Serie A 2017/18 (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
To be honest, I really hope from the bottom of my heart that this project collapses and sees Milan relegated to Serie C and beyond, I would be extremely delighted if it happens. The difference is that I see their project sound and don't go expert on your asses saying how this will fail because that is only wishful thinking.
You can relax, I wasn't questioning your noble and pure hatred for Milan :p

Was just pointing out that people know really close to nothing about the new Milan ownership and are filling the gaps in facts with wishful thinking that fits a certain narrative:
Milan fans have themselves convinced that Milan is gonna have the budget of PSG and Man City combined, while Juve fans have no doubt the team will seize to exist within the next year or two.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody wants to read your moralising on what we have to say about Milan.

I don't mean to offend you personally, but let us enjoy shitting on Milan. Or at least have some good banter.
I am not trying to stop you from shitting on Milan. My point is, that if you want to put your stuff out in the open, you should be willing to take both the praise and the heat that comes with it. That is kind of what a forum is about.
If one's argument is so rational and bulletproof, then I wouldn't be able to make it look like a sieve, would I?

- - - Updated - - -

Milan financial is milan problem, if they make it better or worse thats there problem to solve.

But for me i always wished milan to get back on their feets asap for the sake of seria a in general.

And dont mind the experts in this forum they tend to have all the knowledge of the world when they dont.

And good luck in the next season.
:tup:

I don't mind the experts one bit - by now, we know each other's dirty laundry well enough. :D

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
ouch. i dont think vesivus could burn harder than sacchi's comments about napoli
Lol was kinda baffled with them lmao, completely out of the blue without provocation. I don't agree with the comments though, I think Napoli out of all the other teams are the ones that are gonna challenge for the title the hardest. They beat us twice last season and drew once, and become a force to be reckoned with once they get their game rolling. They've lost no key players and have a fairly young squad that now have a year more of experience under their belts, and players like Diawara, Milik, Insigne, Zielinski, Jorginho etc. should be even better, as they can train together in peace without an overhaul like most Serie A teams seem to do every year. They have no gaping needs in the squad so just adding depth here and there is what they should do, and have been doing this summer. The squad quality is nowhere near ours, but they have Sarri who is a cut above nearly all coaches in Italy too. Roma, Milan and Inter will need a while to get into any sort of groove, due to arrivals, coaches and departures.

May 22, 2007
Lol was kinda baffled with them lmao, completely out of the blue without provocation. I don't agree with the comments though, I think Napoli out of all the other teams are the ones that are gonna challenge for the title the hardest. They beat us twice last season and drew once, and become a force to be reckoned with once they get their game rolling. They've lost no key players and have a fairly young squad that now have a year more of experience under their belts, and players like Diawara, Milik, Insigne, Zielinski, Jorginho etc. should be even better, as they can train together in peace without an overhaul like most Serie A teams seem to do every year. They have no gaping needs in the squad so just adding depth here and there is what they should do, and have been doing this summer. The squad quality is nowhere near ours, but they have Sarri who is a cut above nearly all coaches in Italy too.
I think his comments are fair about Napoli managing expectations and not putting unnecessary pressure on themselves. Look at their 2015-16 season, they went into the match vs Juve as top of the league and with an 8 match winning streak in Serie A. Then Zaza sunk them and then didn't win in their next 4 games in the league and Europa. All it takes is one big moment, and Napoli aren't experienced in proving they can handle that.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
I think his comments are fair about Napoli managing expectations and not putting unnecessary pressure on themselves. Look at their 2015-16 season, they went into the match vs Juve as top of the league and with an 8 match winning streak in Serie A. Then Zaza sunk them and then didn't win in their next 4 games in the league and Europa. All it takes is one big moment, and Napoli aren't experienced in proving they can handle that.
Oh I agree with that part about managing expectations, but not that they can't put the scudetto as an objective and that they are worse than the other teams that are not named Juve.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Sacchi was 100% correct in everything he described, not only lacking top players with experience to win, but they mentally just huff and puff until first obstacle then crumble under pressure. They litterally are stuck in a loop and dont realize it, he gave them sage advice for sure IMO. Manage your expectations, put in the work, hope for the best, learn from your mistakes, but dont aim too high and crush your souls when you overreach too much. Stop seeing every game as a final and everything is over if you faulter even a little. Their games vs Atalanta past season was text book example of what Sacchi means...

Anyways here's my favourite part of what he said:

“I don’t think there are players at Napoli with the pedigree of winning things domestically or abroad.

“It’s better if they proceed with caution. They don’t have to play with the anxiety of needing to win.

“They can’t think that if a trophy doesn’t follow, it’ll be a failure, but their players must still give their best, with the same availability and enthusiasm that they’ve shown in recent times.

“Putting pressure on yourself is an unforgivable mistake. Performances aren’t enough, Juventus know how to handle moments of difficulty.

“As soon as Napoli lose even a millimetre in their game or concentration, they don’t know what to do. That’s because they have no top players like Juventus do, for example.

