Serie A 2017/18 (88 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
They don't have the legs. It's obvious for a month now. It doesn't even matter who will they play against. Everyone can take points from Napoli.
True, it has been looking like that the last few games, like they did get slightly lucky vs Chievo. Plus Bernardeschi and Cuadrado coming back should give us the depth off the bench to thwart any upsets on our side.

Negan

Apr 11, 2018
That Donnarumma save is what you call a great save that not any keeper can make, DDG gets way too much praise for straightforward saves by all of EPL fans

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Napolis season ends how they most often do, when you rely on 13-14 players throughout a season. Leicester did it, but the rarity should have made the Italian Weinstein invest in january.

I doubt Napoli (short term) will have a better chance for the Scudetto than this year.

Negan

Apr 11, 2018
Napolis seasons ends how they most often do, when you rely on 13-14 players throughout a season. Leicester did it, but the rarity should have made the Italian Weinstein invest in january.

I doubt Napoli (short term) will have a better chance for the Scudetto than this year.
They still have a lot of the Higuain money left because they only spent 30 million of it on Milik that season and haven't spent that much at all since, Maybe ADL has pocketed it and deposited it in his personal bank account :)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
If around the 60th minute someone offered the Napoli and Milan players a choice to keep playing for 30 more minutes or die, most would have chosen the latter. Only the win counted for both teams, yet they were so helpless and tired that it looked like only 0:0 suits them both.
That's what happens when you don't spend the season conserving energy :allegri:

Just saw that Nipples drew. Once again, playing after them, has given us that unfair advantage we need :stuckup:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Don't see what's surreal about that save tbh.
You basically need height + athleticism + anticipation to make that save. And obviously 2/3rds of that equation are not teachable. That's the allure with Donnarumma.

Some keepers are physically incapable of that save, I think.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Been watching this sport too long to realize how good the kid is. Donnarumma is incredibly talented.

But it's foolish to see him as Buffon's heir. The thing about Buffon is not only how good he was/is but how long he's been that good. I don't know any Gk in history that maintained such high standards being over 35 years old. He's the only one.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
You basically need height + athleticism + anticipation to make that save. And obviously 2/3rds of that equation are not teachable. That's the allure with Donnarumma.

Some keepers are physically incapable of that save, I think.
His anticipation, let alone positioning, looks dubious at times though, to say the least.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Maybe you joke but this is important. Still, the purists get all excited seeing their flowing football for 3/4 of a season so let them make their own mistakes.
I do joke but about "conserving energy" being a popular criticism of Allegri. We may not have played football like Napoli this season but look at them vs us right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 85)