Serie A 2018/19 (34 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Do litterally what everyone else is doing in professional sports? Its not complicated.

Its only complicated if you dont care about it, which Italy clearly dont.
What’s more pathetic is that sports franchises and leagues stand to make A LOT more $$$ by shifting to digital ticketing. Yes there is some upfront costs for adoption but those are quickly covered upon conversion.

What’s truly sad here is that these club owners and governing execs care more about ignorant beliefs, practices, rhetoric, and propaganda than about the guarantee of making more hundreds of millions more in annual revenues.

This also relates to the outdated facilities, TV and media rights deals which leaves Serie A in the dark ages compared to all the other top leagues in Europe and leagues like MLS. These ignorant racist, populist false sense of pride people who dominate the beliefs of the Italian people (as indicated by the recent election) will continue to leave that country in the dark ages in several ways for decades to come.

To summarize, in Italy Ignorance >>>>>> maximizing profits

Sad!

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
What’s more pathetic is that sports franchises and leagues stand to make A LOT more $$$ by shifting to digital ticketing. Yes there is some upfront costs for adoption but those are quickly covered upon conversion.

What’s truly sad here is that these club owners and governing execs care more about ignorant beliefs, practices, rhetoric, and propaganda than about the guarantee of making more hundreds of millions more in annual revenues.

This also relates to the outdated facilities, TV and media rights deals which leaves Serie A in the dark ages compared to all the other top leagues in Europe and leagues like MLS. These ignorant racist, populist false sense of pride people who dominate the beliefs of the Italian people (as indicated by the recent election) will continue to leave that country in the dark ages in several ways for decades to come.

To summarize, in Italy Ignorance >>>>>> maximizing profits

Sad!

Facts, Agnelli actually put up a suggestion to deal with this a while ago with preventative measures similar to EPL; Bundesliga and other top sporting leagues, and guess what, the suggestion of dealing with the security and crowd problem was VOTED down. They dont think its an issue to deal with, its that simple.

@GordoDeCentral Allegri puts it well:

“Stopping matches only has a temporary impact, we need to be preventative. Inside the stadiums there are cameras who can catch these people.

“It’s simple: you see them, you catch them, and they’re not allowed in the stadium anymore. We can’t solve this problem though, it’s down to the relevant bodies.

“If they want to solve these things they can do it, if not then it’s nothing but hypocrisy and I’ll shut up.”

Allegri was then asked whether he agrees with stadiums being closed for these actions, with Inter given a two game ban.

“These aren’t my decisions, if they’ve made this decision it’ll be the right one. It solves the problem momentarily, but we need to stop this problem further upstream.

“The issue isn’t solved by closing the stadium for two months - after two months, what then? Preventative measures must be taken.

“There are people of value who can do it, so surely they will do it and then we’ll all be happy.

“I like Italian football, it’s beautiful and it’s difficult. I think we certainly have to do something, but not something extraordinary, something simple.

“It has to involve the children, so let’s go and talk to them. We need to spend some of our time with the children in the schools, to do a programme of education, respect and life. There has to be education.

“Then don’t complain when we arrive in the bus and there are parents hurling insults at everyone with their children alongside them. Then what do you think the child will do?

“I want to make myself available to pass on a little education to my seven-year-old son, but also others.

“Then I go to the stadium, I see a beautiful game like in Bergamo where there was a wonderful crowd, or at San Siro where there were 65,000 fans, but it’s not nice when there are these unpleasant situations.

“It takes patience though, everything won’t be resolved in a day. We need to start somewhere though, because if not there will be another incident in two months.”

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
What was Agnelli's suggestion? Imho, eliminating racist chanters in a stadium is impossible from the outside, much like excluding farters from a flight. The resistance must emerge from the society in a broader sense and from within the fan community in particular. Everytime I try to make monkey noises at Eintracht stadium I mean if somebody tried to make monkey noises in the Bundesliga there is a high chance he would find himself in a very uncomfortable situation.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Seriously, what are they trying to solve by banning the whole stadium for months?

You can't punish all because 2-3% are idiots.

Agnelli and Allegri are right, with all the technology and cameras these days doubt it would be that hard to indentify and ban these clowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)