Serie A 2017/18 (116 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Benevento will be lucky to get 12 points at this rate. It's a nice story but they are horribly out of the depth, especially because they've had so many key injuries so far this season.

Teams like this add nothing to the league. SPAL and Crotone is some weak ass shit too.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Benevento will be lucky to get 12 points at this rate. It's a nice story but they are horribly out of the depth, especially because they've had so many key injuries so far this season.

Teams like this add nothing to the league. SPAL and Crotone is some weak ass shit too.
You said it yourself though, most lower table teams would struggle with that many injuries, not really something you can blame Benevento for.

KC17

Aug 18, 2011
Good read:
From the land of catenaccio to the highest scoring league in Europe: how Serie A lost its love of defending

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...o-highest-scoring-league-europe-a7956206.html
Decent read.

Although, pointing out the struggles in the Champions league for Italian teams, just to play into the narrative of Serie A being weak is pretty tiresome. Realistically, if there was a game we were going to lose in the group, that was gonna be the one. Roma actually did well to get a draw out of the match with Athletico, as they're just not on that level. And Napoli should have won that game against Shakhtar, very poor keeping from Reina, and some questionable choices by Sarri cost them all 3 points. Also fails to point out Italian teams collected 9/9 points in the Europa.

In spite of that, I do feel like the league would be a bit more competitive if it was 18 teams. Most of the relegation candidates would be stronger in that situation.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Losing 3 of your 4 defenders during a game is a big psychological and tactical blow.

Napoli play the same 14-15 players all the time, it's great for early season but causes problems later on.
I didn't watch the game, but I did read about Lazio losing most of their defence during the game. Apparently it was a lot more comfortable for them before that of course.

Fuck Nipples Soccer. Can't wait til we play them.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
:agree: all these teams with their undeserved new found confidence milan, inter, nipples need a thorough walloping at juventus stadium to put them back in their place

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

Serie A needs to be reduced to 18 teams, yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 116)