" among footballers unlike his prime. This is the era of ultra-commercialized football and mega celebrities on the pitch, Mourinho's attitude towards the game does not match well with that. I still think he has it in him to be successful with another club. If he were to leave the Prem for a more "humble big club" such as those in Serie A, he'd surprise quite a few of his detractors.

Great move for both Roma and Mourinho. Italy is Mourinho's natural habitat and Roma is a club with the perfect profile for him to bounce back after a couple of disappointing spells. Top 4 and a trophy is a real possibility for Roma next season. Conte, Mourinho, Gasperini, Inzaghi and potentially Allegri, Serie A is set to be quite fun next season.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Roma-Inter should be good if fans also come back. Mourinho got under Conte skin when they managed in uk.
BUT his past it now. I dont really understand what motivates him. He should have plenty of money. His basically ruining his reputation. Going to Roma screams desperation. He should have just waited if after euros NT is available to take over. At best his going to win coppa italia with Roma. Then again Tottenham had the squad to win smth and he managed to blew a 2 goal lead against Zagreb in Europa.

Mar 10, 2009
Indeed. I dont like Sarri but at least his style fits the current era.
Great move for both Roma and Mourinho. Italy is Mourinho's natural habitat and Roma is a club with the perfect profile for him to bounce back after a couple of disappointing spells. Top 4 and a trophy is a real possibility for Roma next season. Conte, Mourinho, Gasperini, Inzaghi and potentially Allegri, Serie A is set to be quite fun next season.
Last season said otherwise

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Roma-Inter should be good if fans also come back. Mourinho got under Conte skin when they managed in uk.
BUT his past it now. I dont really understand what motivates him. He should have plenty of money. His basically ruining his reputation. Going to Roma screams desperation. He should have just waited if after euros NT is available to take over. At best his going to win coppa italia with Roma. Then again Tottenham had the squad to win smth and he managed to blew a 2 goal lead against Zagreb in Europa.
Why? I agree that he doesnt need money, but him taking Roma means for me he is not a coward coach. Taking Roma in current situation is a big challenge for any coach and its good sign for me that he accepted it. Never understand coaches like Spaletti or Sarri who will just sit on their asses getting fat salaries and leeching the clubs unless their dream club calls them. Mourinho failed at Tottenham and he has something to prove, if he suceeds at Roma (where only few coaches suceed) then he can get to the top again.
I also really doubt Mourinho is the guy to be the NT coach, did u watch the Spurs series? He loves to work with players day by day and NT is completely different.
For me this is a big suprise, but also a good thing for Serie A, it also means Juve have to improve, because with him Roma will be a much better team, who might not even play in EL.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
The last 3 seasons have been disappointing for Roma, imo Mourinho picked a decent option. If he can fix their horrible defensive set-up, they'll have a good shot at top4 next season, they're conceding way too much this season.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Sarri was supposed to go there :(
Sarri in Roma is more dangerous then Mourinho in Roma. Mourinhos football ideas are completely outdated now. He is all about organisation and motivating his players, and when the players inevitably stop listening to him cuz his ideas are out of touch after a while, said organisation fails apart too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)