Serie A 2017/18 (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Pallotta just absolutely blasted Milan. :lol2:

Pallotta: 'Milan lost their minds!'
By Football Italia staff

Roma President James Pallotta blasted Financial Fair Play rules, as Milan’s transfer strategy “makes zero sense. They didn’t have the money in the first place. They’re losing their minds!”

American businessman Pallotta spoke to Sirius XM FC on Thursday evening and did not hold back his opinions.

The most controversial portion of the interview was about Milan’s €210m spending spree this summer following the takeover by Yonghong Li.

“UEFA in terms of Financial Fair Play has been a complete ****show for us. We should be the poster boy for turning things around from the previous ownership.

“When you relate it to AC Milan, I have no idea what’s going on there. It makes zero sense. The amount of spending – they didn’t have the money in the first place to buy the team, as they borrowed almost €300m from some people that I know in London, at a pretty high interest rate.

“They are spending, or at least making some significant down-payments, for players and they’re going to have to pay the piper at some point down the road.

“They say it’s about qualifying for the Champions League, but that won’t be enough. When the salary seems about equal to the revenues, I don’t know what the heck is going on. That’s the only one in Serie A who are losing their minds!

“Maybe they have this grand masterplan that we’ll all figure out someday, but the rest of the teams are being somewhat rational.

“If you can explain Milan to me, because I don’t get it…”

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Pallotta is spot on :baus:

Very strange what's going on with their mercato and how they are seemingly allowed to get away with it. Hopefully it does end in tatters and that disgusting club crumbles :xfinger:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Pallotta just absolutely blasted Milan. :lol2:
This is the best part:

“When you relate it to AC Milan, I have no idea what’s going on there. It makes zero sense. The amount of spending – they didn’t have the money in the first place to buy the team, as they borrowed almost €300m from some people that I know in London, at a pretty high interest rate.
If there's a huge financial source backing it all up, at least you're somewhat sure the club won't just disappear. But in this case there appears to be nothing..

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Too much wishful thinking, Milan are there to stay up there. They are definitely betting on the CL and it is obvious that once they get there they are to win it and they are capable to do so.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Pallotta is right. CL money by itself does not justify this huge spending, and disrupting the wage structure. My guess is they are counting on a lot of magical things to happen exactly at the same time (shirt sale boost, crazy sponsorship deals, etc.), and that's too optimistic for Serie A.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Too much wishful thinking, Milan are there to stay up there. They are definitely betting on the CL and it is obvious that once they get there they are to win it and they are capable to do so.
I am not sure why you would miss on such an opportunity to take a shit on Milan. Like most everyone else here, you could easily cast yourself an expert on Milan's finances and reach the obvious conclusion that they are doomed and will soon be disbanded.

- - - Updated - - -

@acmilan in 5 years:"i was always a bianconero"
:D

you wish :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)