Serie A 2017/18 (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guarin-lover

Feb 2, 2014
Radja Nainggolan: "I don't regret my statements about Juventus. I've always hated them since my Cagliari days. I saw certain attitudes from Juve players towards the refs & they were influenced by them. Once, Juve were given 2 penalties against us [AS Roma] for fouls committed outside the box."

Nainggolan is talking about these two penalties we got in that infamous Juve-Roma game back in 2014.

[video=streamable;efrn1]https://streamable.com/efrn1[/video]

[video=streamable;ov82r]https://streamable.com/ov82r[/video]

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
In the first one, it's either a penalty or a second yellow for Maicon (had one already iirc). The second one is a bit sketchy, probably a mistake. But the again, the Totti penalty Roma had in between those two was just as questionable.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The first one isnt pk, was not inside the box, just outside it when jumping. First one was on exactly on the line of the box, which tend to be seen as part of the box, even if Pogba over sold it.

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Radja Nainggolan: I don't regret my statements about Juventus. I've always hated them since my Cagliari days. I saw certain attitudes from Juve players towards the refs & they were influenced by them. Once, Juve were given 2 penalties against us [AS Roma] for fouls committed outside the box."

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
The first one isnt pk, was not inside the box, just outside it when jumping. First one was on exactly on the line of the box, which tend to be seen as part of the box, even if Pogba over sold it.
Also Roma penalty wasn't a penalty. Totti fouled first, but somehow it was called for Roma.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The only person who annoyed me with appealing for everything in a Juve shirt was Bonucci, he was always first there no matter if he was the other side of the pitch. The same way that Busquets is for Barfa, or Sergio Ramos for Madrid.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
Well, you are not allowed to jump forward before he shots the freekick. So it's a legit pk.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Not when the ball hits your arm, its outside the line of the box. Yellow card and another freekick is what it should been. It was a mistake, game was filled with them.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He jumped just inside the area and landed just out, so not exactly a giant leap (pun intended) to say that the ball hit him on the line (which is a penalty).

You would have thought these decisions were 5 yards outside the box rather than being close either way, the way the losers go on about it, but what else is new? They create their own football mythology based around Juventus. It's gives them relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)