Serie A 2019/20 (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
The funny thing is most would be ok with eriksen joining psg or madrid instead. So people are basically getting pissed off because we arent throwing money at someone just for the sake of him not signing for inda.
considering we play entirely through the middle (with no width) and have little depth with any technical quality in that middle, do you honestly not agree that the club could really use greater quality in the middle? that signing eriksen would be merely "throwing money at someond just for the sake of him not signing for inda"

funny you mention preventing inter from signing players as motivation because it seems like thats exactly what we did do this winter by dropping 45 mil on a 20 y/o who wont play here this season.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
considering we play entirely through the middle (with no width) and have little depth with any technical quality in that middle, do you honestly not agree that the club could really use greater quality in the middle? that signing eriksen would be merely "throwing money at someond just for the sake of him not signing for inda"

funny you mention preventing inter from signing players as motivation because it seems like thats exactly what we did do this winter by dropping 45 mil on a 20 y/o who wont play here this season.
Don't bother.

Logic and Badass don't go well together.

Same with critical thinking and Badass.

Biased, blind fanboyism - now we speaking.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

I look at the signing of kulusevski differently. He can play in multiple positions for one and one that allows us to play 433 with him out wide. Secondly he is cheaper than eriksen when you consider signing on fees and wages are factored in and yet he has been a revelation this season and his price will only go up.
Signing eriksen poses 2 problems for me from a tactical view point, a midfield with him and pjanic in a midfield 3 is far too lightweight for my liking, and alternatively if we play him in the trequartista role then we are restricting ourselves to 4-3-1-2 and it's pointless to think sarri will play any other formation besides that and the 4-3-3.
The other issue being given his wages he would have to play nearly every game to make it worth while and in effect we would have to drop/rotate regularly with someone of similar wage in that forward 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't bother.

Logic and Badass don't go well together.

Same with critical thinking and Badass.

Biased, blind fanboyism - now we speaking.
Say that without crying

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I look at the signing of kulusevski differently. He can play in multiple positions for one and one that allows us to play 433 with him out wide. Secondly he is cheaper than eriksen when you consider signing on fees and wages are factored in and yet he has been a revelation this season and his price will only go up.
Signing eriksen poses 2 problems for me from a tactical view point, a midfield with him and pjanic in a midfield 3 is far too lightweight for my liking, and alternatively if we play him in the trequartista role then we are restricting ourselves to 4-3-1-2 and it's pointless to think sarri will play any other formation besides that and the 4-3-3.
The other issue being given his wages he would have to play nearly every game to make it worth while and in effect we would have to drop/rotate regularly with someone of similar wage in that forward 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Say that without crying
Now imagine if we signed Eriksen and Inter signed Kulusevski

He’d just invert his arguments :lol:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

facts: "he's special"

some tuzzers: "he's overrated"

:touched:
“He’s old and washed up. Turned to shit completely this year. We need a young CM in his prime who has been in amazing form the past couple years like Pogba instead.”

Eriksen - 27 years old, mediocre half season as his contract expires.
Pogba - 26 years old, mediocre 3.5 seasons after signing massive contract.

- - - Updated - - -

Now imagine if we signed Eriksen and Inter signed Kulusevski

He’d just invert his arguments :lol:
100% this. He does it every time.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The funny thing is most would be ok with eriksen joining psg or madrid instead. So people are basically getting pissed off because we arent throwing money at someone just for the sake of him not signing for inda.
I'm not ok with him joining ANYONE but us, especially for 18 million. I mean, are we kidding? Where we would get a mid of that quality for that price?

In January, no less?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Tonali or Eriksen? Assume that you've got money only for one.

Tonali can't help us this year. We are trying to win now. Eriksen absolutely does that. And it's 18 million. For a team in the Top 10 in revenue, that is a drop in the bucket.

- - - Updated - - -

We can't go around surmising that the money we are not spending on Eriksen will be spent on someone else in the summer. how many times have we fooled ourselves into believing that?

- - - Updated - - -

Matri went for 18 million 9 FUCKING years ago in January 2011. Let's put that into perspective here.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Tonali can't help us this year. We are trying to win now. Eriksen absolutely does that. And it's 18 million. For a team in the Top 10 in revenue, that is a drop in the bucket.

- - - Updated - - -

We can't go around surmising that the money we are not spending on Eriksen will be spent on someone else in the summer. how many times have we fooled ourselves into believing that?
Nah I think you should always take into account transfer fee + wages when doing the math for acquiring a player.

Tonali could be bought already this month to avoid auctions. I wouldn't exclude that tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)