Serie A 2019/20 (65 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
You would think it was the first time a black striker had faced a black defender in Serie A.

The problem here is that the journalists mean well but Italy must be the least 'woke' first world country in Europe, and they have no idea how to express themselves well. They tried to show solidarity, and ended up creating a totally pointless and cringeworthy piece.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
You would think it was the first time a black striker had faced a black defender in Serie A.

The problem here is that the journalists mean well but Italy must be the least 'woke' first world country in Europe, and they have no idea how to express themselves well. They tried to show solidarity, and ended up creating a totally pointless and cringeworthy piece.
I agree it's too much to put 2 black players and name it "black friday" I mean what's the point if in the article you write it's a match between 2 ex-United stars and that people shound't booh but "oooh".
It's like a clickbait but toward a taboo

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Mar 10, 2009

Serie A has always had black players. I'm not sure why this year is so crazy.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
a bad choice but read the article:

"Lukaku and Smalling , ex team-mates at United and todays idols of Inter and Rome . The challenge inside tomorrow’s challenge: Scudetto and Champson’s league on sale (black Friday as of sales) They learnt to to value each other and took strong positions against racism, They’re symbols of two team that compared to last year have +8points And they wont lose them. In the face of all idiots that “buu”, tomorrow we all should make “oohh” (like impressed children). It will play a big Black Friday: but they’re not end of years sales, not remnants of a championship but a long season to live. Let’s look at Inter-Roma through the personal challenge , considering the friendship and their roles on the pitch, of two giants of color.

last line is a bit cringy
Why focus on their colour in the first place? This whole article is focusing on them being black.

Just writing about two ex team-mates facing each other wouldn't have cut it i guess.

Agreed that the headline is by far the most stupid thing about the article though. Do they live in the stone age? They are professionals. Have they ever heard of social media before? Should have seen the shit storm coming for putting a headline like that.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Serie A has always had black players. I'm not sure why this year is so crazy.
It ties in with the wider world, truth be told. You push one way and people will push the other.

I agree with Zazzaroni on the idea of "cheap indignation", but they got it wrong here. These media companies and also Serie A could do with a whole PR department, it's crucial in the modern world. You can just tell that these are not people who liaise with minorities on a day-to-day basis, it's a tug of war between old and modern.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Not a racist country...
except turin and juve fans which are flawless

- - - Updated - - -

It ties in with the wider world, truth be told. You push one way and people will push the other.

I agree with Zazzaroni on the idea of "cheap indignation", but they got it wrong here. These media companies and also Serie A could do with a whole PR department, it's crucial in the modern world. You can just tell that these are not people who liaise with minorities on a day-to-day basis, it's a tug of war between old and modern.
the chinese wont care so whats the problem? just dont do anything pro lgbt and we good

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Mario Balotelli is only 29 years old, but has already played for 9 clubs (8 different ones, milan twice) and will likely leave Brescia in January for free to play for another club.

9 clubs, soon to be 10 clubs...all before 30th birthday. most unstable player ever in history..... more than Cristian Vieri becasue at this rate he will ovetake Vieri.

to compare, vieri played for 15 different clubs in his career. yes 15! almost all clubs 1 seasons, except his longest stint with inter was 6 seasons.

@Alen @Dominic @Kyle @CrimsonianKing @Hustini

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Mario Balotelli is only 29 years old, but has already played for 9 clubs (8 different ones, milan twice) and will likely leave Brescia in January for free to play for another club.

9 clubs, soon to be 10 clubs...all before 30th birthday. most unstable player ever in history..... more than Cristian Vieri becasue at this rate he will ovetake Vieri.

t
fucking Wypipo

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004

to compare, vieri played for 15 different clubs in his career. yes 15! almost all clubs 1 seasons, except his longest stint with inter was 6 seasons.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Why focus on their colour in the first place? This whole article is focusing on them being black.

Just writing about two ex team-mates facing each other wouldn't have cut it i guess.

Agreed that the headline is by far the most stupid thing about the article though. Do they live in the stone age? They are professionals. Have they ever heard of social media before? Should have seen the shit storm coming for putting a headline like that.
It's ridiculous but what if the article focused on blue eyed players with headline "Blue crystals battle" , or blond players with headline "Gold rush for the top". So, is that racist too?

I can agree it is stupid and unnecessary but racist?

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I think it's racist to think that's racist
I think the same way. There is nothing wrong with being black or white. And if someone points out that another person is black or white - so what? I honestly would prefer to have more melanin on my skin so I wouldn't worry that much for skin cancer, but unfortunately for me I'm kinda whitey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)