Its not an insult if its true, adapt and adjust, try again, stop repeating the same mistakes (which is not winning title btw, but mentally check out same way every time).

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I agree with that part about managing expectations, but not that they can't put the scudetto as an objective and that they are worse than the other teams that are not named Juve.
I dont think he really thinks they are worse then the others, but they have intricate mental flaw with pressure and expectations that comes with the small stature of the club and the hotheaded city. If Milan had the same quality of players and coach Napoli do, they would defenitely do better then Napoli, just because they are a calm top club that KNOWS what it means to win and what it takes. Same is true for Inter to lesser degree (much lesser degree, since their successful eras are too accidental timed peaks and not born out of good organisation), you need the right type of top coach or players, and more importantly the top organisation and belief behind it to handle it all.

There is a reason Napoli only have 2 scudetti, and it was due to having best player of all time, they simply dont have the winning culture/quality/finances required to get there. All that comes with the baggage mentally.

They are still easily the 2nd best club for sure, since Roma weakened themselves (lets see how they replace Salah). But it wont take much for Milan or Inter if they get their shit in order coming years, to again overtake Napoli. They naturally have the the gravitas that provincial side like that lacks.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Im not sure Napoli staying the same as last season is neccesarily a good thing for them, new players always bring in lots of enthusiasm, it's a fresh challenge for them, Napoli will lack that breath of fresh air. Look at Milan post-calciopoli, they had a lot of continuity and a lot of quality players still, but they just couldnt get it together mentally

May 22, 2007
I think evidence of their fortitude is needed for them to start considering lo scudetto an objective. Aside from a couple of Coppa Italia wins, their recent history is littered with failures in most competitions. Every season it seems like they stumble, lose a few points in Serie A then get eliminated from Europe around the same time. I even recall Conte in his first Juve season refusing to humour Scudetto talks even when it approached April/May in that season, and that was with a squad that had overcome adversity.

For sure Napoli are more equipped than any other team Serie A at this moment, but they're just another Arsenal at this stage.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Im not sure Napoli staying the same as last season is neccesarily a good thing for them, new players always bring in lots of enthusiasm, it's a fresh challenge for them, Napoli will lack that breath of fresh air. Look at Milan post-calciopoli, they had a lot of continuity and a lot of quality players still, but they just couldnt get it together mentally
I don't think Milan is a good comparison, as the next couple of years were always gonna be Inter's and from 2008 forward Milan began their downfall by signing past-it players like Becks and Dinho without properly finding replacements for ageing stars.

Continuity works well when you have young players with much room to improve, veterans to keep the team in check and a clear philosophy. Real Madrid have been very quiet with their transfers for the last couple of seasons (including this) and doing exactly what Napoli is doing now: adding some depth in needed positions while keeping all the stars. Real could do that, because they had no gaping holes in the team, had young players improving everywhere and had veterans keeping the team on a winning track. Napoli lack those experienced veterans aside from Hamsik, but they have young players improving in most positions and a clear philosophy with a great manager.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I don't think Milan is a good comparison, as the next couple of years were always gonna be Inter's and from 2008 forward Milan began their downfall by signing past-it players like Becks and Dinho without properly finding replacements for ageing stars.

Continuity works well when you have young players with much room to improve, veterans to keep the team in check and a clear philosophy. Real Madrid have been very quiet with their transfers for the last couple of seasons (including this) and doing exactly what Napoli is doing now: adding some depth in needed positions while keeping all the stars. Real could do that, because they had no gaping holes in the team, had young players improving everywhere and had veterans keeping the team on a winning track. Napoli lack those experienced veterans aside from Hamsik, but they have young players improving in most positions and a clear philosophy with a great manager.
I dont get it why they were going to be Inters? Milan won CL in 2007, surely they could've beaten Inter in Serie A.

I agree that their transfer policy let them down a lot, but I also think that their stars weren't as oldas portreyed, they were just mentally in a shit place. Take a look at Pirlo f.e., around 2008/2009 the guy looked like he's ready to retire, but then three years later he came to Juve and played the best season I've ever seen from a CM.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
I dont get it why they were going to be Inters? Milan won CL in 2007, surely they could've beaten Inter in Serie A.

I agree that their transfer policy let them down a lot, but I also think that their stars weren't as oldas portreyed, they were just mentally in a shit place. Take a look at Pirlo f.e., around 2008/2009 the guy looked like he's ready to retire, but then three years later he came to Juve and played the best season I've ever seen from a CM.
Milan were revoked points due to calciopoli so the next season was Inter's obviously and later Inter simply had a better team. I think a better example of your case where continuity was not working would be Chelsea after 14-15, when they dropped from 1st to 10th after being very quiet in the transfer market. That was a very strange drop-off and some times it's just with the mentality of the team, I agree. However, I personally see Napoli having a successful season in Serie A, but not so much in Europe. Sarri seems like a coach who is on good terms with his players, knows how to nurture the youngsters and knows what he is doing.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Sign Mongollan pls pls pls ::lol3::

[video=facebook;1162300497208423]https://www.facebook.com/typowaseriea/videos/1162300497208423/[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)