Serie A 2017/18 (126 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Like I said earlier, as long as we are within 3 points of them before the game against them, we should be fine. This Lazio game scares me this weekend though. We’ve struggled against them this season.
Is that home loss to them way back in October the only defeat of the season when playing 4-3-3:)nervous:)? I can't think of another one...

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
https://www.football-italia.net/117789/sarri-no-contest-after-2-0-milik

Maurizio Sarri confesses “there was no longer a contest” after Napoli went 2-0 up at Cagliari and confirms Arkadiusz Milik is “very close” to returning.

Sarri’s Napoli enjoyed one-way traffic after their second goal as they ended up hammering Cagliari 5-0 on Monday, while Milik had been backed to make his comeback from a second ACL injury in the space of a year this weekend against Roma.

“Suffering? I honestly saw little of it. Cagliari were in the game until we scored our first goal,” the Coach told Premium Sport after the game.

“In terms of physicality, they were superior, but we did quite well defensively. After 2-0, there was no longer a contest.

“Everyone said that playing before wasn’t an advantage, and now I don’t think it is for us.

“I said that Juve always won, so playing before them would put pressure on us. What I said was mathematical, referring to the probability of always playing after.

“When a team do very well for a long spell, credit must be divided. Most of it goes to the players, who have made themselves available to the team.

“The feeling with the sporting director is also important. Milik? In my opinion, he’s looking very good.

“The lad’s a little uncertain about whether he’s ready to return to the field, but he made a good impression this week. I think he’s very close to getting some minutes.

“Can we get to 100 points? It’s in God’s hands! We started this journey from 63 points, we’ve always improved, but we don’t know if we can get there or not. It’s unknown territory for us.

“I always tell the lads there are 12 games left and that we have to win 11 and draw one.”

:howler: This guy has the persecution complex of a left handed transgender black muslim

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Winning Scudetto this year would be even sweeter than 2012.
nah, nothing beats 11/12, so many good memories from that season. Del Piero scoring one last time against Inter or that winner against Lazio, Amauri destroying Milan in Florence, that legendary 3:3 game with Napoli, the stadium opener 4:1 against Parma with Pirlo sprinkling beauties all over the pitch :touched:

even if we lose the Scudetto to Napoli this season, I'd never trade the 11/12 success for this. the only thing I'd trade it for is a Scudetto in 07/08, Trez, Camo and Nedved all deserved that one last cup

- - - Updated - - -

scoring 5 goals is always five star
scoring 7 is always 7th heaven

what is 6?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
nah, nothing beats 11/12, so many good memories from that season. Del Piero scoring one last time against Inter or that winner against Lazio, Amauri destroying Milan in Florence, that legendary 3:3 game with Napoli, the stadium opener 4:1 against Parma with Pirlo sprinkling beauties all over the pitch :touched:

even if we lose the Scudetto to Napoli this season, I'd never trade the 11/12 success for this. the only thing I'd trade it for is a Scudetto in 07/08, Trez, Camo and Nedved all deserved that one last cup

- - - Updated - - -

what is 6?
LE6END, duuuh.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

- - - Updated - - -

what is 6?
“Pescara hit for 6 by Juve”

The non cricket-playing nations wouldn’t get the reference though

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Napoli's upcoming schedule:
Roma(H)
Inter(A)
Genoa(H)
Sassuolo(A)
Chievo(H)
Milan(A)
Udinese(H)
Juventus(A)
Fiorentina(A)
Torino(H)
Sampdoria(A)
Crotone(H)

Juve's upcoming schedule :
Lazio(A)
Udinese(H)
SPAL(A)
Milan(H)
Benevento(A)
Samp(H)
Crotone(A)
Napoli(H)
Inter(A)
Bologna(H)
Roma(A)
Verona(H)
Atalanta(H)

I think we have the slightly better schedule. Barring the Inter and Roma games, the rest of the 'tougher' games are all at home including Napoli. We have a lot of 'scrub' games where we can pick easy points compared to them. SPAL, Benevento, Crotone, Verona are all in the bottom half.

