Serie A 2017/18 (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zebrettino

Aug 4, 2012
Well, no replays there and judging from this angle you can see him losing his balance before the gk even touched him. :boh:
Dude, the GK charged past the ball and went to take him out, whether or not he "lost his balance" doesn't even enter into it, it's a penalty every time in every league, especially Italy.

89man

Sep 4, 2013
Do you actually believe that? It would be really sad if you did. If you guys don't sell him, do you really think he's not going to play in your EL qualifier? I'm pretty sure you'd even keep him as a starter and not buy another GK. Why would you spend money this fiscal year to buy a surplus GK that you'll only really require next year.

Of course if you sell him this year it would be different, and I think you will, but you're definitely in no position to bench a GK like him.

Why would we start a player who doesn't want to be here anymore, regardless of his talent?

xGenius

Aug 30, 2014
Do you actually believe that? It would be really sad if you did. If you guys don't sell him, do you really think he's not going to play in your EL qualifier? I'm pretty sure you'd even keep him as a starter and not buy another GK. Why would you spend money this fiscal year to buy a surplus GK that you'll only really require next year.

Of course if you sell him this year it would be different, and I think you will, but you're definitely in no position to bench a GK like him.
Hmm thats not how it works. Imagine Dybala did the same, do you think he'll be a starter for us next season?

Big Bang

Mar 12, 2012
Why would we start a player who doesn't want to be here anymore, regardless of his talent?
Because you still want to win games, presumably, and starting him increases your chances of doing that?

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm thats not how it works. Imagine Dybala did the same, do you think he'll be a starter for us next season?
1) If/when Dybala does decide to leave, I would hope that Beppe sells him while we can still make money off of him - that would be right now, in this window, in Donnarumma's case.

2) If we already have players who are capable of replacing Dybala, then no, we wouldn't need to. No one in Milan right now has the ability to replace him, and they can't exactly change their system to one where they don't need a GK anymore.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
lol, that's a disgusting thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Because you would get more points and high chances of getting into CL next year. Simple as that.

However, clubs probably won't do it just to 'prove' their strength. Hopefully their pride results in a loss.

Big Bang

Mar 12, 2012
I hope AC Milan or Napoli win the Scudetto if we fail.
tf??

- - - Updated - - -

lol, that's a disgusting thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Because you would get more points and high chances of getting into CL next year. Simple as that.

However, clubs probably won't do it just to 'prove' their strength. Hopefully their pride results in a loss.
Can you give me examples in recent history of clubs benching Donnarumma-level players for a year? I can't think of any.

Big Bang

Mar 12, 2012
Well if it works for him. What's really pathetic is Milan caving to it
No way he renews. What could they possibly offer him now that they didn't offer before? 5m Euros a year isn't a number they're going to go higher than. I think what he really wants is something they can't offer him: being in a team that matches his potential/career ambitions.

Perez said today they're interested in him - pretty sure that makes it a done deal.

If he does renew, it will mean he agreed to drop the whole "10m Euro release clause, 5m if Milan don't qualify for CL" thing, which will essentially mean that he/Raiola caved. This would be a retarded decision, as he will be held hostage at Milan unless an insane offer comes in.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I agree that it seems impossible that he could renew after what has been made public but i wouldnt be too shocked if he is finding it surprisingly difficult to join a club that matches his ambitions. Most top clubs right now have their GK position already sorted out. Chelsea, city, united bayern and barca wont come in for him. The three most likely seem to be Real, PSG and juve. At Real zidane has been publicly backing Navas, we still buffon for another year and donnarumma wont come here to sit on bench. I guess that leaves PSG as a possibility? Arsenal could bid but if he joins arsenal he truly is nothing but a spineless money grubbing cunt. For such a desireable player on a year contract there are surprisingly few options for him this summer and no way can he waste a year not playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)