Serie A 2019/20 (72 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I just cheked Lazio's schedule. Aside from Atalanta and Juventus away from home, they have a pretty easy schedule.

Away Games: Genoa, Atalanta, Torino, Lecce, Udinese, Juventus, Verona and Napoli

Home Games: Bologna, Fiorentina, Milan, Sassuolo, Cagliari and Brescia

By the time they have to play Verona and Napoli, relegation and European qualification spots may have already been decided. It may come down to their games against us and Atalanta. If Lazio can get 2 or 4 points in both those games, they are a serious threat to our Serie A Crown.
I would bet on a Lazio loss away to Napoli.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
So is this an exception to the rule or are you actually wrong a lot?

- - - Updated - - -

Apart from relegated Brescia at home, I dont see any easy games there. Also find it hard to believe they'll jump from a 60 point team to a 90 point team in one season, there's a reason why they have always failed to qualify for CL
Haven't lost a game in the league since September

Already beaten the top two sides in the league giving them a massive confidence boost. In both games, they came from behind to win.

No other competition left to play

Have a far better goal differential than both Inter and Juventus. Infact they have conceded the least goals in the league and only behind Atalanta in most goals scored.

Their main men are all in top form.

There is every reason to believe they are a legitimate title contender. At worst, they'll comfortably secure a CL spot.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
For some strange reason, I actually see Lazio dropping points against Genoa this weekend. They’ve been in good form since appointing their new manager and are in the middle of a relegation battle and are desperate for points. Wouldn’t shock me if that game ends in a draw.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
I dont think it’s Inter and Lazio’s form that is the biggest threat to our defence of the title. It’s our own lack of top form.

Inter and Lazio will drop points, but if our own form is indicative of anything, we too will drop points in other games to neutralize any gains in our home games vs Inter and Lazio. This title race might end up coming down to the final 2-3 rounds of fixtures.

Our last game is verus Roma at home, which wont be easy since they are likely to be in the running for a European spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Haven't lost a game in the league since September

Already beaten the top two sides in the league giving them a massive confidence boost. In both games, they came from behind to win.

No other competition left to play

Have a far better goal differential than both Inter and Juventus. Infact they have conceded the least goals in the league and only behind Atalanta in most goals scored.

Their main men are all in top form.

There is every reason to believe they are a legitimate title contender. At worst, they'll comfortably secure a CL spot.
Y, it looks like theyll comfortably get a CL spot. But the way I see it 80 points is realistic for them, 90 is not, they dont have the depth, they dont have the culture or experience needed.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I would bet on a Lazio loss away to Napoli.
In the last game of the season, against a Napoli that may have absolutely nothing to pay for? I don't think so.

- - - Updated - - -

Apart from relegated Brescia at home, I dont see any easy games there. Also find it hard to believe they'll jump from a 60 point team to a 90 point team in one season, there's a reason why they have always failed to qualify for CL
Maybe not easy, but definitely winnable for them. I don't see where this blind confidence in our team comes from. It's almost March and we're still playing like shit and have no identity.

They don't have any European commitments and have been on a tear in Serie A. We're playing like shit, struggling to put opponents away, have a novice coach with a loser mentality (chances are some players don't really respect him because he hasn't accomplished shit in his career) and still need to negotiate opponents in the Coppa and CL.

Last edited:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I dont think it’s Inter and Lazio’s form that is the biggest threat to our defence of the title. It’s our own lack of top form.

Inter and Lazio will drop points, but if our own form is indicative of anything, we too will drop points in other games to neutralize any gains in our home games vs Inter and Lazio. This title race might end up coming down to the final 2-3 rounds of fixtures.

Our last game is verus Roma at home, which wont be easy since they are likely to be in the running for a European spot.

Are you trying to say thst "the league is strong" is not a valid excuse?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

This time last year (round 24) we had 9 points more and a 21-3-0 record, so in terms of our consistency yes we have dropped off that ridiculous pace. Even Lazio or Inter of this season would be trailing in our wake.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
I remember how long it took for the deal to be finalized mainly because Lazio wanted like 10 mil euros and Beppe the Master wanted to conclude the deal at 9,8 mil euros and not a dime more, so eventually Licht took care of that ... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)