Serie A 2019/20 (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Tonali or Eriksen? Assume that you've got money only for one.
Nah. Considering most of the forum thinks we can afford Pogba...

The better question is whether to buy:

Eriksen + Tonali (70-90mil combined transfer fee. 12-15 mil combined wages)

or

Pogba ( 100-120 mil transfer fee. 12-15 mil wages)

- - - Updated - - -

yea but that was just to prevent inter from getting him.
Can’t believe how many players we threw money at just to prevent Inter getting them.

Most shocking is that time we threw money at Cristiano Ronaldo to prevent Milan or Napoli getting him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Nah. Considering most of the forum thinks we can afford Pogba...

The better question is whether to buy:

Eriksen + Tonali (70-90mil combined transfer fee. 12-15 mil combined wages)

or

Pogba ( 100-120 mil transfer fee. 12-15 mil wages)

- - - Updated - - -

Can’t believe how many players we threw money at just to prevent Inter getting them.

Most shocking is that time we threw money at Cristiano Ronaldo to prevent Milan or Napoli getting him.
Pogba for me

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

facts: "he's special"

some tuzzers: "he's overrated"

:touched:
Facts do speak for him I admit but I still see him as a backup to the original plan wethere its Pogba or anyone else

- - - Updated - - -

Eriksen + Tonali easy peasy for me. Tonali can be the backbone of our mid for 10+ years if he develops to his potential.
Id go for Pogba who will be immense and he already proved it with u over Eriksen and a maybe..

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Facts do speak for him I admit but I still see him as a backup to the original plan wethere its Pogba or anyone else

- - - Updated - - -

Id go for Pogba who will be immense and he already proved it with u over Eriksen and a maybe..
Meh. Tonali is the highest potential young Italian since Verratti. I’d prefer we take chances on such players, as they are the type to stay here their entire career. It could fail, but you could also end up with a world class player for a decade.

And the difference between Pogba and Eriksen is nowhere near big enough to make missing out on Tonali worthwhile. Eriksen has performed significantly better in the PL for the last 3 years.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
If it was between Pogba and Eriksen alone, I can understand preferring Pogba (much more dynamic and physical presence), I do too, even if it requires we ignore Eriksen is MUCH cheaper transfer fee.

But how in the hell can you even entertain the idea of taking Pogba over BOTH Eriksen and Tonali? That's absolutely insane.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
If it was between Pogba and Eriksen alone, I can understand preferring Pogba (much more dynamic and physical presence), I do too, even if it requires we ignore Eriksen is MUCH cheaper transfer fee.

But how in the hell can you even entertain the idea of taking Pogba over BOTH Eriksen and Tonali? That's absolutely insane.
What if we sign both Pogba and Tonali though?

I can see us selling 2 or 3 CMs next summer, maybe even Pjanic.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

If we get Pogba and Tonali even better.

Any combination that gives us two quality midfielders over just one is the one I go with.

Not that Tonali is anywhere near their level, they are the best in the game at their positions. But he is a major talent and easily tips the scale to whatever hypothetical combination you guys suggest.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

We’d be selling most of our mid if we want to do this. Pjanic sale would be a must, because none of the other sales are going to get us much. Khedira free, Matuidi peanuts, Can ~15-20mil. I doubt we sell Rabiot or Ramsey after a year, especially on the wages they are on.

Pogba wages will be the same as Can + Khedira + Matuidi combined, though the new tax laws might help there.

We also already bought this Dejan kid for ~40mil as a CAM/winger.

I could easily see us only buying Tonali this summer. Selling Can and letting Khedira leave. Going into next season with Bentancur, Pjanic, Matuidi, Ramsey, Tonali, Rabiot, Dejan, Bernie.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4,532
    :gdm: changed story 4 times today on Spinazzola. Now he says if Spina deal fails inDa want Moses.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    So Inda is signing Giroud, Spinazzola, Ashley Young, and Eriksen all in one January. Conte is really gunning for that EL trophy.
    Would be annoying as heck if Conte set aside challenging us for scudetto and managed to win Europa League with them after going for a meaningless 102 pts in 13-14 instead of winning both.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    So Inda is signing Giroud, Spinazzola, Ashley Young, and Eriksen all in one January. Conte is really gunning for that EL trophy.
    yeah really uninsired signings for juve standars (eriskens aside)

but good for them to give them the depth they need to rest lukaku, candfreva and lautaro once a while .

with alexis being also back for them they can afford to rest a player, or play well in case of injuries.

- - - Updated - - -

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Meh. Tonali is the highest potential young Italian since Verratti. I’d prefer we take chances on such players, as they are the type to stay here their entire career. It could fail, but you could also end up with a world class player for a decade.

And the difference between Pogba and Eriksen is nowhere near big enough to make missing out on Tonali worthwhile. Eriksen has performed significantly better in the PL for the last 3 years.
    For me its like a great player vs a superstar for example Higuain vs Ronaldo - There is no doubt Higuain can get the job done but Ronaldo gives you that something extra

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)