[Serie A, 19th round] Crotone 0-2 JUVENTUS [8th February, 2017] (4 Viewers)

vote

• Rugani

• Asamoah

• Rincon

• Higuain

• Mandzukic

• D. Alves

• Pjanic

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
We actually struggled quite abit in the first half. During half time, I did a motivational rap, as witnessed by @Fr3sh, and then the goals came. You are welcome
:rofl:

I can confirm!!
Ok ok ok ok ok
Inter be beeching about referee all day
So that we ain't get no penalty today
But amedia ain't go care it no way

But we still gon kill this league like OJ
and inter Napoli Roma r gon be giving BJ
Icardi and perisic gon be giving BJ
ICARDI AND WANDA GON GIVE BJ

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
There are about 50 stadiums in Italy that are a carbon copy of that, and yes they are dull and almost lost in time.
It's not bad in daylight, but during the evening games these poor lighted stadiums really do depress you out. I just want to shoot myself.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Tricky game but we always seem to struggle in these sorts of matches e.g. Carpi, Frosinone.

I struggle to think of a team that has been so defensive against us, even when a goal down.

Good 3 points.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Tricky game but we always seem to struggle in these sorts of matches e.g. Carpi, Frosinone.

I struggle to think of a team that has been so defensive against us, even when a goal down.

Good 3 points.
It's hard to crack a team defending with 10 men for the whole game, especially when 3/4 of our main creative components (Pjanic, Cuadrado, Sandro) were rested. Think our teams biggest strength is hitting a team back on the counter with whipping crosses from the flanks or from the middle with Pjanic (looking at our goals scored this season), so denying those breaks makes it tough. The game opened up significantly when Pjanic came on. Crotone is such a provincial side though that we could probably field half of our primavera team and gain a positive result.

Good chance to give Pjaca and Rincon their first starts. Rincon had some good hustle going on but is sometimes quite clumsy with the ball, while Pjaca clearly was a bit too anxious. Pjaca really needs to start making more out of these chances, otherwise he'll get stuck to being the super-sub.

Numero Uno

Jun 18, 2012
it might be your firewall, too. just use tor browser, and maybe try to contact the site support:
https://www.juventus.com/en/contact.php
No, it's not just for me. It has been several months now that Juventus.com blocks Iranian IPs and I don't get why. I sent an email to them a while black, but I haven't recived any responses yet.

It's an off-topic disscussion, sorry.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
No, it's not just for me. It has been several months now that Juventus.com blocks Iranian IPs and I don't get why. I sent an email to them a while black, but I haven't recived any responses yet.

It's an off-topic disscussion, sorry.
Maybe they block Iranian emails as well :D

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
We were better in the second half. It gets tougher v a small club when you don't score early because every minute its 0-0 is a win for Crotone. As time goes on they get more confident and defend more and more. Mandzukic's goal was huge and Higuain's goal was class. I was pleased with Rincon, Asamoah continues to impress wide and Pjanic changed the game when he came on. Dybala is a special trequartista but he is a lot better with Pjanic out there. I'm curious how we will look when Marchisio returns to the starting 11. Someone will need to be benched. Probably Khedira but we will see I wonder if 4231/442 will be our go to formation the rest of the way.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
We were better in the second half. It gets tougher v a small club when you don't score early because every minute its 0-0 is a win for Crotone. As time goes on they get more confident and defend more and more. Mandzukic's goal was huge and Higuain's goal was class. I was pleased with Rincon, Asamoah continues to impress wide and Pjanic changed the game when he came on. Dybala is a special trequartista but he is a lot better with Pjanic out there. I'm curious how we will look when Marchisio returns to the starting 11. Someone will need to be benched. Probably Khedira but we will see I wonder if 4231/442 will be our go to formation the rest of the way.
Hopefully it will just because it allows us to play all our best players at once (well with exception of Marchisio/Khedira but that's fine because we have a class option for rotation thanks to that).

Oh and it benches our mediocre CMs for good. If we're to continue with this formation beyond this season we'll need to sell a couple and invest in some wingers/attackers.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
lol how?

Pjaca will do just as much defensive work as Cuadrado would so how is it any different now? Besides, what the hell did we buy Rincon for? For the sake of argument: Pjanic can play next to Sturaro/Rincon and either one would do just as much if not more defensive duties or add solidity as Khedira would.

Pjanic is hitting form and Marchisio is out with back pain so we need a player capable of keeping the play moving smoothly and that isn't what Khedira is for.

Zach pls :D

The 4-2-3-1 is a brandnew formation, with an impossibly weak central midfield for a non fancy shitfuck team. However, the impressive work on both wings compensates for it.
We are still learning how to play it. Pjanic aswel. So we need to be very carefull about balance.

by default, untill we have mastered this formation, we cannot play pjanic-khedira with any other wingers then Manbro and John. As is evident in Allegri's selections.

Introducing Pjaca. Unlike John, he doesnt know how/when/where to run/press/move in defence and organisation. And his offensive game is raw and incomplete.

We simply put more steel to compensate. Pjaca has the talent to be a worldclass winger. But he needs time to learn and understand the italian game, our formation and how to excell at it.

First, we need to master this formation. And then when Pjaca has mastered it aswel, we can think about this.

Not the answer you guys want. You'd put 10 dybala's on the field and expect it to win 10-0 each game. But its the answer you need to accept.

If we see pjanic and Pjaca in the same team, the formation will be 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 with Khedira/marchiso/rincon/Sturaro flanking pjanic

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
The 4-2-3-1 is a brandnew formation, with an impossibly weak central midfield for a non fancy $#@!$#@! team. However, the impressive work on both wings compensates for it.
We are still learning how to play it. Pjanic aswel. So we need to be very carefull about balance.

by default, untill we have mastered this formation, we cannot play pjanic-khedira with any other wingers then Manbro and John. As is evident in Allegri's selections.

Introducing Pjaca. Unlike John, he doesnt know how/when/where to run/press/move in defence and organisation. And his offensive game is raw and incomplete.

We simply put more steel to compensate. Pjaca has the talent to be a worldclass winger. But he needs time to learn and understand the italian game, our formation and how to excell at it.

First, we need to master this formation. And then when Pjaca has mastered it aswel, we can think about this.

Not the answer you guys want. You'd put 10 dybala's on the field and expect it to win 10-0 each game. But its the answer you need to accept.

If we see pjanic and Pjaca in the same team, the formation will be 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 with Khedira/marchiso/rincon/Sturaro flanking pjanic
Pjanic needed a rest today because he has been playing non stop and we could afford to rest him. Had nothing to do with Pjaca.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Pjanic needed a rest today because he has been playing non stop and we could afford to rest him. Had nothing to do with Pjaca.
Offcourse it had obviously everything to do with Pjaca.
Pjaca and Pjanic wont start in a 4-2-3-1 togheter for the reason i listed above. Whether he wanted to rest Pjanic, or give playtime to Pjaca doesnt matter, the result remains the same

This is further showcased by Allegri deliberately putting Rincon instead of Marchisio on the field for that extra midfield steel.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Offcourse it had obviously everything to do with Pjaca.
Pjaca and Pjanic wont start in a 4-2-3-1 togheter for the reason i listed above. Whether he wanted to rest Pjanic, or give playtime to Pjaca doesnt matter, the result remains the same

This is further showcased by Allegri deliberately putting Rincon instead of Marchisio on the field for that extra midfield steel.
This remains only your opinion and not a fact.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)