Meanwhile Napoli have to face Milan, Inter, Samp, Juventus all in the top 6 and all away games. They have to travel to Florence as well.

If we can get a result against Lazio in the weekend, we will be fine otherwise there's going to be huge pressure on us and I don't expect Roma to even draw Napoli let alone beat them.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
Roma(H)
Inter(A)
Genoa(H)
Sassuolo(A)
Chievo(H)
Milan(A)
Udinese(H)
Juventus(A)
Fiorentina(A)
Torino(H)
Sampdoria(A)
Crotone(H)

Lazio(A)
Udinese(H)
SPAL(A)
Milan(H)
Benevento(A)
Samp(H)
Crotone(A)
Napoli(A)
Inter(A)
Bologna(H)
Roma(A)
Verona(H)
Atalanta(H)

I think we have the slightly better schedule. Barring the Inter and Roma games, the rest of the 'tougher' games are all at home including Napoli. We have a lot of 'scrub' games where we can pick easy points compared to them. SPAL, Benevento, Crotone, Verona are all in the bottom half.

Meanwhile Napoli have to face Milan, Inter, Samp, Juventus all in the top 6 and all away games. They have to travel to Florence as well.

If we can get a result against Lazio in the weekend, we will be fine otherwise there's going to be huge pressure on us and I don't expect Roma to even draw Napoli let alone beat them
I disagree, the so called tough games for napoli , that are roma and inter, are within 2 weeks and they are in crap form

so their run in looks very simple

we have to go to inter, roma and lazio and by that time roma and inter would have recovered some form...and lazio are red hot right now

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I disagree, the so called tough games for napoli , that are roma and inter, are within 2 weeks and they are in crap form

so their run in looks very simple

we have to go to inter, roma and lazio and by that time roma and inter would have recovered some form...and lazio are red hot right now

Napoli have to play Milan and Juve away from home. Inter is an away game too , granted they're playing poorly right now but it's still an away game and it's a big game so they'll(Inter) somehow find a way to step it up. Except Roma, all of Napoli's tough games happen to be away from home so that matters too.

And Lazio aren't red hot. They have 2 wins and 3 losses in their last 5 games. That's definition of inconsistency. As I said, we need to get a favourable result against them, then I think we are pretty safe because imo I this weekend could be the most important game week of the entire season in terms of both title and CL spots race.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Despite their all time greatest form, Nipples is still only 1 point ahead and considering how mentally fragile they really are, one upset could fuck them up for good.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I just hope we get to the international break within a 3 point distance from Napoli, then it's still in our hands. wouldn't want to rely on anyone else taking points off them, they're very effective this season

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011

Cagliari one: born in Sao Paulo, started career in Santos, moved directly from Brazil to Italy, holds an European passport
Napoli one: born in Sao Paulo, started career in Santos, moved directly from Brazil to Italy, holds an European passport

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Roma(H)
Inter(A)
Genoa(H)
Sassuolo(A)
Chievo(H)
Milan(A)
Udinese(H)
Juventus(A)
Fiorentina(A)
Torino(H)
Sampdoria(A)
Crotone(H)

Lazio(A)
Udinese(H)
SPAL(A)
Milan(H)
Benevento(A)
Samp(H)
Crotone(A)
Napoli(H)
Inter(A)
Bologna(H)
Roma(A)
Verona(H)
Atalanta(H)

If we can get a result against Lazio in the weekend, we will be fine otherwise there's going to be huge pressure on us and I don't expect Roma to even draw Napoli let alone beat them.
The thing that has favoured Napoli throughout the season is that they have played so many teams when they have been in bad form. Only Inter at the start of the season were in good form. Atalanta in week 1, Lazio x 2, Samp, Roma next week, Inter in 2 weeks. Who knows what form AC Milan will be in when they come to play them. I'd think Roma and Inter will be in better form than current when we play them. We have smaller teams to play, but all are near the end of the season when they will be fighting for survival. In a tight league these things make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 125)