Serie A 2017/18 (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Crazy finish of the B season. Frosinone needed to win to gain the promotion and was leading 2-1 vs Foggia due to an own goal in 73'. In 89' Foggia equalized giving Parma the promotion.

[video=streamable;0iotw]https://streamable.com/0iotw[/video]

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Crazy finish of the B season. Frosinone needed to win to gain the promotion and was leading 2-1 vs Foggia due to an own goal in 73'. In 89' Foggia equalized giving Parma the promotion.

[video=streamable;0iotw]https://streamable.com/0iotw[/video]
Parma back!?!??! Mothafuckhaa!!!! :weee:

Hopefully next year Palermo, Serie A needs them.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Two strong teams coming back into Serie A in Parma and Empoli. Very happy for Parma, their teams in the 90s and early 2000s were a joy to watch and full of amazing players. I hope Venezia win the play-offs and get promoted. Serie A games there would be fun to watch and they have a very interesting project going on.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Lucarelli: 'I kept Parma promise'
By Football Italia staff

Alessandro Lucarelli through tears celebrated Parma’s return to Serie A. “I made a promise. I kept my promise.”

The Ducali went bankrupt in 2015, but this evening became the first ever Italian club to win three promotions in a row from Serie D to the top flight.

Lucarelli was the captain at Parma when they went under and he is still wearing the armband tonight.

“I made a promise. I said I’d take Parma back to Serie A. I kept my promise,” Lucarelli said through tears on Sky Sport Italia.

“It can’t be real, it’s impossible. Nobody could’ve imagined a finale like this, not even in my wildest dreams. The others were celebrating, then we heard a huge cheer from the stands. I don’t know what happened.

“This is a journey we started three years ago in front of these amazing fans. We had difficult moments, we always got back on our feet. They never gave up and I am proud to have been their captain.

“Now I can stop. I don’t know, we’ll see. I just need to celebrate right now.”

Lucarelli had said last year that he was going to retire, but once they earned promotion from Lega Pro to Serie B, he changed his mind and decided to stay on for one more season.

He turns 41 in July and it’s likely he will now hang up his boots to join the Ducali staff.

Frosinone had the advantage and had gone 2-1 up over Foggia, which would’ve sent Parma into the play-offs, but incredibly conceded a naïve counter-attack at the 89th minute.

“When Frosinone went 2-1 up, we felt almost dead and were preparing for the play-offs. Then we heard the crowd cheer and didn’t know what was going on,” added Amato Ciciretti, who scored Parma’s second goal.

“We thank Foggia, as they really did us a huge favour.”
:touched:

he was never a great player and couldnt have joined a big club. but he could have found a club in Serie A to take him for sure, and earn more money than he did by staying in Parma. but he would also have been just another mediocre italian player that gets forgotten as soon as he retires (or in some cases, while playing football still), but he didnt take that. he chose to be an icon for a city and a club instead. GRANDE

- - - Updated - - -

hoping to see him play in Serie A next year

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Venezia would be cool, Pippo as coach and Audero as starting GK. their stadium is too small tho, they gonna need a heavy investment for either a new one or to make the current acceptable. either them, Palermo or Bari would be good

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Atalanta talent factory
La Dea continues to marshal young players through one of the Peninsula’s top footballing academies and mould them into impactful first teamers, writes Matthew Santangelo.

Over the last few years, Atalanta have emerged as one of Italian football’s model clubs for others on the Peninsula to emulate.

Besides having veterans like captain Papu Gomez to shoulder leadership responsibility, set the tone in the locker room and be the example for the younger players in the squad, the Centro Sportivo Bortolotti is where most of the magic has transpired.

Aside from World Cup winners Gaetano Scirea and Antonio Cabrini, La Dea’s trusted philosophies and approach to grooming talent has seen players like Roberto Donadoni, Manolo Gabbiadini, Riccardo Montolivo, Giampaolo Pazzini, Filippo Inzaghi, Giacomo Bonaventura and Christian Vieri graduate on through and enjoy varied levels of success in the Italian top flight.

Due in large part to a tight budget to operate with under President Antonio Percassi, along with a trust in the process of developing talent, Atalanta are able to find that balance between producing positive results and not falling victim to risky business on the inflated transfer market. This isn’t to say that Atalanta do not spend on players, of course.

The Bergamaschi invest smartly in the right players for Coach Gian Piero Gasperini to utilise, with each having a purpose, and allow for their academy to push products into the first-team in assembly-line fashion.

In recent years, names like Mattia Caldara, Roberto Gagliardini, Andrea Conti and Franck Kessie have all become influential top-flight performers for Atalanta - all products of both the system they grew up in, but also the guidance of Gasperini since he set foot at the Stadio Atleti Azzurri d'Italia in 2016.

Despite being raided of the aforementioned players over the last 18 months, Atalanta continue to plug the gaps by a calculated market approach in addition to their academy efforts. Acquiring raw, fringe youngsters from Milan’s Primavera like Andrea Petagna and Bryan Cristante for moderate fees while also not limiting youth the opportunity to contribute, Atalanta have figured out the right formula for consistency in Serie A - and the proof is in not only the profits from sales, but also the finishes in the table.

Last season, Atalanta defied odds, turned heads and managed an impressive fourth place finish, which clinched a spot in this season’s Europa League, where they topped a group with the likes of Everton and Lyon. Entering the final round this weekend, Atalanta sit seventh, but with an opportunity to finish above a Milan side who just splashed north of €200m on talent, and secure their second consecutive Europa League berth.

Once again this summer, Atalanta will undergo wholesale changes to their roster, as both Caldara and Leonardo Spinazzola head off to Juventus, while Cristante continues to be the subject of transfer rumours with multiple clubs around Europe. In any case, Atalanta will continue to rely on what has rendered success over the years, putting faith in their academy and what products it produces. The 19-year old striker Musa Barrow, who has turned it on over the last two months with three goals in 10 appearances, is the latest example of why Atalanta’s system will continue to churn out talent, allow them to show their worth and keep the operation moving.

They are likely to have even more funds at their disposal soon enough, having bought the Stadio Azzurri d’Italia last year and planning a radical revamp of the arena.
https://www.football-italia.net/121620/atalanta-talent-factory

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Venezia would be cool, Pippo as coach and Audero as starting GK. their stadium is too small tho, they gonna need a heavy investment for either a new one or to make the current acceptable. either them, Palermo or Bari would be good
It's laughable that no one invested for a club located in Venice, it's Venice ffs, one of the most legendary city in the history of modern civilization. :sergio: a proper modern club in Venice that can compete for trophies could be a gold mine for the whole of Calcio.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
:tup: Venezia

Remember watching this last year. They weren't lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)