Serie A 2017/18 (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xGenius

Aug 30, 2014
tbf Fassone burned Palotta preety bad today.

Fassone's reply:
“Dear Mr Pallotta, we’re ready for a confrontation on the balance sheets of Milan and Roma,” the CEO explained in a video posted on the Rossoneri’s official Facebook page.

“We were stunned when reading his declarations this morning, firstly for their tone.

“It’s unusual, at least in Italy, to see a club attack another so directly, with this terminology.

“Secondly, for the inaccuracies contained in them: my immediate reaction was one of being stunned to hear that Milan’s owners didn’t have the money to buy the club.

“Furthermore, he mentioned completely-wrong figures: everyone knows that the part relative to the Elliott fund in financing the purchase of the club is €180m out of a club worth €740m.

“I repeat: inaccuracies on one part and tone on the other are, at the very least, questionable.

“I don’t know what was meant when he said we’d 'pay for the consequences’. I don’t know whether it was a threat or not.

“We issued a €50m bond exclusively for the [transfer] campaign this summer, and we’re well below the consumption of this bond.

“We have formulated multi-year plans, which have been presented to a quality board and also UEFA.

“It’s all publicly available, I’ll be able to show [our plans] calmly to President Pallotta, but if they’re threats [on Pallotta’s part], I’ll return them to sender.

“The accusation of Milan losing their heads concerned me. Us directors are rational and calculated, each investment made is calculated and based on the fact that we plan to settle them with additional revenues.

“The players we’ve signed have added value to the club, our assets are the players: they're young, prosperous and they have great potential.

“These declarations shook me up a bit: if Pallotta wants, I’ll be more than happy to compare our balance sheets with those of Roma.”

“I don’t know how Pallotta can think that our salaries may soon be equal to our revenues,” continued the CEO in his verbal assault on the capital club.

“Our plan envisages a 50-60 percent threshold on revenues and we started from a very low threshold because we inherited a squad with salaries that were well below a competitive rate.

“That aside, the club’s debt level stands at €120m, which is exceptionally better than that of Roma, who, due to being listed on the stock exchange, have the bad luck of their balance sheets being made public.

“I don’t want to comment on them, but everyone can see the debt levels they have…”

shortly after Palotta apologized on the official AS Roma website:
“I apologise if I have some incorrect information. I care a lot about Italian football returning to the top and in that respect, I expect that all the clubs can contribute to a stronger and more sustainable league, like we are doing at AS Roma. I wish AC Milan and its new owners all the best and look forward to their management and new owners working with all of us to be a key part of Serie A’s growth.”

Jan 5, 2007
Milan financial is milan problem, if they make it better or worse thats there problem to solve.

But for me i always wished milan to get back on their feets asap for the sake of seria a in general.

And dont mind the experts in this forum they tend to have all the knowledge of the world when they dont.

And good luck in the next season.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I am not sure why you would miss on such an opportunity to take a shit on Milan. Like most everyone else here, you could easily cast yourself an expert on Milan's finances and reach the obvious conclusion that they are doomed and will soon be disbanded.

- - - Updated - - -

:D

you wish :p
To be honest, I really hope from the bottom of my heart that this project collapses and sees Milan relegated to Serie C and beyond, I would be extremely delighted if it happens. The difference is that I see their project sound and don't go expert on your asses saying how this will fail because that is only wishful thinking.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
To be honest, I really hope from the bottom of my heart that this project collapses and sees Milan relegated to Serie C and beyond, I would be extremely delighted if it happens. The difference is that I see their project sound and don't go expert on your asses saying how this will fail because that is only wishful thinking.
I wish for that exact thing to happen to them, Inter and Napoli amongst others. Whether it happens one day is another story.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I wish for that exact thing to happen to them, Inter and Napoli amongst others. Whether it happens one day is another story.
Some people are predicting it will happen and it is just sad, wishful thinking is ok but not when it becomes repetitive and claimed to be facts based on how experts they are,

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
A Milan rise followed by a financial collapse and demotion to a lower league will be almost as destructive to serie A as Calciopoli. Many laughed, and still laugh, at Juve for what happened in Calciopoli, without realizing how it destroyed their teams just as much, or, as strange as it sounds, even more than Juve.

I was looking at the revenues from the start of this millennium until today. From 2000 until Calciopoli (2006), serie A regularly had two teams in top 5 or top 3, and three or more teams in top 10. And all these teams were earning more and more with each passing year.
For example, in 2001 Juve's revenue was 173.5m euro (second in the world), next year it grew up to 178m, then 219m, 229 and 250 until Calciopoli. Milan went from 164 to 200 to 222 to 234 and 238 in 2006 (Calciopoli). Inter from 162 to 167, 177, 206.

Then Calciopoli happened. Not a single team in top 5 that year. Milan wins CL. Yet... Milan's revenue falls from 238 to 227, then to 209, to 196. Inter's falls from 206 to 195 and 172.
Right now Milan's and Inter's revenues are lower than before Calciopoli (Milan from 238 to 214, Inter's from 206 to 179). It's been 11 years. everyone is earning 3 or 4 times more than in 2006, and these fuckers actually make less money!
Only Juve are now in top 10, at 10th place.
And all this started with Calciopoli.

Another similar blow will be devastating for everyone in serie A, including us. Unfortunately for us as fans who want to laugh at the rivals, it's clear that we need them back.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I think the EPL would've overtaken Serie A anyways. That's where all the global money was going to go anyways. Mainly because of English being widely used and the Sheihks/oil barons who had a big hand in inflating prices more than usual. They like England a lot because of London I assume.

And in Spain there's Real, that needs no explanation. And Barca ended up assembling most likely the greatest club side of all time for quite a while there.

All this started to happen before Calciopoli and while they wouldn't be so far ahead, they'd still be ahead.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
At least the have a #10 :baus:

They might not have brought in worldbeaters (except for Bonucci), but they made u huge step forward nonetheless. Bonucci alone is a huge upgrade.

Easily better than everything we signed so far.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Not much top level signings besides Bonucci and Biglia. But pretty much all are potentially good signings imo except for Borini.

But yeah a Mercato isn't impressive just because you get in big quantity of players at the same time. But it was needed, now question is if they can fit in together and perform to the level required, CL spot.

Their attack is still lacking, would been more impressed if they got Morata, Obama the younger or Belotti (plus a top level creative winger).

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
At least the have a #10 :baus:

They might not have brought in worldbeaters (except for Bonucci), but they made u huge step forward nonetheless. Bonucci alone is a huge upgrade.

Easily better than everything we signed so far.
Can you imagine if Juve gave №10 to such guy? WW3 will start on the streets of Turin. He is pretty mediocre from what I've seen so far. I know that 10 means much more in Juve than in Milan but still it is not very ambitious on their side.
I expect Berna to be more valuble to us than BonBon to Milan but we will see.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Not much top level signings besides Bonucci and Biglia. But pretty much all are potentially good signings imo except for Borini.

But yeah a Mercato isn't impressive just because you get in big quantity of players at the same time. But it was needed, now question is if they can fit in together and perform to the level required, CL spot.

Their attack is still lacking, would been more impressed if they got Morata, Obama the younger or Belotti (plus a top level creative winger).

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
Perisic + icardi

Fuck inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)