Serie A 2018/19 (45 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
From 95-99 we had, by far, the best team in the world (one of the greatest in history). We made three CL finals and a semi final, but still only won one.
Same with our early-mid 80s team that made 2 finals and won 1. That team is one of the greatest of all time.

Winning CL often takes something more than just being the best team in football. Hence the reason Real Madrid has only won the league a single team alongside their last 4 CL titles. Or that both our CL titles came in years we didn't win the league.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Roma's squad revolution will probably backfire badly, lack of sync is already a problem but also the fact they replaced experienced players with kids (talented ones but still).

I simply can't understand the logic behind buying Nzonzi for 30m while selling Strootman for 25m.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Roma's squad revolution will probably backfire badly, lack of sync is already a problem but also the fact they replaced experienced players with kids (talented ones but still).

I simply can't understand the logic behind buying Nzonzi for 30m while selling Strootman for 25m.
They're hardly the same player, imo Cristante is more of a Strootman type of player from the incoming ones and Nzonzi is more like de Rossi DM buddy

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Nzonzi is considerably more impactful DM? Just seeing how he massively changed how much they could attack after he came on vs Atalanta was clear enough. He will be big plus player for them.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I don't know if Nzonzi can play B2B or not. If he can, swapping him and Strootman for the same price makes sense because N'Zonzi is the better player (provided Pastore plays CM, but LW suits him better).

They f'd up when they bought Cristante. I think they were expecting someone to buy Pellegrini. Then, Pellegrini as 6th choice became a luxury for them.

Otherwise, if they're relying on Cristane and Pellegrini to start and be protagonists, it doesn't make much sense. They're still a favorite for top-4, but there's a risk now. If Dzeko, N'Zonzi, DDR, or Manolas gets injured, they can be in trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

Nzonzi is considerably more impactful DM? Just seeing how he massively changed how much they could attack after he came on vs Atalanta was clear enough. He will be big plus player for them.

Did he play B2B when he came on?

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I don't know if Nzonzi can play B2B or not. If he can, swapping him and Strootman for the same price makes sense because N'Zonzi is the better player (provided Pastore plays CM, but LW suits him better).

They f'd up when they bought Cristante. I think they were expecting someone to buy Pellegrini. Then, Pellegrini as 6th choice became a luxury for them.

Otherwise, if they're relying on Cristane and Pellegrini to start and be protagonists, it doesn't make much sense. They're still a favorite for top-4, but there's a risk now. If Dzeko, N'Zonzi, DDR, or Manolas gets injured, they can be in trouble.
seriously, if Manolas gets injured they're in trouble for top 4 finish? :D their CBs are cack, but pretty sure that includes Manolas as well

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
seriously, if Manolas gets injured they're in trouble for top 4 finish? :D their CBs are cack, but pretty sure that includes Manolas as well
Manolas might be cack by our standards, he's decent for them.

Do you think Mercano is better? If he were, he'd be starting instead.

With no Strootman, it excludes the possibility of DDR playing in defense in case of a long-term injury.

So, to answer, yes, they'd leak more goals (and score less) with a Fazio-Mercano CB partnership. Team is set up to just get the job done. There isn't much cushion.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Did he play B2B when he came on?

Initially a little bit yes, with DDR the anchor, and Pastore central AM. But then they took out Florenzi the RB (who never defends) for Schick (the striker who cant score), and went 3-4-3, with DDR going back to CB as third one, and very attacking set up of Nzonzi sole central midfield anchor, Pastore attacking AM, Under and Kolarov wingbacks, and Kluivert, Schick and Dzeko up top. They could essentially all attack as much as they wanted because Nzonzi was just mopping everything up by himself in the middle. Quite the presence, despite this not being anything more then a routine performance for him.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Manolas might be cack by our standards, he's decent for them.

Do you think Mercano is better? If he were, he'd be starting instead.

With no Strootman, it excludes the possibility of DDR playing in defense in case of a long-term injury.

So, to answer, yes, they'd leak more goals (and score less) with a Fazio-Mercano CB partnership. Team is set up to just get the job done. There isn't much cushion.
I don't know much about Mercano, but Manolas is cack by many standards, not just Juve, I don't see why you'd single him out and not Fazio f.e..

Afaik Nzonzi is most comfortable in the role DDR is playing, I don't see how Strootman has got to do anything with DDRs availability for shifting to defense. They're also crowded upfront with Džeko, Schick, Kluivert, Under, Perotti and El Sha, so I expect a few more Pastore experiments as mezzala, which makes more sense next to Nzonzi.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
What about Nzonzi?
N'Zonzi is their best midfielder, one of the most underappreciated mids in Europe. But Cristane-N'Zonzi-Pellegrini is upper midtable level.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know much about Mercano, but Manolas is cack by many standards, not just Juve, I don't see why you'd single him out and not Fazio f.e..

Afaik Nzonzi is most comfortable in the role DDR is playing, I don't see how Strootman has got to do anything with DDRs availability for shifting to defense. They're also crowded upfront with Džeko, Schick, Kluivert, Under, Perotti and El Sha, so I expect a few more Pastore experiments as mezzala, which makes more sense next to Nzonzi.
Unless this Mercano guy is good (it was funny btw Monchi thought Hector Moreno was good enough as 3rd choice for Roma), they'll miss Fazio too if he gets injured. Manolas a bit more because Manolas is a bit better.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012

I have no problem with Nzonzi, dude is quality but as a DM which is occupied by DDR. Look at their B2B options and you know that a DM shouldn't have been their priority in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)