Serie A 2017/18 (122 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Does it matter?

Line has to be drawn somewhere otherwise it’s a slippery slope.
Totally agree about that. But it is a slippery slope, 'cause would the answer had been Fresh or B_aus for example, forum would be laughing and Lion would still be here, I guess.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Totally agree about that. But it is a slippery slope, 'cause would the answer had been Fresh or B_aus for example, forum would be laughing and Lion would still be here, I guess.
You willing to wager a ban on this? Otherwise i suggest you keep your mouth shut about things you have no knowledge of,

- - - Updated - - -

:howler:

Ok this stops here now and i will start giving infractions

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Back on topic...

——-

'Juve always winning late not normal’ | Football Italia

Marek Hamsik’s agent claims “it’s not normal that Juventus win 1-0 in the 90th minute every time” after Napoli lost ground at the top.

Napoli fell to a 4-2 defeat to Roma on Saturday, while Paulo Dybala’s injury-time goal handed Juve victory over Lazio, leaving the Bianconeri another win away from not only matching the Partenopei on games played but also toppling them by two points.

“Bad games can happen,” Martin Petras told Radio Kiss Kiss.

“Roma approached Napoli’s goal four times and scored four goals, but we must remain calm, the road is still long.

“Napoli aren’t giving up, but a defeat after so many victories is what it is. It’s not normal, however, that Juventus win 1-0 in the 90th minute every time.

“Still, we must be calm, the dream is always there. If Napoli keep playing like they know how, it’ll be hard for Inter to beat them.

“The Azzurri won’t give anything up. I hope their great desire can make the difference, compared to a Juventus side that have won for so many years straight.”
Another pathetic little man trying to stir up a controversy that isn't there.

It took me 5 minutes to fact check this claim and figure out, that; out of of 26 games this season, we've only managed to win in overtime once (same as Napoli).

Interestingly enough, he failed to mention how many times Napoli has managed to turn a loss into a victory. 7 times compared to our 3.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Do you have access to their accounts to see how many warnings they might have?

- - - Updated - - -

Another pathetic little man trying to stir up a controversy that isn't there.

It took me 5 minutes to fact check this claim and figure out, that; out of of 26 games this season, we've only managed to win in overtime once (same as Napoli).

Interestingly enough, he failed to mention how many times Napoli has managed to turn a loss into a victory. 7 times compared to our 3.
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

More on topic:

———

Radical 2018-19 Serie A changes | Football Italia

Big changes to the 2018-19 Serie A season, which runs from August 19 to May 26, with Winter rounds and an end to the transfer market on August 18.

CONI President Giovanni Malagò announced the developments this evening and there are several radical adjustments to the usual schedule.

“The next Serie A season will begin on August 19 and the Italian Super Cup is on August 12, with a location still to be confirmed.

“Next year, there will be two breaks in September and April, plus we have approved the formula of a Boxing Day schedule, so there will be games on December 22, 26 and 30 with the season resuming on January 20.

“The round on January 13 will be entirely about the Coppa Italia with a change to the format there too. It is no longer obligatory for the top seeded clubs to have the game on home turf, so it will all be done by open draw.

“As for the transfer market, we have made some important modifications. The summer session will close on August 18, 24 hours before the start of the Serie A season.

“The same will go for the January window, which is expected to close on January 19.”

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

More on topic:

———

Big changes to the 2018-19 Serie A season, which runs from August 19 to May 26, with Winter rounds and an end to the transfer market on August 18.

CONI President Giovanni Malagò announced the developments this evening and there are several radical adjustments to the usual schedule.

“The next Serie A season will begin on August 19 and the Italian Super Cup is on August 12, with a location still to be confirmed.

“Next year, there will be two breaks in September and April, plus we have approved the formula of a Boxing Day schedule, so there will be games on December 22, 26 and 30 with the season resuming on January 20.

“The round on January 13 will be entirely about the Coppa Italia with a change to the format there too. It is no longer obligatory for the top seeded clubs to have the game on home turf, so it will all be done by open draw.

“As for the transfer market, we have made some important modifications. The summer session will close on August 18, 24 hours before the start of the Serie A season.

“The same will go for the January window, which is expected to close on January 19.”
This is all good but wish they could do something to address the stadium problems.

As i said, this league needs a whole repackaging and there should be some movement by now regarding the various stadium projects. Its disappointing to hear that it could take months for Roma to lay the foundation stone for their new stadium.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This is all good but wish they could do something to address the stadium problems.

As i said, this league needs a whole repackaging and there should be some movement by now regarding the various stadium projects. Its disappointing to hear it could take months for Roma to lay the foundation stone for their new stadium.
I thought the league was working on the stadiums?

- - - Updated - - -

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

More on topic:

———

better be the same dates as other top leagues mercato.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I thought the league was working on the stadiums?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Its getting delayed and delayed and delayed

Italian bureaucracy hampering all the plans

Only few stadium projects are under construction right now and one of them involves a Serie B team(Frosinone).

Roma's stadium if completed would be probably be among the best stadiums in entire Europe imo. The plan was to have the stadium ready for Euro 2020 but now they're definitely not gonna make it. It would take perhaps atleast 3 years and this depends on if they can get to lay the foundation stone by this year(which by no means is a guarantee).

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yeah, but just like their fans, they never do. Always someone else to blame for their own failures.
A guy like Hamsik remembers us beating Milan on that late penalty last season, and then the injury time victory this weekend, and tried to claim that we always win matches like this. Meanwhile, in reality land, those are our only two wins from injury time goals in two seasons. :baus:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Back on topic...

——-

‘Juve always winning late not normal’ | Football Italia

Marek Hamsik’s agent claims “it’s not normal that Juventus win 1-0 in the 90th minute every time” after Napoli lost ground at the top.

Napoli fell to a 4-2 defeat to Roma on Saturday, while Paulo Dybala’s injury-time goal handed Juve victory over Lazio, leaving the Bianconeri another win away from not only matching the Partenopei on games played but also toppling them by two points.

“Bad games can happen,” Martin Petras told Radio Kiss Kiss.

“Roma approached Napoli’s goal four times and scored four goals, but we must remain calm, the road is still long.

“Napoli aren’t giving up, but a defeat after so many victories is what it is. It’s not normal, however, that Juventus win 1-0 in the 90th minute every time.

“Still, we must be calm, the dream is always there. If Napoli keep playing like they know how, it’ll be hard for Inter to beat them.

“The Azzurri won’t give anything up. I hope their great desire can make the difference, compared to a Juventus side that have won for so many years straight.”
Hahahahahahaha I had a feeling someone from that filthy club would draw up something stupid to excuse themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 121)